sharetrader
Page 502 of 764 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 7632

Punters like it

BLT top of the leader board today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Thanks, Balance.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Punters like it

BLT top of the leader board today
    After a v quick read, I like it too! (Happy holder.)

Particularly like predictions of a 1.5 cps Div in 2018 and 3.0 cps in 2019!
    Last edited by Leftfield; 22-08-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Advanced Member

p21 refers to a projection (in the table) of 0.1 cents in 2018 and 0.3 cents in 2019. p22 refers to $1.5m total dividends in 2018 and $3.3m in 2019. But that was just the report's guess, I would have said. Didn't see a 1.5 cent dividend suggestion myself?

I'm not sure we can place too much weight on projected figures given all the uncertainty. The report was upbeat though, to use our new favourite adjective.
    Last edited by simla; 22-08-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    p21 refers to a projection (in the table) of 0.1 cents in 2018 and 0.3 cents in 2019. p22 refers to $1.5m total dividends in 2018 and $3.3m in 2019. But that was just the report's guess, I would have said. Didn't see a 1.5 cent dividend suggestion myself?

I'm not sure we can place too much weight on projected figures given all the uncertainty. The report was upbeat though, to use our new favourite adjective.
    Agree. The figs a purely predictions.

Advanced Member

The report was called "Backing The Good Guys". I think that must be a reference to the probiotics themselves, and was therefore intended to be a brief statement of the purpose of the business?

Advanced Member

The company got this report out pretty quickly. That matches a continuing pattern of activity we're seeing lately. Good to see.

One explanation for this would lie in the increased cash flow making it possible for the company to do more and more quickly, that the days of struggling are largely in the past. That would also imply faster progress in future too.

We've been seeing good news out of the company continuously for about 3 or 4 years now. It's all very encouraging. The big news we want, of course, is what the revenue will be in the next 2 to 5 years, to get an idea of where this journey is finally taking us. Every 6 months will bring us more news there, but a pity we cannot accelerate time. Still, we can enjoy the ongoing good news.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    The report was called "Backing The Good Guys". I think that must be a reference to the probiotics themselves, and was therefore intended to be a brief statement of the purpose of the business?
    I think it is intended to be a "clever" title which ambiguously could be applied to the probiotics themselves or to the inference that the people behind Bliss are "good guys". TBH, It is the type of title I would expect to see for a marketing pamphlet.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Don't like the reference to "Rubicon" in the first bullet point. Bad omen.

Just going out now - to throw a pinch of salt over a black cat's shoulder before I cross my fingers. . .

Advanced Member

On further cogitation of the report:

p8. China: lozenge difficult legally presently so current strategy to maximise food and powder opportunities. Could be good news, as I remain convinced that the food route remains a very valuable one, whereas p13 says functional food not a priority (understandably as the other market is working well) so a chance to maybe advance things out of simple necessity.

p8 China, going for powder. p9. Japan: Blis has seen significant growth in the dental channel. Does this refer to the Brian brand, which is a dental powder instead of toothpaste? Could go down well in China then, maybe? Personally, I have hardly ever used any toothpaste for several years now, instead relying on all those billions of Blis microbes from the lozenges, and my dentist is always really impressed with my teeth.

Overall, the picture painted is one of "can the marketing gain access to the potentially huge markets?", I would have said. This probably paints more clearly why the company is talking marketing all the time, not just to change orientation but because the next barrier is to get into the markets that others already have.

But interesting to ask if others really do already have those markets? Is Blis carving out a new road of its own maybe? Given the CEO's background, I imagine he is really relishing testing that question in reality.

So overall I would maybe read this as: Blis has a great product and has made some great progress, but can it hit the big time? That would be a question we all want to know the answer to! To me, that shows that the writer really did "get" what Blis is and where it is. A solid report.