sharetrader
Page 404 of 764 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Looks like they are doing an okay job with their tiny marketing budget. Good exposure for minimal spend

One thought that occurs to me is that a lot of punters would be put off seeing the sign Blis Technologies. Technologies? Not very consumer friendly really is it...perhaps the public branding should change to Blis Probiotics. And perhaps a company name change at some point? Any thoughts? I'm happy to contact Blis if others agree it might be time to present a more consumer focused name to the masses.
    Don't know about others but now I've read Blis Probiotics it's far more aesthetically pleasing than Blis Tech. I know a thing or two about names as my I've created the best user handle on this site. That's a fact.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False Profit View Post
    Don't know about others but now I've read Blis Probiotics it's far more aesthetically pleasing than Blis Tech. I know a thing or two about names as my I've created the best user handle on this site. That's a fact.

Well what is it, and why don't you use it?

ooh you're just dripping with sarcasm aren't ya? Ok Fungus P is a close second...

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    That's lateral thinking, Emearg. Well done!

Reservations? (a) I'm sure the company has more than enough to do at present (and spend money on). Consider how many people wondered if Telecom were nuts changing their name. (b) I'm not sure that it matters what the company is called if it succeeds, since companies use trade names. Unilever? Procter & Gamble? Between them they must make about half the stuff in the supermarket: Sunsilk. Tresemme.. Dove. Gilette. Pampers. Choysa. Lipton. Marmite. Streets ice cream. Etc, (c) I'm still looking for Blis to expand beyond K12 and M18, so will that be the best long term name? We don't know what their plans are after they gain decent revenue on existing products, but I'm guessing this is the beginning of the journey, not the end.

So maybe longer term, but probably now would be way too disruptive and expensive. By all means suggest it to them as a longer term move though.

Yeah, as branding short term? Still feels a bit disruptive to me, but maybe. Certainly there was no need for "Blis Technologies" to be the biggest words on that stand, and "Blis Probiotics" would have attracted more visitors probably.
    YES I WOULD SUPPORT A NAME CHANGE TO "BLIS PROBIOTICS".....rolls off the tongue quite well too (sorry)
    Have a Gr8day.

Default Personal Experience

While you are discussing the name, I have just returned from an overseas trip with long periods cooped up in a plane with hundreds of others. I used Travel Guard. I did not catch or suffer from the usual infections which abound when travelling. Not a scientific study but I would buy the product again.

Advanced Member

Blis have their RMP for Dairy export. https://nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/254116 "This is a significant achievement for the Company as it allows execution of its plan to increase revenue from nutritional formulations."

But what does the RMP mean? The full year report to March said (p6) "Upon receipt of full export accreditation, finished products will be marketed in Australasia, Asia and [parts of Europe". This would appear to be that, at least? Good, if so.

Is this part of the China deal? We don't know because I don't believe we are aware of whether they intend to send dairy based products to China or not (although it seems likely?) However, the NZ government website seems to make it clear that the RMP is required to export to China, but doesn't make it clear if that is enough or whether there is another layer on top of that. So not clear, to me anyway, whether this impacts on sales to China, or whether they are just sending tablets there.

However, it seems fairly reasonable to conclude this means the company can proceed with new vigour from its factory, and increase revenue. Hopefully this is finally the launch of noticeable volumes of food-based sales, which is surely the point, and which we have awaited for some time, and with some interest.
    Last edited by simla; 20-08-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Advanced Member

Was this the balloon finally going up? Quite possibly.

Does that mean they now have sufficient permissions to meet their projected profit in a bit? Quite possibly. Unfortunately, it is not clear as they didn't say that. Instinct tells me this announcement mattered one way or another. I guess the November update will be needed to make that any clearer unless we hear more in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Was this the balloon finally going up? Quite possibly.

Does that mean they now have sufficient permissions to meet their projected profit in a bit? Quite possibly. Unfortunately, it is not clear as they didn't say that. Instinct tells me this announcement mattered one way or another. I guess the November update will be needed to make that any clearer unless we hear more in the meantime.

Surely excellent news SIMLA and yet further evidence that things are rolling along very nicely (thank-you) for BLIS. This is what I like to see with any company...slow steady growth, none of this boom and bust stuff we often see. The SP (ie demand fo shares) seems to be responding positively also, which is good to see......anybodies guess where we might be in a few years on that count......I'd be happy with something closer to 10c.....but who knows? Right now Im a happy shareholder and I do like the steady flow of positive announcements trickling through. Well done directors and keep up the good work.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Surely excellent news SIMLA and yet further evidence that things are rolling along very nicely (thank-you) for BLIS. This is what I like to see with any company...slow steady growth, none of this boom and bust stuff we often see. The SP (ie demand fo shares) seems to be responding positively also, which is good to see......anybodies guess where we might be in a few years on that count......I'd be happy with something closer to 10c.....but who knows? Right now Im a happy shareholder and I do like the steady flow of positive announcements trickling through. Well done directors and keep up the good work.
    Totally agree , .BLIS has potentially some very exciting growth trajectory ahead, especially as probiotics major role with the boundaries of antibiotic therapy imminent

The share price rise this time around has an hint of maturity to it, don't you think?

Previous ones have been highly speculative, short bursts that all too quickly fizzled out. We are now seeing an upward momentum that could well endure.

Blis - you have finally arrived. We know that you've been willing for a decade or more to get thus far, but only now also able to take those of us patient and kind enough to still be holding (after many, many years of loyal devotion) onward and upward into a brighter future...to where no pro-biotic has gone before.

How's that name change and re-branding coming alone?
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.