sharetrader
Page 521 of 764 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 7632

Emearg's point was why is their staging site exposed to the internet and not behind a firewall? It's very unprofessional.

Advanced Member

Maybe, but they are not professional web site developers. Meanwhile it is nice for us to see the sort of thing they are working on.

Hey, we had some unexpected bad news but not let's not start adding in the small stuff. These guys are still coping with a very big ask. I am concerned that revenue expectations have not increased and would appreciate some helpful discussion of that from the company, along with more news generally, but so far we are not seeing evidence of things going backwards, just of a couple of customers trimming their cash investments in holding stock to judge by the latest news. Yes, an actual cloud on the horizon for the first time in a while, but not evidence of a storm approaching. We hope that we will get more useful news by May at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hell's bell. Is this bad news just as things were looking honky dory

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/253259.pdf

They say underlying demand is unaffected - just a timing issue

But hope the new owners don't decide to do a range review ......and throw Blis out
    Am I right in assuming that the $1.3m tax asset is not in any way relevant to the predicted maiden profit?
    Thanks
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Suddenly the trend is 1.4, 2.7, 2.9, 3.8, 2.7. Not so stellar. In fact, if we guessed that the 3.8 half had 1m of stocking up on new products (as perhaps indicated by the latest announcement showing 1.5m order cut backs to reduce stocking levels at 3 companies), then nearly flat for two years possibly?

I remain relatively upbeat since the product is good and the markets are open. But I remain cautious too. There is no doubt that sales revenue in the last 12 months has not grown much. Why?
    Maybe the company is about to issue a final update for the year? And maybe they are about to issue a forward guidance a little later? Will we find out whether positive cash flow was actually achieved for the whole year? Was there in fact a loss for the second half, or did they match expenses to actual income despite the unexpected deferral?

Well, the golden rule of debating is this: If you don't start with the truth as the audience sees it then you will not influence them. They should address the question of whether growth is still growing strongly, or is in fact somewhat stalled.

The crew need to be able to look at the captain and see if he is happy (my pet view of investment for many years now) but all we see presently is the closed door of the captain's office. Is there happiness in there or gloom? We don't know, or I don't anyway. Of course, it would be nice to knock on the cabin door and ask. But publicly listed companies can only make information available by public statement.
    Last edited by simla; 23-03-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Hi Simla
    BLT issued a sales and profit update on April 14 last year. Maybe we might get the same this year especially as they are forecasting their maiden profit. If that happens we have only three weeks to wait.
    Patience Grasshopper.

As an investor and a buyer of Blis based overseas I was disappointed to read this:

Dear subscriber,
    In the past you have subscribed to Blis website and communications through a tool called ‘Sumo’ which has provided us with your email address and permission to contact you.

Blis Technologies is undergoing a significant review of its online activities including a new website and e-commerce operation and these changes will impact on future orders from Blis.

For those of you based in NZ, you will still be able to purchase products from our website.
    We are making changes to the shipping policy in NZ. We will be moving to using NZ Post Track and Trace for all orders. For any order under $80 in value, shipping will cost $5. For all orders over $80, shipping will be complimentary.

International visitors will not have access to purchasing Blis products online when we make this change. We will be building up our international sites again as quickly as possible but it may be some months until these are functional again. We want to ensure that our international visitors can pay in local currency and that shipping is easy and transparent. This means we need to spend time to build specific sites for key international countries.

An exact date is to be determined but we expect the new site will go live during the first 2 weeks of April 2017.
    We will not be running the 2 sites in parallel, so for international buyers in particular, this is the time to stock up before access is suspended. We will of course keep you informed of progress for international sales.

Thank you for your ongoing support of Blis Technologies.

Kind regards
    Team Blis

I can't quite believe that they can't sort out a site in the background and launch both NZ & international capabilities at the same time. I'm not terribly technically minded when it comes to websites but it seems a real shame, from an investment POV, that they are stopping the purchase of their own products and don't even have a time line as to when this will be over. Really disappointed.
    Last edited by Rego55; 28-03-2017 at 04:40 PM.

........is it really that big of a problem REGO? As they advise just stock up a bit till it comes on-line. Like you Im not that tech savvy and would also have thought they could have done a better "alignment" ........but I guess if they saw it as a big issue they would have??
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Inconvenience in the short term. But ability to pay in local currency is superb. Amazon offers that and I love it. Quality move from BLT if so.

I am stocked up and it's not big deal for me. I'm just disappointed that 'it may be some months' before international visitors can buy again. I'm looking at this from the point of view that I'm invested in BLT and they're not selling product during this time. Their international online purchasers may not be a very large pool in which case, fine, but that then begs other questions. I've got 12 months of K12 and 6 months of M18 so not going to be an issue from where I sit.

Advanced Member

Big mistake today from BLT. Email sent out to nearly 500 customers showing all the email addresses. They did recall it but too late. Apology followed, and some red faces I am sure. I don't suppose it will happen again, but not a good look.