sharetrader
Page 471 of 764 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 7632
    Advanced Member

And they would appear to still be hopeful of the China situation, despite ongoing delays. "During the year the company continued to provide technical support in anticipation of sales in the near future." And, "There is no doubt that when these issues are resolved the opportunity for sales into China is appealing." However, it really has been a long battle to get in that door, so no knowing what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    A remarkable statement in there is that, after all these years, NZ sales still increased by 26% last year.
    .....indeed SIMLA, 26% local growth would be the envy of most sectors BUT 100% growth over most other countries/continents is exceptional in that it is showing a global acceptance of the product and its benefits. This is a very very good report in my opinion (reading between the lines) and I have a renewed confidence in what lies ahead.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....indeed SIMLA, 26% local growth would be the envy of most sectors BUT 100% growth over most other countries/continents is exceptional in that it is showing a global acceptance of the product and its benefits. This is a very very good report in my opinion (reading between the lines) and I have a renewed confidence in what lies ahead.
    While sales are growing from low bases sales appear to be moving in the right direction in all markets so I'm hoping that the $8m forecast for FY17 is a conservative one. I'm pretty optimistic that we will be surprised on the high side at this time next year.

I'm sure China is the key to exponential growth and while, as Simla says, it's been a long battle to get in the door, hopefully it will open later this FY and BLT should then be on a roll.

Today's report confirms that all is well currently - the half-year report in November will reveal how much progress is being made towards the profitability goal for the year.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Advanced Member

So comparing that to my list of last week:

Growth: No news other than expected $8m+ this year, expected profit, no size mentioned. Hint of need for more production facilities. Hopes that China is getting closer. Otherwise we are none the wiser? Progress in any particular market? Don't know.

Permanence: Expected profit this year. Positive cash flow from operations last quarter. All good if we hear the same in 6 and 12 months time?

Complexity: More talk of the product pipeline, but absolutely no detail. What will GRAS lead to? Don't know. Q24? Pets? Don't know. Other? Don't know.

Surprises: No good or bad surprises? Almost no mention of the future really.

Tone: Upbeat is good. Confident, addressing to a particular plan, but no detail.

In total they told us what they had to tell us, but we have little idea of what developments to expect in future? I'm not surprised the share market did not jump with excitement as we do not know a lot. The only mention of the future really was the $8m+ revenue for this year. So it was a positive report, but we are not waiting for anything because we know of very little that we might be waiting for. Back to sleep time in the share market would be my guess.

It would be nice to hear what the company hopes for in it's future one day, in all honesty.

Advanced Member

Well, one thing changed! "Blis profit ends 16 years of losses" Blis appeared on the front page of the Herald website!
    Last edited by simla; 23-05-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Well, one thing changed! "Blis profit ends 16 years of losses" Blis appeared on the front page of the Herald website!
    Hope The Herald has got it right ....check this time next year eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

They dont seem to say they are going to make a profit in F17

The word 'surplus' seems to relate to cash flows -

Mr Watson points to year-on-year revenues continuing to grow and the company recording an operating cash surplus for the final quarter of the year.

“We expect to report a net surplus for the year to 31 March 2017,” he said.

Advanced Member

The annual report says the company expects to "record a net profit after tax" for 2017. p3.

Guru

The Herald draws you in with the headline, once clicked on, the linked story is headed "Blis targets maiden profit, ending 16 years of losses". Is that an example of NZ Herald using a headline as clickbait to keep you reading. To make an eye catching headline the truth is warped?

The annual report says the company expects to "record a net profit after tax" for 2017. p3.
    Thanks

i only read the press release (which was all over the place)