sharetrader
Page 631 of 764 FirstFirst ... 131531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 7632

....bin going on for ages. Clear market manipulation taking place with BLT and should be looked into IMHO. Bots at work or pumpers and dumpers?

I think you guys are getting a little paranoid. It is just small investors like me, buying small amounts every now and then. Sellers are probably selling because they want the cash for “bargains” right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ....bin going on for ages. Clear market manipulation taking place with BLT and should be looked into IMHO. Bots at work or pumpers and dumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I think you guys are getting a little paranoid. It is just small investors like me, buying small amounts every now and then. Sellers are probably selling because they want the cash for “bargains” right now.
    Really? Why would anyone buy 9, 27, 52, or 74 shares at a time. Seems highly unlikely to me that anyone would be making an investment of 61 cents or $1.84 etc.

Cant get my head around how that works when brokerage is involved.

I don’t know why people think institutions aren’t running algorithms on this to pick parcels up ..?

I can’t speak for others, and no, I don’t/wouldn’t put in orders that small, but there are a lot of newbies to investing, buying through Sharesies for example, who might. It could be people putting in (say) $10 a week (even to a kid’s account), and spreading their auto order between several companies. Yes, I know that would not be an ideal scenario, but when people are learning, it’s not unfeasible that this could be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Really? Why would anyone buy 9, 27, 52, or 74 shares at a time. Seems highly unlikely to me that anyone would be making an investment of 61 cents or $1.84 etc.

Cant get my head around how that works when brokerage is involved.

Guru

I can’t speak for others, and no, I don’t/wouldn’t put in orders that small, but there are a lot of newbies to investing, buying through Sharesies for example, who might. It could be people putting in (say) $10 a week (even to a kid’s account), and spreading their auto order between several companies. Yes, I know that would not be an ideal scenario, but when people are learning, it’s not unfeasible that this could be happening.
    Why buy $10 worth of any share when you also have to pay $29 - $40 brokerage ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Why buy $10 worth of any share when you also have to pay $29 - $40 brokerage ?
    With sharesies the brokerage on that would be around 1.5cents

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by TobyPascoe92 View Post
    Think you will get that today ..
    A day later we got there, just hit 7c mark..

Exactly. Which is why small investors like me, are now able to invest - something we couldn’t economically do before.

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    With sharesies the brokerage on that would be around 1.5cents

Exactly. Which is why small investors like me, are now able to invest - something we couldn’t economically do before.
    Same here. Just placed a $150 order, (not on BLT), brokerage was $0.75