sharetrader
Page 646 of 764 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 7632
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I've jumped in at 7.7. Too soon? Dunno, but buggered if I was going to buy @ 9.
    it must be just about time to back up another truck here too ..

Just saw an ad for daily defense at 6.40pm on channel 3 - mentioning bubbles and covid related terms. Is this new advertising or been going on for a while? Must be fairly recent given the wording, good to see some marketing during prime time slots

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Just saw an ad for daily defense at 6.40pm on channel 3 - mentioning bubbles and covid related terms. Is this new advertising or been going on for a while? Must be fairly recent given the wording, good to see some marketing during prime time slots
    Must be new because they recently just added it to their youtube channel 3 hours ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0RoidtfAA

Wonder if it's safe to assume they are getting their supply issues behind the scenes sorted, if they are ramping up marketing. Or maybe that's a driver of demand if people go to the website to buy the product and its sold out- makes it seem more desirable? I'm not a marketing person at all, just some musings. Disc I am a holder

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Wonder if it's safe to assume they are getting their supply issues behind the scenes sorted, if they are ramping up marketing. Or maybe that's a driver of demand if people go to the website to buy the product and its sold out- makes it seem more desirable? I'm not a marketing person at all, just some musings. Disc I am a holder
    Now available on Direct Pharmacy so no shortage of stock in N Z
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SausageDog View Post
    Blis’ biggest problem is their ingredient supply chain, they have soaked up there reserve raw material in this extra sales demand. Fonterra manufacture their probiotic K12 raw ingredients and can only deliver contracted supply and have no capacity to increase the raw material supply to BLIS. This will cause a raw material supply shortage going forward as indicated in their release on Thursday. Basically they can’t sell more than the have, and they have no capacity for increasing production of the pure K12 ingredients. Increasing sales to $20m next year is unlikely unless they find additional raw material supply. It not that easy to ramp up, and who else can wholesale manufacturing probiotics especially in NZ.

I believed Blis is overvalued at present as they haven’t proven their reliability or their business continuity. Perfect storm in demand leading to shortages in the future months.

Tread carefully here, great business in principal , don’t get burnt by the hype, this is a business still run by scientist and not businessmen and has growing pains to come.

Their products absolutely do work , I have seen proof time and time again and the science backs it up. I do believe in Blis but to many shares on issue and they are constrained by their ability to rapidly grow .

Disclosure: I am an amateur on here and this is just my very small opinion.

Big question mark around this post for me. How much of the above is opinion/speculation and how much of it is based on actual first-hand knowledge? You are making assertions that Joe Public can't make with information that is in the public domain.

How do you know the supply issue is around the freeze dried bacteria manufactured by Fonterra? Several components are involved in the manufacturing process and Blis haven't elaborated on this point. Or is this speculation?

How do you know Fonterra has no additional capacity? Or is this speculation?

How do you know Blis has used up their reserves? Or is this speculation?

When you say Blis is 'still run by scientist' who are you referring to? Not the CEO presumably...he has a marketing background (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-wa...alSubdomain=nz)

Blis are already supplied more product than contracted.
    How do you possibly know so much about the contractual details between these two parties? Or is this speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Mentioned a few months ago as in development - Q24, lives on the skin - BLT recently advertised for a Q24 brand manager.
    A few months ago? Well you are right...in the 2006 annual report they mentioned it was in development I remember reading up about it back then and finding it all rather interesting and exciting. 14 years later...the fact that they are(or at least were pre-Covid) ready to take it to market is fantastic news. The wheels at Blis spin slowly, but the rate of rotation has been increasing steadily over the past few years and I imagine will continue to do so.

Emearg., I am trying to be transparent here, time will prove me right. I have hands on direct knowledge of this situation But due to contractual privacy and I.P. Can’t disclose the closer details.

I do believe in these products, however feel the company is overhyped at the moment and am sharing that opinion.

I find that Blis isn’t open with its supply line to shareholders and is not transparent. They are very exposed to non supply. From what I understand they can not grow exponentially, not an ATM but they can grow.

I have little faith in scientists running businesses. This company needs to grow up a little, that’s all.

If you are bound by contractual privacy, maybe you would be better to sit on your hands and say nothing here.

Emearg., I am trying to be transparent here, time will prove me right. I have hands on direct knowledge of this situation But due to contractual privacy and I.P. Can’t disclose the closer details.

I do believe in these products, however feel the company is overhyped at the moment and am sharing that opinion.

I find that Blis isn’t open with its supply line to shareholders and is not transparent. They are very exposed to non supply. From what I understand they can not grow exponentially, not an ATM but they can grow.

I have little faith in scientists running businesses. This company needs to grow up a little, that’s all.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    If you are bound by contractual privacy, maybe you would be better to sit on your hands and say nothing here.
    No..... not IMHO.

I welcome SausageDog's opinion.

BLT is still in infancy and management needs to prove itself a lot more astute before I get too excited.

(Disc - holder.)