sharetrader
Page 61 of 764 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

K12 is now widely available on the net:

- In the US, you can buy Animal Parade Inner Ear, Life Extension Advanced Oral Hygiene, and Solaray Oral Flora on amazon.com, shopping,yahoo.com, and shopping.google.com .

- In the US, all of those products are also available on an extensive list of other largish websites.

- In NZ, there are quite a few online pharmacies, and they all seem to stock Blis.

- In Japan, Epoca is now for sale on at least three retail websites: http://www.takachanmarket.com/produc...oduct_id=17302, www.touch-express.net/epoca/, and www.netsea.jp/catalog/29767

- In Taiwan, the Fresh Breath kit is on at least two sites mentioned previously.

- Blis also seems to be on many ebay sites around the world.

- Blis is also available on several asian-language sites that seem to be hosted from NZ, but which ship to Asia.

Only the financial results will tell us how much is being sold. Does anyone understand how Nature's Plus, LEF and Solaray are promoting their products though - what will make complete strangers walk up and want to buy the stuff? Does this type of market just rely on word-of-mouth, or what? LEF sent out their monthly email which mentioned it once, of course.
    Last edited by simla; 02-09-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Nature's Pus - nice!
    Down 28.6% today - oops!

Advanced Member

Sorry, Cannibal. I edited that out at the same time as you posted.

Yes, how did 10,000 shares get sold at 5 cents when there are bids for 200,000 shares at 7 cents right now?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post

Only the financial results will tell us how much is being sold. Does anyone understand how Nature's Plus, LEF and Solaray are promoting their products though - what will make complete strangers walk up and want to buy the stuff? Does this type of market just rely on word-of-mouth, or what? LEF sent out their monthly email which mentioned it once, of course.

I have just heard a radio Ad. for Blis. I'm not sure whether it's a new ad. or not, but I've never been conscious of it before.

Advanced Member

Hey, that's big news. What radio station, as some will be able to tune in - it will probably be on several times today on that station, seems to be how radio ads work. And what was it like?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Hey, that's big news. What radio station, as some will be able to tune in - it will probably be on several times today on that station, seems to be how radio ads work. And what was it like?

'Twas on ZB Newstalk, so I presume it was nationwide, although some of their adverts. are regional. (I'm in Dunedin) It named an Auckland distributor - pharma something or other that I have never heard of before. Ad. was aimed at dry throats.
    I heard it sometime between 11 and midday, so if you can be bothered you'll no doubt find it on their replay radio section which you access from their website.
    Here's the link to their 'Week on demand'.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/weekonde...u=2&menuitem=3

If I get a chance this arvo I'll listen through and post the exact section.

I've heard the ad several times over the last week or so. It has been playing on Classic Hits. I live in Whangarei.
    I thought that the ad was professional and to the point.

DISCL: Hold BLT

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by funguspudding View Post
    'Twas on ZB Newstalk, so I presume it was nationwide, although some of their adverts. are regional. (I'm in Dunedin) It named an Auckland distributor - pharma something or other that I have never heard of before. Ad. was aimed at dry throats.
    I heard it sometime between 11 and midday, so if you can be bothered you'll no doubt find it on their replay radio section which you access from their website.
    Here's the link to their 'Week on demand'.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/weekonde...u=2&menuitem=3

If I get a chance this arvo I'll listen through and post the exact section.

This is the advertiser - Pharmabroker.
    http://www.pharmabroker.com.au/

Advanced Member

Thanks for the link, Funguspudding. The ad can be heard in this file http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/thisweek...alk-zb-akl.asf at 00:53 (ie. 53 seconds in.)

It lasts 30 seconds, does indeed sound professional and to the point, and pretty inviting too. Phrases from it: "Throat lozenges or gargles not giving you enough soothing benefits for dry throats?" "New natural oral probiotic Blis daily throat lozenges." "For optimal throat health." "Soothe your throat." "Blis natural daily lozenges taste great and can be taken by all the family."

The ad was placed by Pharmabroker, who are the NZ distributor appointed by Blis. When that deal was announced in April 2007, Blis said, "Pharmabroker is a privately held Auckland based company that represents a number of well known local and international brands in New Zealand including Colgate Oral Care, Grans Remedy, Eye-q, Zyrtec, Buccaline and No Jet Lag. Pharmabroker provides New Zealand coverage of retail pharmacy, Health food and medical channels." After that, Blis also started looking at its product range and packaging which slowed down the NZ relaunch presumably.

I wonder how many stations it is running on? Newstalk has a big audience anyway, and so do Classic Hits I would think. And it is in time for this financial half-year, too.

First thoughts are it is an excellent advertisement. Enough to get you interested in the product but not too technical to put people off. It seems a little late in the season to be starting a campaign but better late than never I suppose.

Big drop today. I wish I had been the buyer at 5 cents!

Back up to 9 cents tomorrow?

Any predictions on first half revenue? I reckon we can pretty safely say that Ireland won't contribute anything. Hopefully Aussi has improved but perhaps not significantly? NZ sales will be interesting. I bought another months worth yesterday but I doubt it will make a significant difference to the 1st half results :-)

Thank goodness for the good old USA...