sharetrader
Page 552 of 764 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 7632

looks like most of the long serving stalwarts have jumped ship

Hope there is another lot of new disciples coming on board to keep the thread going

closing in on million posts ...that's pretty good
    Last edited by winner69; 29-10-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

In my case, as I've said before, I just don't understand what plan the new management are following. I dare say there is one, but I just don't seem to be able to hear it. No point in investing in something you don't understand. As you say it is the old timers who are going. Presumably fresh eyes will see things from a new angle that we old timers are not seeing? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    In my case, as I've said before, I just don't understand what plan the new management are following. I dare say there is one, but I just don't seem to be able to hear it. No point in investing in something you don't understand. As you say it is the old timers who are going. Presumably fresh eyes will see things from a new angle that we old timers are not seeing? Time will tell.
    Maybe new eyes will see things from a new angle ....but the greater fool theory also comes to mind

Advanced Member

I seem to recall someone with a name like yours confidently telling us that they would never exceed 500k in sales. Well, that wasn't how it played out.

Just because you and I don't understand where they think they are going does not mean they aren't going anywhere. From my point of view, I thought the latest news was confirmation that they were not going where I thought they should be going, but the release sounded unconcerned so maybe they have other ideas. I'm happy to leave them to it, but that does not mean I'm making the right choice.

Sadly, this is what growing older is all about - the next lot having other ideas and the old ideas becoming inappropriate in the new context. After all, everyone wrote off Labour a while ago but now everyone seems to be celebrating a new young government going places that we were not going before. Times change. Ideas change. Wrong becomes right. Right becomes wrong.

It's a weird world.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    I seem to recall someone with a name like yours confidently telling us that they would never exceed 500k in sales. Well, that wasn't how it played out.

Just because you and I don't understand where they think they are going does not mean they aren't going anywhere. From my point of view, I thought the latest news was confirmation that they were not going where I thought they should be going, but the release sounded unconcerned so maybe they have other ideas. I'm happy to leave them to it, but that does not mean I'm making the right choice.

Sadly, this is what growing older is all about - the next lot having other ideas and the old ideas becoming inappropriate in the new context. After all, everyone wrote off Labour a while ago but now everyone seems to be celebrating a new young government going places that we were not going before. Times change. Ideas change. Wrong becomes right. Right becomes wrong.

It's a weird world.
    May have done but that corner dairy has expanded into more of a minimart and probably still turning over more than Blis

.."nd of course inflation

Advanced Member

We all know you're a smart cookie, Winner. No worries. Just saying there's no knowing what the future actually holds.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

closing in on million posts ...that's pretty good
    The company and those who believed in the 'it is just around the corner' cannot say that there has been lack of interest in this company!

As of Friday, a sad indictment however on how much time has been wasted seemingly on a company which few seem to really understand?
    Last edited by Balance; 29-10-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Didnt this board just get a pay rise. I'm feeling annoyed. Earlier this year they had issues with 2 key customers buying patterns impacting on sales for the last FY and said everything was looking rosey for this year. Now they have issues again with key customers overbuying and not reordering... I think they need to stop patting themselves on the back when they get a big order and make sure they are getting sustainable orders.

I still believe in the product but as a shareholder I'm not really feeling the love at the moment.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As of Friday, a sad indictment however on how much time has been wasted seemingly on a company which few seem to really understand?
    Investment returns are indeed a reasonable consideration.

But let's not forget that money is not actually the whole world.

PEB is there to stop people dying painful and lingering deaths, and their technology is indeed in the field.

BLT is there to keep mouths healthy. I have hardly used toothpaste for years now, just Blis tablets every few days, and my dentist raves about the health of my mouth. Further, the trials showed that Blis is very good at rheumatic fever, a nasty and expensive disease too.

I have no idea if these two companies will reap the profits, but I am certain that their technologies are now in the field for a long time. That is excellent news for human beings. And remember that a health problem is about the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US, and both of these products reduce that cost.

I will retain always a pride in being a small part of ensuring that oral probiotics are now a permanent part of humanity's arsenal, and the Blis ones in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Has anyone noticed how Blis fork out 20% of revenues to the top 7 staff members and the board?

Pocketing such a huge portion of sales leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth ( a would be buyer of BLT )

... NPAT would be boosted quite dramatically FY18 by a slight cut back and performance incentives.
    So 30%+ of revenues are being paid directly to 7 people.

No one has answered my question as to why shareholders aren't constantly raising grief about this...

I asked for justification and am yet to receive an answer a month on, not even acknowledgment of the email.

I was >< this close to buying into BLT last month but was really baffled by the exec pay...

Shareholders, please raise some hell.