sharetrader
Page 403 of 764 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 7632

Hi simla.....so has there just bin a change in directors?......so who is the new talent? Ive been marketing BLIS to one of the top men at COMVITA 2day.......i think they shud get n2 bed 2getha......perfect match, hand in glove......COMVITA well established in asia also??
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    so who is the new talent?
    That's quite a funny question in the context of your comments. Here's the nomination information. Search for the word Comvita. And here's a 2005 article from his time at Comvita. Also, note the similarity between the news of Comvita at that time, and what Blis is up to.

The other candidate is a woman, which I think is a useful addition for a consumer-oriented company. She seems to have a lower profile on the net, but the CV looks good. And this article seems to be the same person and show a certain level of drive, I think! I'm pretty sure I've got the right person as the CV matches the nomination form.

They look good additions to the Board to me. Colin Dawson has stood down after many years at Blis, for which work I am grateful. This Board has earned it's keep in years that would have discouraged many others. I think many underestimate just how much work it is to launch this sort of company. Just look at all the startups of the time - ATM has made a profit and the others are still toiling hard to do so as far as I'm aware, but all looking like they should get there in the end. But a long road. Blis has done very well to arrive at this point.

Advanced Member

ODT on the "upbeat" AGM. http://www.odt.co.nz/news/business/3...e-shareholders

"expected ... Blis would be ''near breakeven'' for the current financial year." If that is confirmed by the November results (4 months from now) then might we expect a market update in February/March (7 or 8 months from now, and as has been released for several years now) reporting a second half operating profit, and predicting a full year profit for the period to follow? Ah, that is indeed the question! If only we knew.
    Last edited by simla; 26-07-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    All very rosy from where I'm sitting. Views?
    Dunno about being very rosy, but certainly showing some progress both internally and from partners on getting new products to market.

...Emearg. Are you going to admit to any optimism?
    My optimism has been increasing, but Blis still needs to deliver financially. I'm more interested in seeing revenue growth in the short term versus profit, but becoming profitable is obviously incredibly important. Revenue growth will mean consumers are buying into the K12/M18 story. Without that Blis is buggered no matter how good their products or potential are.

Advanced Member

Okay. You want to see actual figures. I'm optimistic we will see some figures soonish.We're not that far apart. Your caution has been justified before, I'm hoping it won't be this time!

November update only about 16 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Had a quick chat with the guy on stand,
    he said there had been some interest and had sold some product.
    What products were they promoting? (ie Throat Guard etc, or K12 powder as an additive? Dr Milk? Infant powder?)

Advanced Member

Good question, Nigel. Here's their facebook post on it, with photo. https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnol...levant_count=1
    If you click on download, you can see more clearly the Travel Guard, Throat Guard, Fresh Breath Kit, and the Toddlers powder, and the new M18 NZ product maybe called Dental Care, and also what looks like Dr Milk. But also the new product "Nekta Dental Protec", and the 2 other Nekta products - but saying "Supermarket Launch Soon!"
    Last edited by simla; 04-08-2014 at 10:25 PM.

AWOL

Found amongst googled images for Dr Milk. Seems there are quite a number of brands by that name. Could get confusing, especially in asia as a lot seem to emanate from there.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 05-08-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Good question, Nigel. Here's their facebook post on it, with photo. https://www.facebook.com/BLISTechnol...levant_count=1
    If you click on download, you can see more clearly the Travel Guard, Throat Guard, Fresh Breath Kit, and the Toddlers powder, and the new M18 NZ product maybe called Dental Care, and also what looks like Dr Milk. But also the new product "Nekta Dental Protec", and the 2 other Nekta products - but saying "Supermarket Launch Soon!"
    Looks like they are doing an okay job with their tiny marketing budget. Good exposure for minimal spend

One thought that occurs to me is that a lot of punters would be put off seeing the sign Blis Technologies. Technologies? Not very consumer friendly really is it...perhaps the public branding should change to Blis Probiotics. And perhaps a company name change at some point? Any thoughts? I'm happy to contact Blis if others agree it might be time to present a more consumer focused name to the masses.

Advanced Member

That's lateral thinking, Emearg. Well done!

Reservations? (a) I'm sure the company has more than enough to do at present (and spend money on). Consider how many people wondered if Telecom were nuts changing their name. (b) I'm not sure that it matters what the company is called if it succeeds, since companies use trade names. Unilever? Procter & Gamble? Between them they must make about half the stuff in the supermarket: Sunsilk. Tresemme.. Dove. Gilette. Pampers. Choysa. Lipton. Marmite. Streets ice cream. Etc, (c) I'm still looking for Blis to expand beyond K12 and M18, so will that be the best long term name? We don't know what their plans are after they gain decent revenue on existing products, but I'm guessing this is the beginning of the journey, not the end.

So maybe longer term, but probably now would be way too disruptive and expensive. By all means suggest it to them as a longer term move though.

Yeah, as branding short term? Still feels a bit disruptive to me, but maybe. Certainly there was no need for "Blis Technologies" to be the biggest words on that stand, and "Blis Probiotics" would have attracted more visitors probably.
    Last edited by simla; 06-08-2014 at 11:17 AM.