sharetrader
Page 313 of 764 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Please don't sell your EBO to feed the dogs.!!!! lol.
    Unfortunately I do not have EBO, but 2000 shares of EBO buys 1.5million shares of BLT. would be tempting.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    Unfortunately I do not have EBO, but 2000 shares of EBO buys 1.5million shares of BLT. would be tempting.
    Alternatively $1 worth of EBO buys $1 worth of BLT. Why would that be tempting?

Advanced Member

Stuff it, I'll dare to be a bit positive. The following COULD be in the next report: (based on September and March 2012 company reports).

On going sales: September spoke of new sales being sourced from product purchased the previous year. How long will that go on for? Surely not forever. News on America? It has been winter in America, but I'm not aware any Blis product is currently pursuing that market? Biog did. News from Asia? What marketing are the supplement manufacturers engaging in?

Dogs: October announced a longer dog trial had started. and a Morning Report interview hoped it would be in the US and Europe market"in a year". They haven't announced it failed. The March report said pet products were a "significant" part of Novus's business, Stratum's parent. Could be big. Might not be.

China: The March 12 report said K12 was okay in China for supplements and food. It said that import licences were needed for NZPR to distribute it in China, and described NZPR as operating "extensively" throughout China. The September report spoke of still needing approval to make functional food claims in China. "still" might suggest it is part of a plan to sell food then? What sort of food might be sold in China? Blis has previously talked of ability to do: yoghurt, ice cream, milk drinks, milk powder(?), chewing gum? March report said they had a "manufacturing and marketing" agreement with NZPR to ...market and distribute K12 products. Is this going to be a food product or supplements or both? An ODT interview in February spoke of a Chinese launch possibly by the end of the year subject to unspecified approvals. This could be pretty small or pretty big and I'm not sure how we can tell which. Hard to see it not happening though.

Europe: September announced a legal opinion they could sell BLIS in Europe now. Will we hear detail of take up on that?

GRAS. September spoke of no food ingredient sales in the 2013 financial year - ie. up until now. Hopefully we will hear of what to expect next though. March said food is now okay in NZ/AUS, US, China, Japan, Taiwan and some SE Asia. Is Europe now in that list too?

Consumer awareness: Surely the elephant in the room. This requires either business partners willing to spend money promoting their proucts and/or Blis managing to make some headway. Clearly Blis have limited resources at present, and I'm not expecting to hear they are trying a Richard Branson front-page photo approach either. Still, they must surely be thinking hard about this side of things. Will we hear any news?

Q24: We must hear more on this sooner or later.

Capital issue? Who knows. Sell down of recent shares?

Overall: Meantime the company has forecast a $1.8m loss. A new year is before us however. Hard to see how one of these isn't going to pay off enough to push Blis into profit before too much longer. But will it? And will it be sooner? Or later? Maybe the company can see the reward but has to eek it out to get there? Roll on the next report!

I remain cautiously optimistic. This company remains busy and is sticking to the plan as best able. But, yeah, stronger radio signals would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    That's more than the actual company has put in the last 4 announcements combined! Looks like you have a shot at being their PR spokesman
    Moosie .....probably works for them

ACC likes BLT!

Disclosure of 5.01% holding just announced.

Interesting.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

That purchase of 177,000 shares must have just taken them over the 5% threshold at which point they needed to declare their position. I wonder when they started accumulating?! I wonder too, if some deal may have been done (or is being done) for them to lap up the remaining shares from the small shareholder scheme. I still think that when it's announced that those shares have been sold, then it signals a green light for more people to get back in. Right now, it's a big unknown hovering over the shareprice. Looking forward to an update later this month.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    That purchase of 177,000 shares must have just taken them over the 5% threshold at which point they needed to declare their position.
    Given they have only just gone over and with such a small purchase, it makes you wonder if they did it intentionally to signal to the market that this company has potential.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

I'm not sure I would assume they just did that small trade. They have issued SSH notices on BLT for several years now.

In interpreting that, you might consider this 2011 article http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...on-sharemarket "ACC cements position as biggest player on sharemarket ". " ACC now owns more than 4 per cent of the free float of the New Zealand stock market, giving it influence over liquidity in some of the nation's biggest listed companies as well as smaller-cap firms. "We're effectively enhanced our returns by being a seller of liquidity to the market," Bagnall says. "It works for us and it works for the market as well."

As to the sell down of small shareholders, there was a flurry last week, but the sell orders seem to have dried up now. It's hard to judge volume from the NZX graphs, but it looks like a few million have traded since the Mar 21 start of the Small Shareholder Plan. I wonder if it's not all over?

I decided to try out some product. Their on line store website certainly did not inspire my confidence. It is in very subdued colours - dull.

When you look at each product, there is a quick list summary but unless you happen to move your cursor over it, you are unaware that you can scroll it down. If the whole summary is not read then the customer misses out on the full benefits.

Sure you can choose "Details" which then provides comprehensive information but I think for clarity the full summary of benefits should hit the eye first.

IMHO it needs a good revamp

You are kidding - I guess if you only have peanuts to spend then ...