sharetrader
Page 430 of 766 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 7657
    Advanced Member

GR8DAY, many of us may have already guessed you are a convert

.....haha SIMLA! A convert indeed and my faith has just been strengthened. I think we can celebrate the future with confidence now as it is apparent that our products are being accepted and more importantly purchased on a growing international platform. This makes me pretty damn excited to be honest........and that feeling has been a longtime coming. Congratulations directors and employees I say!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Banned

What's the accrued losses over the time BLT has been operating? Last time I calculated (a while ago) I think it was up near $40M. Considering they have yet to turn a single profit over any stretch of time how long are you all expecting for these losses to be made back?

I see BGR is going to turn yet another record profit. Perhaps they could buy out BLT, diversify and offer the product line for a 30-60% discount

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    What's the accrued losses over the time BLT has been operating? Last time I calculated (a while ago) I think it was up near $40M. Considering they have yet to turn a single profit over any stretch of time how long are you all expecting for these losses to be made back?

I see BGR is going to turn yet another record profit. Perhaps they could buy out BLT, diversify and offer the product line for a 30-60% discount
    I'm pretty sure it is in the thirties Moosie.

How much has PEB lost since it's incorporation? How long does Xero take to lose thirty million? I'm pretty sure investors in those company are looking at the future rather than just focusing on the past losses.

Personally I have been waiting to see improved revenues. That happened. I want that to continue. I have no expectation of profit for quite some time to come. Revenue growth is what is needed here! Unless the business model changes significantly(like it did with the ice cream venture which required more capital than Blis had) profits will eventually follow.

Banned

So you're bagging Xero and PEB yet willing to engage in the "revenue growth, no profits" scheme? I'd rather buy a company with no/little track record on that basis than an absolutely abyssmal one littered with carcasses and destruction thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    So you're bagging Xero and PEB yet willing to engage in the "revenue growth, no profits" scheme? I'd rather buy a company with no/little track record on that basis than an absolutely abyssmal one littered with carcasses and destruction thanks!
    The point is they have both lost plenty and people are still looking to the future and not focusing on how much they have lost to date.

And my post made it clear I expect profits will come...

I note that Blis now have a Food Technologist on staff. I don't recall mention of this before?

Food is the future for Blis. I've been saying it for years and have been waiting very patiently for the revenues to start flowing. I'm still waiting patiently...

Well it was only a couple of days ago when this stock went under 2 cents...now up to 2.4 cents...just show's you how much support Bliss now has...
    cks

AWOL

And now we are back where we were. Cant be all that bad after all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    And now we are back where we were. Cant be all that bad after all.
    Yeah, it's interesting, Minerbarejet. I've read the last report yet again, and it's still impossible to say exactly what the news said, in my opinion.

On the one hand, they were definitely painting a picture of a company with a promising future.

But then again, there was that phrase "the company does not now expect to move to profitable operation in the immediate future." (p3) Most noticable about that phrase, of course, is the lack of the "because ..." clause.

I have relatives who never see the need for "because", so I'm pretty practiced at trying to guess it for myself. But reading through the report doesn't offer a whole lot of choices. The following were the only words I thought that might qualify.

• "Longer lead times for product launches by key customers" (p3)
    • "Revenue from ingredient, consumer products and part finished goods are all higher than for the corresponding period last year. However due to the delay in gaining RMP status for the nutritional formulation plant and longer lead times for planned product launches by key customers there were only minimal sales achieved for nutritional formulations in the first six months." (p3)
    • "There is a pipeline of product launch plans from customers in the Asia and China markets from which we expect to achieve significant sales growth over the next six 6 – 18 months." (p4)
    • "to test-market consumer products with BLIS oral probiotics in 600 pharmacies. The results of the test-market and the three (3) clinical trials being carried out by Sinopharm will be important determinants when considering product launch plans. Sinopharm has nationwide distribution in China." (p4)
    • "and more recently BLIS management travelled to meet with Sinopharm and other key customers in China. Sinopharm has now commenced test-marketing of BLIS products across 600 pharmacies and will carry out three (3) clinical trials for BLIS products." (p5)

The difficulty with BLT is that they never tell us anything about any current projects. All that the last report basically said, for example, is that they increased ingredient sales and have a plant available for nutritional formulations. I didn't see any detail that would let me forecast likely outcomes of any projects myself, but maybe others saw it differently. I find this lack of detail incredibly frustrating and I would imagine most shareholders are the same. While I can understand that some customers do not want their plans revealed, it makes it incredibly difficult to invest in BLT. The current news is a case in point as we (or I) cannot guess at all what the "because ..." clause relates to. Did a major client just cancel? Did several clients delay? Was it just the factory permissions? Was it just a misunderstanding about how fast rollout in China was going to be? Was it something else? Did they perhaps mean, "ingredient sales are going well and will ultimately lead to profit anyway, but rapid movement to profit relies on launch of nutritional formulations as well, the timing of which relies on the actions of a number of clients which are beyond our control, and during this time we must maintain extra expenditure in support of this future market." ? I don't know.

So, when you say "can't be all that bad", all I can say is, probably not. Who knows! I remain optimistic however, as I'm not hearing any actual warnings in that news, combined with plenty of upbeat words.

Anyway, that's just my view. No doubt others see it differently.