sharetrader
Page 652 of 764 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,520 of 7632

After more than a decade as substantial shareholder and purchaser of product this holder is forced to sell; at least a big part of my holding. Suffered a big hit, down 40%, in my only other major investments (non market) so now far too many eggs in the Blis basket. Added to that family needing support (two unemployed) and uncertain times for someone supplementing NSuper with regular drawdowns of capital.
    At least Blis value has been recognised recently but question is..... should I wait until next Report?
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

One personal observation on the past is that even though BLT has given ""upgraded guidance"in the past. The actual price did not really move until the formal quarterly or annual report, it is really strange but has encouraged me to buy on positive guidance news in the past.

Just as common, the price goes up but then drops back down within weeks of the good news.

So my plan is to sell down a day after the annual report, as BLT has become too large a % of my portfolio. I am assuming who ever purchase the 15M shares pushing the price up to 9.5 cents last month could be back for more.

Although each to their own exit strategy and Murphy's law is always following me

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    At least Blis value has been recognised recently but question is..... should I wait until next Report?
    Lend me your crystal ball for a bit and I'll let you know.

If that isn't possible I would suggest predicting where the share price will be with Blis is incredibly difficult. It frequently rises and falls for no particular reason and has done so for the 15 years I have been following it. The share price frequently over reacts to positive news and then drifts back. Most punters don't realise that most announcements are made months or years before revenue follows. An example is when M18 was approved in Australia a few years back. The share price surged. Is M18 being sold in Aussi yet?

The only good thing about all this was it taught me a few things about young biotechs and prevented me from investing in PEB in 2012 when they were predicting very large(100 million from memory) revenues within 5(?) years. These things take time, a lot of time and may not ever actually happen. If there is a point to this comment it is only that I will probably be a wise investor by the time I am 247

After more than a decade as substantial shareholder and purchaser of product this holder is forced to sell; at least a big part of my holding. Suffered a big hit, down 40%, in my only other major investments (non market) so now far too many eggs in the Blis basket. Added to that family needing support (two unemployed) and uncertain times for someone supplementing NSuper with regular drawdowns of capital.

Very sorry you have to sell BLT at this time, just as things at last appear to be heading (hopefully consistently) in the right direction for the company. However, if you've been following the SP over the decade you've been a holder, you will know the regular pattern. There's an upward jolt on good news as enthusiasts leap in, then a gradual drift backwards over subsequent days/weeks as the euphoria fades.

The annual report is due at the end of this month so, if you're expecting good news, that may help you decide the timing of your sell decision. But, if you're expecting the report to advise problems with ongoing ingredient supply, overseas distribution issues and /or other challenges, then that may inform your actions too.

I've been a holder since 2005 and BLT has climbed up to 21% of my portfolio ( I usually limit any one share to 15%) but like my other stars, ATM and XRO, I can't bring myself to sell any of them.

DISC: Hold heaps of BLT and this is DEFINITELY NOT ADVICE.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your circumstances.

I suggest you dollar cost average your sell down and sell a number of chunks to a timetable.

Predicting the market price reaction/price/lunacy in advance is a pointless task.
    om mani peme hum

Oliver stirred up a bit of interest

Over 400 trades already today

Onwards and upwards for share price hopefully
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day. Will be interesting to see how Blis holds up if the main crash or even just a small-medium dip is now happening, especially with reporting only 20ish days away.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyPascoe92 View Post
    I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day.
    Agreed. Some realism starting to set in I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyPascoe92 View Post
    I believe that we are seeing the flattening and turning of the stock market again slowly over the last 5 days, there is negative economy stories beginning to come out now about the retail & property sector, more every day. Will be interesting to see how Blis holds up if the main crash or even just a small-medium dip is now happening, especially with reporting only 20ish days away.
    Completely Agree and i think people are flocking to the safe havens that didn't do a big dive after March 24th BLT being one of them

Do we have a date for FY results yet?