sharetrader
Page 542 of 764 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 7632
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    well I felt rather flat after this presentation and even flatter watching the share price dip a bit lower.. It's a shame I was overseas as I definitely would have trekked down to Dunedin to have a listen and get a feel for what is happening. INteresting new products coming along, so good to know that..

What happened to those heady days of 6c!!! Come back, all is forgiven.
    Bit of an uplift today...... no doubt heeding your concerns.... well done!!

Simla - so it really is divorce time?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Don't know. But the conviction in my heart is cooling. Perhaps they will announce some great news in a bit and the romance will be back on. But the company is dancing to a very different beat now, and it just isn't the sort of company now that I would have invested in from scratch. I just don't know. I know I'm cooling though. I only invest when I get where the management is going, and personally I don't seem to get where the new management is going. Just my own view, as always.

I went to the AGM. There was quite some debate about raising the directors fees. They said the increase is needed to for succession planning. The Chair will retire not long after the new fees kick in. They are well aware that patents start to expire soon. They believe that there is some protection in process and the brand name. Private investors are spending up big in China trying to try and get sales there, but it is a complex area. Italy is going well, but it is raw ingredient sales. Canada and Aussie should increase soon. Japan is doing ok, but is complex. Websales are tricky as they cant promote health benefits in most places. The USA is a real problem area website wise. German regulation all but blocks them there. The Polish deal could be a company maker (we have heard that before many times, but surely one of them will come right)

They are naturally gun shy on profit projections. Sales are still lumpy, last years "profit" disappeared after a few delayed orders. I am hoping that they are now going to under promise and over deliver. They said that they have no plans to raise further cash, but if the customer from heaven arrives with big orders they would not rule it out.

Advanced Member

Thanks for the posts, Arthur.

Thank you Arthur.

Thanks Arthur - appreciated.
    Fundamentally the news is more of the same as we've had in previous years. A bit of variation on the theme but not really too much different.
    Still a waiting game I'm afraid - but maybe a marginally better chance of success this year. Maybe being the operative word!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    ........................They said that they have no plans to raise further cash, but if the customer from heaven arrives with big orders they would not rule it out.
    Thanks Arthur.
    To others, how big would that order of a customer from heaven be for them to raise additional cash? And what for? Will they need additional staff or more manpower? Improve the lab for ingredients? I'm not getting the reasoning for the need of cash just because a big order comes along so maybe you guys can explain it to me a bit. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    well I felt rather flat after this presentation and even flatter watching the share price dip a bit lower.. It's a shame I was overseas as I definitely would have trekked down to Dunedin to have a listen and get a feel for what is happening. INteresting new products coming along, so good to know that..

What happened to those heady days of 6c!!! Come back, all is forgiven.
    I was keen to go but my last AGM, including a trip down the mine with other shareholders, was north of Blackball.
    I try and convince myself that the new CEO would not have taken extra people, and expense, on if he did not think the Company had good prospects.
    All going well 6c may not be that faraway
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.