sharetrader
Page 422 of 764 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 7632

Blis have bought two products to market so far...K12 and M18. They have another product up their sleeves which has been mentioned a few times over the years. It is Q24 or Micrococcus Luteus. Until Blis has more resources available to it little progress will be made in bringing it to market but it is worth remembering it exists and pondering its potential. Several patents exist which give good insight into its potential. This one is well worth a read, and is largely very readable to the non scientists among us:
    http://patents.justia.com/patent/8283136

Advanced Member

You better keep up the searches, Emearg, The company may be so totally hacked off at getting pinged by the FMA for finally agreeing to a press interview that they may hunker down and never again willingly announce anything except where legally required!! It was a pretty extraordinary reaction from the FMA, if you ask me. You could hardly accuse Blis of over-doing publicity!

Happily they will release their revenue in a few weeks regardless, and at this stage of the game that is exactly what we are most interested in. Very hard to judge what we will hear. I'm still optimistic though.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    (e) Essentially my argument sounds suspiciously like "this time it's different", which is dubious. However, in defence of that, this is the first time we are following Keynes big time. Money has been printed under QE, but is there actually a reversal mechanism to "unissue" it, or are we stuck with it permanently now?

[and therefore will PEs be high for a long time yet, until total global profits grow to absorb the total extra capital chasing those profits?]
    Seems there IS a mechanism to withdraw it. P=MV, where P = GDP and M = Money supply and V = Velocity of money. ie. GDP = Money * Velocity. Apparently the velocity of money is going down quite a bit faster than the central banks are printing it, and has been ever since 2007. Is that why the money has all ended up parked in financial assets perhaps?

Ah well, hopefully Blis' revenues will go up faster than the velocity of money is going down!
    Last edited by simla; 23-10-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    You better keep up the searches, Emearg, The company may be so totally hacked off at getting pinged by the FMA for finally agreeing to a press interview that they may hunker down and never again willingly announce anything except where legally required!! It was a pretty extraordinary reaction from the FMA, if you ask me. You could hardly accuse Blis of over-doing publicity!

Happily they will release their revenue in a few weeks regardless, and at this stage of the game that is exactly what we are most interested in. Very hard to judge what we will hear. I'm still optimistic though.
    I'm sure I will continue to search once in a while when the mood takes me.

Hopefully Barry will learn from his mistake. Boasting to a reporter before announcing such a significant update (stocking 570 more pharmacies is very significant to a little outfit like Blis) to the market is clearly poor judgement. I see no reason to shut down communications, just to think a little more before sharing interesting facts.

The results will be interesting. How are we going to react if sales don't increase significantly and yet again we got told sales haven't increased because of x or y? The market will react very badly as it clearly pricing in improved financial results!

Advanced Member

Gee, you can be a hard task-master, Emearg! More likely just providing some support for the press coverage of a business partner who seemed to be the main point of that story.

But actually, we have no idea whether Blis even did anything wrong. There was the NBR headline Regulators investigating possible Blis trading breach on Aug 27, but otherwise we have heard nothing, have we? Further, Blis did make an NZX announcement that was posted just a few minutes after the markets opened next day, but nobody has ever said that was because Blis submitted it too late. (And there is irony in only hearing in the newspapers that an investigation is being made into whether Blis should announce things ... in the newspapers.) My guess is we won't ever hear any more of the incident.

Doesn't mean Blis wouldn't be hacked off at the headline, though.

Also, Blis must be very busy now. It was straight after that that they announced the extra management support. I sure hope they are very busy, anyway.

Yes, the possibility of bad news is an interesting one. But I think it would have to be quite bad for the market to get too upset. The upward trajectory would remain in place unless they announced some quite unexpectedly bad news, I'd have thought.
    Last edited by simla; 23-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.

......is that you Simla about to buy another 1million at 2.6c?? (nice little vote of confidence from someone) Well done whoever that is?
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

There does seem to be ongoing interest in BLT these days, doesn't there. Nice to see.

I just wish they wouldn't stuff up my orders....
    I don't buy much from them but often get the wrong product or quantity. They always sort it out quickly, so not a problem, but costs them in repeat postage/courier charges and doesn't present the most professional image.
    As a shareholder I see room for improvement in a pretty basic part of the business-dispatch.

You are right Grimy ,my order took two weeks to arrive .Cripes it took only five days for an order to arrive from seattle.The sour receptionist suggested i pay the extra $2 for courier instead of normal post whose fault it was not there,s . I have said before that they are talented scientists but customer service, not much talent there.

........let them know guys , they need feedback good and bad. Maybe they're just sooooooo damned busy at the moment????? ( expect so, hope so)
    Have a Gr8day.