sharetrader
Page 481 of 764 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 7632
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blissfool View Post
    Should we be concerned?
    After all these years, the question remains the same! Well, I suppose the share price would be somewhat better if we knew the future.

As I've explained over my last few posts, I personally think the balance of probability is on the upside - but that's just my personal view. Yes, we know less about what is going on (or so I think, and you seem to be saying) but on the other hand the company is willing to make public statements that things are looking good. So the change is part bad, part good. As well, the explanation of the current plan does seem consistent with what we are seeing, to my eye anyway. Obviously it will also take a couple of years at least for we shareholders to develop a feeling for how the new CEO uses adjectives compared to the events that follow. Everybody has their own communication style, and we need time to get used to a new one perhaps. It is obviously a very different style of communication than we have had from BLT before, which is a complication for us in our considerations at this stage.

We'll know the answer to your question later, and not before, alas. It remains complicated for shareholders to make a call on the future. For myself, I have decided that the willingness of the company to be publicly positive is probably worth giving weight to. They don't have to say that stuff, after all. Blis watching remains interesting though. No boring certainty for us!

Just my two cents' worth. Others will no doubt disagree. I'm not sure the AGM will provide too many new answers unless they are willing to forecast forwards a bit, since we really want to know the bottom line in a couple of years, which simply cannot be known now. We might perhaps assume that the last update implied no new bad news that they should have mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    After all these years, the question remains the same! Well, I suppose the share price would be somewhat better if we knew the future.

As I've explained over my last few posts, I personally think the balance of probability is on the upside - but that's just my personal view. Yes, we know less about what is going on (or so I think, and you seem to be saying) but on the other hand the company is willing to make public statements that things are looking good. So the change is part bad, part good. As well, the explanation of the current plan does seem consistent with what we are seeing, to my eye anyway. Obviously it will also take a couple of years at least for we shareholders to develop a feeling for how the new CEO uses adjectives compared to the events that follow. Everybody has their own communication style, and we need time to get used to a new one perhaps. It is obviously a very different style of communication than we have had from BLT before, which is a complication for us in our considerations at this stage.

We'll know the answer to your question later, and not before, alas. It remains complicated for shareholders to make a call on the future. For myself, I have decided that the willingness of the company to be publicly positive is probably worth giving weight to. They don't have to say that stuff, after all. Blis watching remains interesting though. No boring certainty for us!

Just my two cents' worth. Others will no doubt disagree. I'm not sure the AGM will provide too many new answers unless they are willing to forecast forwards a bit, since we really want to know the bottom line in a couple of years, which simply cannot be known now. We might perhaps assume that the last update implied no new bad news that they should have mentioned?
    I think the picture is pretty clear with BLT.

There is nothing wrong with their science (GRAS approval and all that) or any of their products (they are selling them already and have told us this year they will make a maiden profit).

As I mentioned in an earlier post the transformation of BLT from a "science" company to a "marketing" company is underway. That is going to be the key to their success and we have a new CEO who understands that side of the business.

I'm completely confident of a hugely positive outcome for BLT over the next 2-3 years but the key questions in my mind are:
    a) do they have sufficient funds for branding/marketing to grow key markets?
    b) how much longer will it take to get approvals for China?

So far, there is no indication that they will be tapping shareholders for more funds so hopefully the cash flow and profitability will support their growth strategies. China has been in the wind for quite some time so maybe we might get some positive news this year - that will be the catalyst for a major shift upwards for the company and the SP.

I've been a shareholder and supporter since 2005 and have topped up during the lows so my average cost is 1.8c. Like blissfool I have plenty of skin in the BLT game too, so naturally I'm positively biased about the prospects. However, I think the evidence supports that position and there are blissful days ahead for patient shareholders.

Just a quick question - did anyone else receive the recent announcements by post today? I checked with Linked and can see I'm set up for online communication only. Just thought I'd try and save some trees (not to mention company resources!) since I'd already received and read this information via email.

Advanced Member

Not me, anyway.

Advanced Member

I've just realised that long term shareholders have now achieved one of our two aims.

We've stood by the company through many long tough years until the company is now a viable long term entity, a valuable asset for NZ and for the world. I say that based on the profit prediction and the already positive cash flow for operations in the last quarter.

Well done, chaps. Pat ourselves firmly on the back. Yes, the company has done a mountain of work, but you still need tough shareholders for tough times. We were there.

Now we await our second objective, to profit from it. However, those of us long term holders who stood by the company in its darkest hour, when it had to issue shares for a mere 0.7 cents, are obviously already showing a comfortable profit from that decision.

Three cheers for Blis's long term supporters.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post

Now we await our second objective, to profit from it. However, those of us long term holders who stood by the company in its darkest hour, when it had to issue shares for a mere 0.7 cents, are obviously already showing a comfortable profit from that decision.

Three cheers for Blis's long term supporters.
    Thanks Simla, maybe I'm not as long term as you, however, as my BLT holding cost an average of 2c, on current prices I'm already up 60%. Nicely positioned. Consider this a great long term hold and watching carefully. Interested to hear how others are faring.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 23-06-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thanks Simla, maybe I'm not as long term as you, however, as my BLT holding cost an average of 2c, on current prices I'm already up 60%. Nicely positioned. Consider this a great long term hold and watching carefully. Interested to hear how others are faring.
    Finally looped into the story and became a shareholder only late last year. Paper appreciation on what I'm holding is already a good 13%. As before, TY Guys for your long term faith on it but I'm still putting on myself a 3 year wait on this one for a final verdict. May it come sooner or clearer for all of us

......well welcome aboard RG367, you newbie you! (not quite) ....Makes me feel like an OLDIE, but really only a medium term holder of 4-5yrs at a guess. Not sure what my average buy in price would be now as I continue to accumulate. Did a little trading along the way but not any longer.......TRUE BELIEVER NOW! The outlook really just gets better and better for BLIS .......as I read it anyway. I hope that this will be one of those shares that in say 5yrs time they might be (should be) trading in the 20-30c range, people will be saying "you paid what? for those shares" or my wife will be saying "I told you to buy millions at 2.5 or 3.5c".........(little does deary know Ive been listening this time and doing just that)........buying millions!! ( oh please God let me be right} Very happy holder anyway and looking forward to that profit announcement directors .......and the party that follows!
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......well welcome aboard RG367, you newbie you! (not quite) ....Makes me feel like an OLDIE, but really only a medium term holder of 4-5yrs at a guess. Not sure what my average buy in price would be now as I continue to accumulate. Did a little trading along the way but not any longer.......TRUE BELIEVER NOW! The outlook really just gets better and better for BLIS .......as I read it anyway. I hope that this will be one of those shares that in say 5yrs time they might be (should be) trading in the 20-30c range, people will be saying "you paid what? for those shares" or my wife will be saying "I told you to buy millions at 2.5 or 3.5c".........(little does deary know Ive been listening this time and doing just that)........buying millions!! ( oh please God let me be right} Very happy holder anyway and looking forward to that profit announcement directors .......and the party that follows!
    Id take that, you can do a lot worse buying other stocks, may buy some more come divvy season

Advanced Member

It really is a curious situation. Logic says things are really looking up. But 15 years of history says, be very cautious. It is ridiculously difficult to just take things at face value at this point.