sharetrader
Page 297 of 764 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    I'm surprised by how well the share price is staying up. I really thought it would fall back much more severely than it has. Big gap between the buyers and sellers today and it has gone up rather than down. It seems the desperation of sellers has diminished significantly over the past few months.
    There hasn't been any desperation to sell (or buy) this week. Perhaps this is the new low until the next reporting period?

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    ............................. I would hope that M18 into dentistry practices in NZ will also follow...
    Not if the dentists can help it. The ones I have mentioned it to seemed remarkably DIS-interested............. unfortunately for the greater good.
    "The opposite of courage is conformity" - Rollo May

“Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.” - John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by pietrade View Post
    Not if the dentists can help it. The ones I have mentioned it to seemed remarkably DIS-interested............. unfortunately for the greater good.
    Is that because it isn't in their best interests? Do they think it will effect their patronage? Personally I take M18 and go to the dentist. The M18 makes the trip much faster and less painful.

Or do they not think it a efficacious product?

My dentist sells mouthwash, floss etc so I would have thought having M18 on the same shelf makes sense from a turnover perspective? Their poorly paid assistant can sell it so it is pretty easy money I would have thought?

Thoughts?

Advanced Member

My dentist is very interested in Blis, but not yet convinced. Despite the joke image of dentists grabbing money, I'm sure most of them hate drilling people's teeth and are motivated simply by wanting to help, and would be very interested indeed in any sort of preventative. Remember that a lot of people just simply don't go to the dentist because it involved drilling and therefore expense, so making it possible to go without expecting as much need for repairs would not put dentists out of work but merely enlarge the number of people with access to dentists. I really can't see much barrier here except convincing the dentists of the value of it.

In any case though, and as you say Emearg, it's hard to see then losing money by selling Blis.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Seems like a classic Mexican standoff regarding SP since there is no news to drive it either way.
    Or it's a lovely summer holiday week?

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Or it's a lovely summer holiday week?
    Damn they have fallen in the last hour. That isn't going to help me win the sharetrader competition! Thankfully Chorus had a great day

Simla, have you spotted any new products on the net lately? Or have you stopped looking?

Simla, do you know where the roulade is located inside Chaffeurs New World ? Thanks!

Advanced Member

No, I'm not actively looking for things much these days. Blis have put it together now very well, but nothing now matters except whether it can be turned to revenue or not. I was researching back then while the whole thing was a calculated investment decision - the more info the better - but now they have (quite incredibly) done virtually everything they said they would do (even though that was a miraculous thing to set out to do), there's really nothing for it but to wait. "We've sent the troops out to D-Day" or "We've sent the troops out to Gallipoli" and now we wait to hear if it worked. Gallipoli did not pay off despite a lot of valiant work, and D-day did after a lot of valiant work too. The signs are looking good for Blis at this point with so many useful irons in the fire, but only the final answers counts now.

I can't see the share price dipping much except in the short term. By my calculations they don't have to get in too much more cash to break even on operations, which would surely be a big bolster to the price. Anyone selling out at a low price is taking a bit of a gamble compared to hanging in there I would have thought. Is Blis really going to go 12 months without any good news? Seems unlikely to me. Is it worth hanging in there against that possible prise rise until then? Can't see why not myself, but each to his own. Of course it's always pretty hard anticipating Blis's expenses because they are so often up to something somewhere, so hard to tell their possible profit/loss accordingly, never mind variations in revenue.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the roulades at Chaffers Park but I'm not sure (and sorry, I haven't got a chauffeur myself...) but the roulades seem to disappear pretty quickly. They are usually by the other roulade wherever I've seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    No, I'm not actively looking for things much these days. Blis have put it together now very well, but nothing now matters except whether it can be turned to revenue or not. I was researching back then while the whole thing was a calculated investment decision - the more info the better - but now they have (quite incredibly) done virtually everything they said they would do (even though that was a miraculous thing to set out to do), there's really nothing for it but to wait. "We've sent the troops out to D-Day" or "We've sent the troops out to Gallipoli" and now we wait to hear if it worked. Gallipoli did not pay off despite a lot of valiant work, and D-day did after a lot of valiant work too. The signs are looking good for Blis at this point with so many useful irons in the fire, but only the final answers counts now.

I can't see the share price dipping much except in the short term. By my calculations they don't have to get in too much more cash to break even on operations, which would surely be a big bolster to the price. Anyone selling out at a low price is taking a bit of a gamble compared to hanging in there I would have thought. Is Blis really going to go 12 months without any good news? Seems unlikely to me. Is it worth hanging in there against that possible prise rise until then? Can't see why not myself, but each to his own. Of course it's always pretty hard anticipating Blis's expenses because they are so often up to something somewhere, so hard to tell their possible profit/loss accordingly, never mind variations in revenue.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the roulades at Chaffers Park but I'm not sure (and sorry, I haven't got a chauffeur myself...) but the roulades seem to disappear pretty quickly. They are usually by the other roulade wherever I've seen them.
    Hehe 11 minutes into beer o'clock and I couldn't tell the difference between a Chaffer and a chauffeur! If things so well you may well be able to afford the later, even though I suspect that wouldn't be to your taste

Apologies as I realise you aren't the Chaffers New World Host (or hostess perhaps as I don't believe your gender has been revealed) but where are the other roulades? Thanks and happy Friday PM

Oh, and I don't think you should mention Gallipoli. Fungus Pudding (and possibly STC) won't be able to resist...

Advanced Member

Just for you Emearg, and being a lovely evening, I sent Jeeves out for a drive. Willis St: 4 ice cream, no roulade; Chaffers: 19 ice cream, 2 punnets, no roulade; Thorndon: 27 ice cream, 12 roulade; Khandallah: 3 punnets, 4 roulade; Newlands: 19 ice cream, 24 roulade. (I don't think I've mixed up which was which!)

But, hey! News! Willis Street has a Raspberry Sorbet for sale too (or was it strawberry?), not probiotic. Good to see them reaching out for cash flow to build on the brand.