sharetrader
Page 334 of 764 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Ive always maintained that any "world-first" company (like Blis) will one day be a takeover target
    Yes, but did you see Mr Gaynor's column a few weeks back about the welcome development of some NZ Boards learning to say 'no' to takeover offers. I've never understood why Boards would encourage shareholders to sell like that anyway, so I hope he's right. I'm in this for the long term revenue myself, and I am mildly hopeful that NZ will hang on to this company, at least in large part. After all, NZers generally just sell out because the sight of the cash is just too much for them, but maybe Kiwisaver is the beginning of the end of that.

Advanced Member

An interesting additional question therefore is what the funds think of Blis. They are presumably aware of it, or many of them anyway. If they think the news is starting to get good and that maybe the market is starting to notice that, I wonder what they would do? The obvious thing would be to be in on the issue, which may have happened, but I doubt many were taking that much notice at that point. But the company is still open to placements of $670k, with $2.33m of $3m issued, according to the 14 Oct announcement. If the funds join in, of course, we might finally see some regular liquidity. A lot of ifs!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    An interesting additional question therefore is what the funds think of Blis. They are presumably aware of it, or many of them anyway. If they think the news is starting to get good and that maybe the market is starting to notice that, I wonder what they would do? The obvious thing would be to be in on the issue, which may have happened, but I doubt many were taking that much notice at that point. But the company is still open to placements of $670k, with $2.33m of $3m issued, according to the 14 Oct announcement. If the funds join in, of course, we might finally see some regular liquidity. A lot of ifs!
    I dont think funds would be interested in a company with a market cap of only $14m (less than 10m before the start of today).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

老外

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Yes, but did you see Mr Gaynor's column a few weeks back about the welcome development of some NZ Boards learning to say 'no' to takeover offers. I've never understood why Boards would encourage shareholders to sell like that anyway, so I hope he's right. I'm in this for the long term revenue myself, and I am mildly hopeful that NZ will hang on to this company, at least in large part. After all, NZers generally just sell out because the sight of the cash is just too much for them, but maybe Kiwisaver is the beginning of the end of that.
    I damn well hope investors are learning to say no to takeover offers as well. I am also in Blis for the long term and will think about putting more money in when I have enough in my "high risk" bank account...

....AGREE Simla and Bobbles, BUT I really dont think there is much we could do about it IF/When it happens. As Blis becomes more global (as is happening), you can bet your bottom dollar it will be eventually "noticed" by a multi-national in the food additive industry. What a marketing coup that cud be for them (the large multi-national) to be able to state categorically that their product(s) now include, as A WORLD FIRST, a natural oral pro-biotic shown to prevent........... and improve.........etc

Lets hope the SP just continues to improve slowly now as more positive news filters through........this may just prevent this clever KIWI co. from going off-shore.

LONGTERM HOLDER/ACCUMULATOR.
    Have a Gr8day.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ....AGREE Simla and Bobbles, BUT I really dont think there is much we could do about it IF/When it happens. As Blis becomes more global (as is happening), you can bet your bottom dollar it will be eventually "noticed" by a multi-national in the food additive industry. What a marketing coup that cud be for them (the large multi-national) to be able to state categorically that their product(s) now include, as A WORLD FIRST, a natural oral pro-biotic shown to prevent........... and improve.........etc

Lets hope the SP just continues to improve slowly now as more positive news filters through........this may just prevent this clever KIWI co. from going off-shore.

LONGTERM HOLDER/ACCUMULATOR.
    It may not seem like we can do much about it personally, but it doesn't hurt instilling local investors with a sense of national pride based on kiwi ingenuity and making them realise that when buyouts occur it sends both valuable jobs and IP directly into the coffers of huge overseas interests. I tend to find kiwi companies operate a LOT more ethically as well compared to big overseas firms, which I heartily support.

Accepting buyouts for profit may put more money in your bank account but it sure doesn't help your fellow NZer, your country in general, the future hopes of coming generations or the earth become a nicer place. Some buyouts put a positive in your bank, but add a negative to your NZ support/ethics bank.

Guru

A product like this would be worth far more to the likes of Nestle than it ever would be as a stand alone company.

""(like Blis) will one day be a takeover target""
    this co has been taken over already........ look at who owns most of the shares.
    then read the last several disclosures of doom and gloom and delisting yada yada...... over the past year or so......
    and now....... certain folks who own most of the co, and have board seats and the new news is full on positive and professional.
    NOW its time to bring in the new punters and make a BILLION.
    just go back and read the company releases of the last couple of years and you will see that the co has been taken over.
    no wonder most kiwis dont invest in the NZ share market.
    at least the price is going up and I might get my initial investment back.....
    this is going to be a good traders stock for a little while.
    too bad others got zhat on.......

just my opinion of over a decade of being a shareholder of this co.
    good luck to those that bought in at 1 cent...... you should do very well.

I'm in....

Advanced Member

Yeah, that's hard to really judge fairly. In any investment, the ones who put the money in early will be strongly discounted if it takes several more issues to get off the ground - the alternative being to ask later investors to take a bath on the way in, which is hardly going to attract more investment. And those who have put money in later have still had to come up with good money. I've participated in every Blis issue for several years now, to at least some degree, and I have accordingly taken a hit on the early investments and hope that this last one will fair better. But I can promise you I have sweated hard over each decision and each dollar that that involved. Just because I've put money in doesn't mean I've taken it out of a lolly jar of free money! We've all taken our chances on a start up.

Nil desperandum, as I've said before. You never know what is around the corner. The question now is how much return we will finally get (assuming still that that happens). I recall you saying you've still averaged down over time but are north of the current share price though. Who knows where things will end. Xero is selling at around $30 while making a loss. PEB is selling well over a dollar, and making a loss. Who can make sense of any of it? We'll probably have a much better idea of where this is going in about a year. That's my guess, anyway.