sharetrader
Page 539 of 764 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Just a takeover announcement folks and this is not what a gut feel would say, "I'm All IN". Sorry but they should give us something more substantial than this.
    Makes me wonder what chance there is of Maspex taking over BLT?

re "For years, the company’s unchanged strategy has been to build brands that are deeply rooted in consumer consciousness and to accomplish projects of acquisition that may expand and develop its range of brand products. Over the last 25 years the Maspex Wadowice Group has completed 18 such acquisitions, including 10 abroad "

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Makes me wonder what chance there is of Maspex taking over BLT?

re "For years, the company’s unchanged strategy has been to build brands that are deeply rooted in consumer consciousness and to accomplish projects of acquisition that may expand and develop its range of brand products. Over the last 25 years the Maspex Wadowice Group has completed 18 such acquisitions, including 10 abroad "
    unlikely but can't say since BLT share price is so low. If they were to consider acquisition, now would be best. it would all come down to maspex management's view on probiotics market and how attractive blis is.

NZ market is probably bigger than many might think. My guess is that there is about 7-10 million worth of sales on the table here in NZ with a product like this. Their advertising program would put you off the product. It appears like the brief was prepared by an accountant. If Aussie sees the momentum success in NZ it could easily be worth 15-25 million. Blis already have the distribution network in place outside of Australasia. Which is to be applauded. Show these distributors in the other other world markets who Blis already sell through how it is done. Use the same advertising collateral. Tweak for their markets. Show them how to create customer demand with such a brilliant product and effective marketing program. Would appear the board is focusing on the process and not the result. Any revenue less then 10 million is pathetic for a company with this many chiefs of this and that and a board being paid over 150K per annum. I think their main ingredient comes off patent in something like 2 years, so they better get their A into G and start getting a run on sales and build the brand before a competitor comes on board. The whole patented process is sitting there within their patent filing. Some might say the bacteria cultures cannot be duplicated, but I dont buy it. Copycat will be waiting in the background. Simla's comments from earlier are on the mark. Based on progress to date, they might hit sales of 10 million by 2019. With real go and some sales focus leadership, it would hit 30-50 million by 2019/20. Maybe more. Until there is a paradigm shift it will remain another NZX listed entity of the same ole same ole. As for this distribution buyout in Eastern Europe. Wouldnt it be great if a company like Maspex could see just how successful this product is in a market that is a fraction of the size of Europe(IE Australia/NZ). They would then have no problem at throwing big budgets at getting the traction in the European market and afar..... Everybody wins.......They may even pay a premium for the whole thing.

Ok I went back and re-read the annual report so yes maybe they arent softening us up as it was discussed in the annual report about a couple of key customers deferring orders due to change of ownership. I was thinking perhaps it was another! It was interesting to re-read actually as there is quite a lot going on in the pipeline. But they certainly arent bold, prudent is a word they like.

So now I'm sitting here thinking about buying another 100k seeing as some money dropped into my account today fortuitously. I wonder if and when we will ever get to a point where we will see dividends ? What to do, what to do....

The Update is Price Sensitive.
    Does anyone, like me, think the Company believes it is "bad" news?
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Yes. More likely than not. I'm not a shareholder - just a long term observer.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

"We believe that the resources and expertise of a company like Maspex will bepositive for our ongoing success in Poland.”

Sounds pretty positive to me, though I don't think will be reflected in the near time, it provides for a good partner down the track with room to grow product demand.

I don't see it as bad news but do wonder why this was price sensitive. If blis was to release a price sensitive news, it should include something like "new acquisition will increase/decrease sales".

I need to google why maspex acquired saquoia (if i can find it...) , was saquoia near bankcruptcy so maspex purchased dirt cheap or they saw a potential in probiotics market so wanted to jump in? If anyone know please share with forum.

Can I shift please?
    With the benefit of another read and alcohol I think the Notice is positive, hope so
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

All i could find was maspex bought 44% of saquoia in 2015 and bought the remaining share this time?