sharetrader
Page 50 of 764 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast

People can subscribe to a daily email from Life Extension. They are pretty interesting.

Today's email covered the Advanced Oral Hygiene product that contains K12.

Here it is FYI:

Promote Optimal Oral Health with Probiotics-With Advanced Oral Hygiene from Life Extension

Business Wire

07-28-09

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Jul 28, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Based on extensive research, Life Extension introduces Advanced Oral Hygiene, an oral health lozenge that contains the probiotics S. salivarius and B. coagulans, two strains of beneficial bacteria to help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Similar to the mechanisms involved with probiotics which target the gut, these probiotics populate the mouth cavity with beneficial bacteria which provide protection against harmful bacteria that are implicated in the accumulation of dental film.

An Advanced Oral Hygiene lozenge popped in the mouth once or twice daily after brushing goes to work immediately, ramping up production of bacterial-inhibiting compounds and restoring a healthy oral balance.

Scientists have found that S. salivarius and B. coagulans may also help boost immune system response. A recent study shows that oral ingestion of S. salivarius helps inhibit the production of inflammatory cytokines throughout the body. In vitro studies show that B. coagulans enhances white blood cells' surveillance for bacterial invaders, boosts immune response to a simulated bacterial attack, and enhances the activity of another type of immune cell called natural killer cells.

Advanced Oral Hygiene from Life Extension may also be an important answer for those with bad breath! A clinical study shows that 85% of subjects with halitosis who received S. salivarius experienced a substantial improvement with lower bacterial counts as compared to 30% in the placebo group.

Advanced Member

Life Extension is an alluring site, isn't it. They obviously have heaps of research for the science, but do we know if people who have followed their advice for some time are achieving measurable results? Fascinating, either way. And does it matter what age you are when you start!

In any case, they seem to know how to sell stuff. The article on Blis was easily readable yet convincing, and that email is the same. And sending out the email a month later as a sort of reinforcement is probably more effective than sending it out the same time as the article. I quite liked the "once or twice daily". Skilled writing.

Too, I just noticed that it was a press release which can be found over the internet now, including Yahoo news fleetingly.
    Last edited by simla; 30-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.

The sp at 4.9 cps seems rather depressed considering all the information our thread 'spies' are uncovering. I wonder if it will bounce to 12-15 cps which is where perhaps it should be. Tomorrow and the following fortnight should show us what the informed buyers think.

I suspect there are some large holders waiting to off-load though. That Southern Hire group for example. If they do then that'll restrain any upside I expect.
    Last edited by Oman; 31-07-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Advanced Member

Hardly spies, Oman, just searching the internet for publicly available information! However, nice to hear someone saying that the share price doesn't make much sense at this level. We'll hear later today whether the price should be up right now. Only two months since the last update, so great cash news seems a bit much to hope for, but market news could be interesting.

Advanced Member

Anyone who hasn't read the releases on the Blis web site should do so. It doesn't get much better than that. As well as lots of terrific market news, it even says "Have periods of positive cash flow - yet to break-even each month". Well, we know what the large issue was for - there was a lot in the wind.

Thumbs up

Spy comment was with the nicest regards to your very helpful research Simla.

The press release couldn't really be much better. Barry and the BLT team are doing a great job in my opinion. Just a tiny SP movement to 5 cps but it'll take a week or two for the $ potential of the BLT strategy to hit the radar of the big players.

Advanced Member

You might get your 12 to 15 cents soon after all, Oman. That was much quicker progress than we have been daring to expect.

Guru

Thumbs up

I agree Simla. It would be nice to see it build above the 10 cps over a 2-3 week period and be sustainable.

The CEO address was spectacularly good news and the market growth should be exponential.

Advanced Member

There's a lot of good news in there. One bit that has me wondering is the "positive cashflow" idea. Given that Blis has capitalised a lot of expenses in the past, and presumably will continue to do so, does "positive cashflow" mean they are covering those capitalised expenses as well, which would then look pretty nice on a profit and loss statement, if so? Does that seem logical, or am I reading too much into that?

currently 7.3 cps and the nearest seller at 8.9 cps.
    however, a 50% jump (or whatever it is) on a mere 444k, is not exactly a well-
    established rise. simla, are you buying???
    just don't get too excited...