sharetrader
Page 661 of 764 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.
    Similar market cap It’s all about people’s expectations. Who knows what the correct valuation of a speculative share is?

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Similar market cap It’s all about people’s expectations. Who knows what the correct valuation of a speculative share is?
    Agree.I guess it depends upon perspective and expectations.nout stranger than folk!

PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.
    That's not how is works. PLX has 139,938,658 shares issued. BLT has 1,107,653,565 issued. The PLX shares are a much larger slice of the pie.

Advanced Member

Today's newsletter has a discount for a couple of products. Worth subscribing to the infrequent newsletter.

"Take advantage of our PREPARENOW discount code, giving you a 20% discount off our DailyDefence with BLIS K12 (*30 packs only) and DailyDefence Junior with BLIS K12. Both products are available in Strawberry/Vanilla Flavour."

PLX expects to make a net profit of 2 to 4 ml and trading at 88c.Im expecting BLT to come in between 2 to 3ml ebita.Both are on the international stage....go figure.Huge disconnect even if we consolidate our shares.😀
    I don’t think you can really compare the two companies completely different industry with one selling a product to established customers and the other relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product (in the majority of cases minus those using it for halitosis which I’d argue are a reliable customer base)

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    "Take advantage of our PREPARENOW discount code, giving you a 20% discount off our DailyDefence with BLIS K12 (*30 packs only) and DailyDefence Junior with BLIS K12. Both products are available in Strawberry/Vanilla Flavour."
    Limit of 30 discounted packets per customer? Giving away 4,000 packets to chemist staff. Neither of these actions make me think Blis management are concerned about running out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I don’t think you can really compare the two companies completely different industry with one selling a product to established customers and the other relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product (in the majority of cases minus those using it for halitosis which I’d argue are a reliable customer base)
    I think "random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product" is a rather sweeping statement - even with your qualifier.

I've been a BLT shareholder since 2005 but only two years ago starting using Blis Toothguard to help with a gum disease issue.

My periodontist was amazed at the rapid and remarkable change in my condition after only three months use and there has been no reversion to my previous problem during any of my subsequent quarterly check-ups. There is nothing random or unnecessary about my Blis purchases. Discretionary? Of course, but if the product works I'm definitely going to continue.

It seems from the upgrade announcements that there are plenty more people purchasing Blis products. The buyers might be random people and they may be making discretionary purchases - but let's hope they keep thinking it's necessary!

Looking forward to the annual report and FY21 guidance to be issued in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I think "random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product" is a rather sweeping statement - even with your qualifier.

I've been a BLT shareholder since 2005 but only two years ago starting using Blis Toothguard to help with a gum disease issue.

My periodontist was amazed at the rapid and remarkable change in my condition after only three months use and there has been no reversion to my previous problem during any of my subsequent quarterly check-ups. There is nothing random or unnecessary about my Blis purchases. Discretionary? Of course, but if the product works I'm definitely going to continue.

It seems from the upgrade announcements that there are plenty more people purchasing Blis products. The buyers might be random people and they may be making discretionary purchases - but let's hope they keep thinking it's necessary!

Looking forward to the annual report and FY21 guidance to be issued in a couple of weeks.
    Like you’ve outlined I think the product has shown it has great uses and is no doubt efficacious for certain applications . However the recent push by Blis for overall “immune strengthening” is a gimmick but it’s making sales so who cares I guess

I mean I think the same about vitamins too but hey there’s companies out there with a billion market cap people have made great gains from which sell multi vitamins

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    ...relying on random people buying an unnecessary discretionary product
    Pretty subjective what is necessary and what isn't though don't you think? People who think it stops them getting sick or having bad teeth will consider it necessary and possibly not discretionary. Personally I started taking K12 in 2006 because I was getting sick a lot. IT contractor so it was costing me big bucks those sick days. Since 2006 I have had one day off, and that was because I got the flu. Was it K12 keeping me at work? Let's not bother arguing that point. But from my point of view being at work an extra hour or two pays for a years supply so I don't consider it discretionary. Well, no more than buying toothpaste or paying for house insurance.

As far as valuing companies that sell unnecessary discretionary products you might be describing many of the companies listed on the NZX? Restaurant Brands? Sky TV? Much of what F & A Appliances offer?

Looks like many are selling for profit. Back down to 0.87 and looking like 0.86 tomorrow. Will be an interesting week next week that’s for sure.