sharetrader
Page 382 of 764 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 7632

.......wow!, ringing endorsement indeed. Surely this has to be picked up now by the powers that be? Those results cannot be ignored and Blis must surely now become the "first-line" of defence against Strep throat and other oral infections. Great News!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Thanks simla, great find and such great news for blis as a product. Should be a very interesting year for BLT.

Advanced Member

Here's a little insight into Stratum's take on Blis. http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...d-dental-first

"[Blis K12] has performed “very well” in both the US and European markets, said ... Global Marketing Manager for Stratum Nutrition." "we see the multiple brands across various sales channels actively searching for how they can expand their probiotic offerings to include BLIS K12" "currently BLIS K12 can be found in about 2 dozen recognized health products brands within RNH, direct, or professional channels in the US" ( ... and one of the interesting things about the next BLT report will be finding out what has happened to US revenue.)

And, yes, the regulations remain the bug-bear of all of this. "it can be more difficult to communicate in a regulatory-friendly way. We have extraordinary results in multiple clinical settings for BLIS K12 to support ENT immune health, but in the supplement industry the benefits can be challenging to articulate" Of course, we shareholders hope the GRAS approach makes that easier, as generally manufacturers seem much more able to say things there than in supplements, as far as I can see.

Also, contains a discussion of the main alternative to Blis I see on the net, for those unaware of it. A Google search suggests Blis has wider acceptance at this stage, but hard to measure obviously.

And a comment on the difficulties of the market, "A challenge we see with probiotics is that there are still many products on the market that contain strains with no documented benefits and in some cases without strain-specific safety data."

Anyway, they sound keen. They seem to think their business partners are keen. They seem to think it's going pretty well, but it remains a challenge to advertise within all the regulations. As I say, hopefully the GRAS side will change that, but we wait to see that. First we need to hear what's happening at the factory.

Advanced Member

The Herald this morning had an article on infant formula makers being nervous of a coming Chinese dairy audit in NZ "next month" (ie March) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11209847

I wonder if this is the inspection Blis are waiting for? No way of knowing. All very hush hush when you look on the government website. Food Safety have password protected news updates (why? good question) But the headlines are public. http://www.foodsafety.govt.nz/whats-new/. They said: 23 December, Timing of China infant formula and dairy systems audit. Then Jan 8, China Dairy product definitions - English and Chinese versions. Jan 13: Possible Postponement of China infant formula and dairy systems audit. Feb 20 : Further information on China infant formula and dairy systems audit - audit details

I don't see why Blis would be especially nervous if they are part of this inspection, as they have only just installed brand new equipment. But it's more regulatory hurdles and delays?

Further, the Food Safety website also says: Feb 4: Dairy Transition Presentation. This mentions a new dairy certification scheme being trialed soon, and expecting to roll out for May 1. Well, the news article referred to dairy manufacturers having to be registered with the Chinese by May 1. Coincidence?

Anyway, this may explain the delay. It may also indicate more weeks of delay to come maybe. Regulations sure have played a big part of the BLT story. The good news in all of that is that it seems to be proceeding reasonably quickly anyway.

This may all have nothing to do with BLT though. Interesting to watch regardless.

Guru

Nothing to do with BLT Simla and everything to do with China using the leverage they gained with the Fonterra cockup and to try and regulate their market to product that is manufactured by Chinese interests ie; setting up plants here using our raw materials.

Guru

Yes ,they play a ruthless game--they will punish economically for political issues as well i have read

Advanced Member

It's a tricky situation for China, though. Per capita, they have only a quarter of the world average of both farmland and water. You could understand them wanting to secure their supply lines. Plus the entrepreneurs no doubt see a golden future of demand and want in on it, just as people all around the world would do - including most of the people on these share chat groups here who are hoping to profit from any future they can see working well for investors. China is waking and the world is noticing. It's hard to say what suitable arrangements will eventually emerge. All trial and error at this stage, I would have said.

Did you see the article in the weekend about the supermarket thing, that NZ is "always Australia-bashing". I guess it depends on which side of the fence you sit on these sorts of questions!

From memory didn't Blis say they weren't venturing into the infant market? Milk powder products yes, but not for babies? Not sure exactly where I read that though...

Anybody else recall this? Or am I having a moment?

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    It's a tricky situation for China, though. Per capita, they have only a quarter of the world average of both farmland and water. You could understand them wanting to secure their supply lines.
    I was talking to a Bulgarian friend of mine last week who has an interesting view on China and water. He believes that If Ukraine leaves the Russian fold then Russia is seriously weakened (due to Ukrainian's resources and strategic position).

China needs water and as it grows will need it more desperately very soon. Siberia has enormous water reserves which China is eyeing up. With China's growing military and economic power, Russia may not be able to stop China taking them.

BC
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    From memory didn't Blis say they weren't venturing into the infant market? Milk powder products yes, but not for babies? Not sure exactly where I read that though...

Anybody else recall this? Or am I having a moment?
    You're not going mad (well, not on this point anyway).
    One of the announcements last year specifically stated "not infant formula" or words to that effect.