sharetrader
Page 41 of 764 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    The fact you people are celebrating when you find a BLIS advertisement is unbelievable. No one when talking about a major company says something to the effect of 'I have discovered an add in such an such a magazine from company XYZ'. Whoopdedoo. An advert shouldn't be a reason to invest. The lack of advertising should be a reason not to invest. Did they spend the $65,000 marketing budget on that add?
    I don't recall celebrating? I just said the more people selling the products the better.

NZ retail sales isn't the future of this company, but every sale(should) helps.

Pharmabroker cover NZ retail product marketing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Way back on page 7 of this forum - back in 2007! Investors such as Impatient were putting pressure on management and board. Not many agreed. 2 years later and we are in an even worse position. Surely the management and board have to take some responsibility for the absolute destruction of shareholder value over the past 2 years.
    Worse position? Really?? Feel free to expand on that comment.

Management and the board are 100% responsible for everything done.

I think the last two years have been the best ever. They are miles ahead of where they were back in early 2007. They have achieved much of what was stated in those rights documents. FYI I am a fairly new shareholder but I have been following the company since 2003. Only recently have I seen what I have been looking for, and bought in.

Don't forget these things take much time and resource, so I'm not expecting them to grow their revenue from not much to millions in only a few months or years. Personally, I would like to see next years revenue over the 2 million mark. If they are making the progress I think they are that should be achievable. If they don't achieve that goal, I will be rethinking my holding...

Cheers

I got a letter today reminding me about the rights offer...

Have any of you sent in your cheque/paperwork yet?

If you have, have you taken up your full quota? Have you oversubscribed?

Have any of you decided not to take up your rights?

Advanced Member

Sent off two weeks ago already. I had a good stab at it, but didn't go all out given the current state of the world. Fairly heavy selling this week suggests some just plain need cash currently - while others still have cash ready to buy with - so anybody's guess what the outcome will be.

Interesting BLT sent out a letter. They may think the RI may be poorly subscribed ...which given yesterday's SP may be right.

The RI has locked the SP at 4cps max until this phase is passed ...but the queue of sellers ...and some sizable pref rights sellers too, indicates a group of holders will not take up their rights.

For myself, as an realistic optimist, I took my full 12,000 rights and topped up with another 5,000.

I think the benefits outweigh the risk at 4cps ...but I also note that if BLT pays a dividend in two years then the ordinaries may be a better position to be in. The prefs are okay for the stormy days we are in as there is a possible ROI and they're a fraction safer than ordinary shares ...and they're tradable if the price rises.

This RI looks another important milestone for BLT. I hope the underwriter sticks around a while longer ...but I voted for Barry with my cheque!

It is interesting times when there is so much capital raising going on at the moment in the market.

Today I am sitting down to work out how many pref shares I can afford to buy (it will be more than my entitlement).

I expect the underwriters will pick up a lot though as it is a high risk investment.

I note the letter says the directors will be taking up their entitlement. It is good to know it isn't just the underwriters that have faith in the future of Blis.

Anywho, I have mailed my document/cheque and I have taken up my full entitlement and have asked for some more. I suspect I will get them given everything going on right now. I hope so anyways...

I guess everyone noticed the top of p34 of the Rights Document where it mentions possibly 6 new K12 products in the USA market in the 2009 financial year ...and a hint of K12 as a food additive being one of them. I assume that's in addition to those already there.

I am suprised that no one has brought up the potenital for "Travel Guard" with the swine flu scare. Travel Guard was designed to help fight against catching bugs on planes.

So the time is right to market this product.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    I am suprised that no one has brought up the potenital for "Travel Guard" with the swine flu scare. Travel Guard was designed to help fight against catching bugs on planes.

So the time is right to market this product.
    I just sent Barry an email. Here it the guts of it:

Is Swine Flu an opportunity to take advantage of peoples concerns about air travel and market your Travel Guard product more actively? A few bill boards around airports, or a widely circulated email chain could be rather effective.

If people are willing to wear dust masks thinking that will keep them safe I would think they will leap on the chance to use Travel Guard.

Advanced Member

Can't agree with that. You're assuming a good outcome after taking Blis, but this is a potentially fatal disease. Very bad publicity seems the more likely outcome. Stick to the knitting seems a far more sensible strategy. Blis has concentrated on provable results, and now is not the time to throw caution to the wind with an unknown outcome when a winning strategy is already currently in hand.