sharetrader
Page 477 of 764 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Well, as I read that, the road map is to consolidate to be strong enough to sustain the growth, and then to see how much faster they can go? Well, that's pretty useful information. Pretty sensible plan too. For myself, that gave me the framework I have been trying to figure out to understand what to expect next.
    Last edited by simla; 16-06-2016 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Yes! A shareholder update. Fantastic! https://www.nzx.com/companies/BLT/announcements/284158

More communication is always better. And that was something close to a road map maybe? Ask and ye shall receive?

"it is important to stop every now and then and acknowledge that positive things are happening and that the hard work is delivering results". That's heartening.

"I trust that you will find this update informative and useful ". Yes, from me at least. Thank you very much indeed. That really made my day.

If BLT intend to keep upping the communication, and using words like upbeat, then I think this share is going to be a very interesting one to follow from here on in.

Wow. Great.
    Yes - good work from the Chairman and new CEO - may there be more of it.

Mr Market likes the news too - up 9% right now.

I'm sure it's onwards and upwards from here.

Not much new as far as I can see. May have to wait until the AGM for any new details re. new products and markets. The overall message here seems to be one of a company that, having established a niche brand, is now looking at improving its marketing, distribution and sales to accelerate growth.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Monkey View Post
    Not much new as far as I can see.
    Possibly so. But, for me, that contained the all important "you are here" marker. I've really been trying to understand that for a while now.

Read the update announcement and cannot help but notice the tone and diction somehow resemble the style on how simla would voice out his opinion on this thread Simla, you're still a shareholder and not employed yet by BLT, right?

Advanced Member

Don't worry, my friend. I am 100% kosher. I seem to get asked that every few years.

However, I would not agree that that is my style. In fact, that is not a style I particularly recognise from previous BLT announcements either, so it would appear to be a deliberate new style of communication? I am starting to wonder if the mere fact of more open and upbeat communication will itself transform this share maybe? All very interesting anyway.

Advanced Member

I'd have to say that that really scratched my itch. I finally understand why they are doing what they are doing presently, and I have found that pretty confusing for nearly a year now.

The lack of detail on market plans, and the unexpected expenditure, is now explained by the present concentration on internal strengthening in preparation for strong growth to (hopefully) follow. I simply had not picked up on that explanation before.

I am very grateful for that update.

Advanced Member

Peace finally descends on the House of Simla once more!

"Optimistic" is definitely back on the table. I may even have to jettison that eventually for something more ... upbeat?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I'd have to say that that really scratched my itch. I finally understand why they are doing what they are doing presently.
    I agree, I greatly appreciate the info update and the moves being made (quality/logistics/packaging etc.) IMHO Much depends on the new CEO, and so far he is measuring up.

Happy to remain a longterm holder of this stock.

.........yes all-in-all a more than satisfactory maiden announcement by our Mr. Watson (I presume). Excellent. Finally a solid plan to take us forward......just as expected from a new CEO. New blood to build on the solid foundation of hard research and marketing already in place. Wow! cant wait to see even better results from here on in. This really has some legs and potential now........who knows where to from here. Yes SIMLA i think you are perfectly entitiled to start using "UPBEAT" now in your commentaries.
    Have a Gr8day.