sharetrader
Page 312 of 764 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Not saying, huh? Well, dreams are free. Good luck, if you did.

Advanced Member

There's over 200 ice creams at Thorndon on special for $6 with dates suggesting a few months old, so looks like they are definitely selling out of Gourmet.

Inching back towards the 1 cent mark.

wait for the cash call in a few months time and the dumping of large lots by prominant holders to drop the sp in order to get a bigger slice like the last time......

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    wait for the cash call in a few months time and the dumping of large lots by prominant holders to drop the sp in order to get a bigger slice like the last time......
    I don't think there will be a need for cash for a wee while, but am sure it will come eventually. I would like to think that those involved in questionable selling last time around (two names spring to mind) would not manipulate things this time as many people are watching out for it, and twice in succession would be rather damning for those individuals. The process (and equation) for converting the preference shares was always going to be open to massive manipulation - a standard rights issue not to the same extent.

The share price is definitely drifting south, but with market cap now under $10m, this represents pretty good buying in my opinion (for those who want a rather risky spec stock). As I always say, Blis are only one announcement away from a huge hike in the share price; and when it moves you want to have some in your portfolio as it tends to move quickly. Conversely, it has the tendency to drift downwards between announcements.

The global consents and new products (dental, acne, dogs etc) that got everyone so excited a month or two back haven't changed (actually, big question mark over ice-cream I guess for anyone who was expecting world domination via direct sales of K12 ice cream). I'm sure the Blis folk are still beavering away with these products and talking to potential customers in new markets. Fingers crossed we hear about a positive development soon to give the share price a kickstart.

The other negative at the moment is the unknown quantity of shares still to be offloaded as part of the small shareholder scheme. My guess is that when an announcement comes out to say that process is complete, that will be a green light for many people who are currently sitting on the sidelines to jump back in. I'd expect a significant rise on the back of that announcement. The challenge is to anticipate when that announcement may come, and working out how many (if any) shares you want to hold already in case of a sharp spike.

Good luck to all holders.

BLT on the move again? Up 18% today on light volume; not much else on offer until 1.6 cents. Results due end of May, so a little bit of waiting until we get an update on progress. Could be some buying in the expectation of some good news.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    BLT on the move again? Up 18% today on light volume; not much else on offer until 1.6 cents. Results due end of May, so a little bit of waiting until we get an update on progress. Could be some buying in the expectation of some good news.
    To be honest, any announcement would be good news considering there has been radio silence since they announced they are closing down their only significant revenue generating activity.

Lets hope they have been doing something over the past few months other than trying to figure out how much more cash they need to raise.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

What a day on the NZX

BLT up 20% and ALF up 50%

Go the dogs

Advanced Member

The September half-year report had this to say:

"It is a disappointing financial result for the six months to 30 September but was a consequence of the December 2011 change in our global distributor; such a change represents a significant commitment involving transfer of knowledge of the science and the business of BLIS Technologies, along with the need for the distributor to implement new marketing strategies.

"The business of BLIS Technologies is extremely complex and Stratum Nutrition is making excellent progress in putting the proposition for use of our branded ingredients to participants in the global market and, although not yet reflected ingredient sales, BLIS Technologies is positioned for growth.

If this thing works, then the share price is a steal. Else it's nothing. The situation remains binary in my view, as it has for a while now. On the one hand the company vigorously pursues very sensible plans, and on the other we can't help wonder why previous efforts don't seem to be having more effect.

The question used to be: can the company implement such ambitious plans? Now it seems to be: will those plans pay off when implemented?

It sure would be nice if the company would dare to be a little more hopeful sounding. "Understated" doesn't even begin to describe how the company communicates its hopes!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What a day on the NZX

BLT up 20% and ALF up 50%

Go the dogs
    Please don't sell your EBO to feed the dogs.!!!! lol.