sharetrader
Page 682 of 764 FirstFirst ... 182582632672678679680681682683684685686692732 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Nev
    Might not have to wait?
    Fingers x pat.Would be good to get a bit of a lift before the meeting.Only 6 trading days left.

maybe get Brian to be interviewed on the Sharesies webinar??

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Fingers x pat.Would be good to get a bit of a lift before the meeting.Only 6 trading days left.
    TA looking encouraging.......

I don’t understand why Blis has gone down the road of supplying ingredients to companies that are competitors in the retail market. Yes, I get that they seem to be making good money from ingredients sales, but surely that is negatively effecting sales of their own product? Will the day come where they simply give up on Blis products/retailing and concentrate solely on providing ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I don’t understand why Blis has gone down the road of supplying ingredients to companies that are competitors in the retail market. Yes, I get that they seem to be making good money from ingredients sales, but surely that is negatively effecting sales of their own product? Will the day come where they simply give up on Blis products/retailing and concentrate solely on providing ingredients?
    Good question jk!The way i see it is its a good way of getting the Blis brand out to consumers as by the laws of the patent they have to state Blis by name and eventually those consumers will gravitate toward products made by Blis itself.In the mean time they are making good coin from supplying ingredients.Hope that makes some sense.(free promotion of Blis on numerous products and they're making revenue from it)

I found this interesting in light of new products been developed by Blis
    Probiotic cosmetics skin cream
    With mounting evidence demonstrating the gut’s impact on inflammation, immunity and even mental health, its microbiome has received increased levels of interest over the past few years. But what about the microbiome of our largest organ – the skin?

What are probiotic cosmetics?
    “Probiotic cosmetics” are topical applications most frequently associated with skin hydration, anti ageing, acne, spots and redness (rosacea). Lumina Intelligence has identified three key health areas for probiotic skin care across 25 countries. These are:

Acne (23 products)
    Eczema (34 products)
    General skin health (343 products)

Why are they important?
    Probiotic cosmetics could provide relief for skin conditions affecting a hefty chunk of the human population worldwide.

Occurrence rates of skin ailments like eczema (atopic dermatitis) and certain allergies are increasing in both the developed and developing worlds due to multiple factors from genetics to changing diets, hygiene habits and environmental factors. For example, 20% of infants and children contract eczema in many countries and it is estimated by groups like the British Skin Foundation that 3 out of 5 people will suffer from a skin disease at some point in their life.

Interest in, and understanding of, the skin microbiome is rising fast and leading to concepts such as the skin gut axis, where research is finding links between nutritional inputs such as probiotics and prebiotics and the gut and skin microbiomes. Research activity has reached the point where there are now congresses about this niche topic.

These factors underpin a rapidly evolving niche that is moving into the mainstream.

Skin Microbiome: Market size and growth
    Lumina Intelligence’s data collected in January 2020 from 25 countries found 352 products from 186 global brand owners targeted at the skin microbiome – comprising 254 topical and 107 ingestible products.

In terms of specific health benefits:

23 of these products pertained to acne
    34 of these products pertained to eczema
    343 of these products pertained to skin health generally

The probiotic cosmetics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 12% during 2020 – 2030 (Fact.MR). This is unsurprising, given the niche nature of this market and the increasing level of interest from consumers and businesses alike, which we will explore more thoroughly in the next chapter.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Disagree completely.

There is little doubt that Blis has a checked history and been going a long time to get where they are today - turning over <$11m. After almost 19 years, I regard this as pretty poor.

From the outside, one of their large failings is sales, marketing and branding - and to date (it appears to me) they have failed to execute. Could say after many years finally starting to get some limited brand awareness, in NZ at least and some sales growth, even in ingredients - to allow for some funding to reinvest in marketing/brand.

Selling the ingredient would have to be profitable, and allow them to grow awareness of their probiotic strains. They have patents (presumably) and are the only place in town to get them. They should be able to control who they sell to and what channels products go into - for example are their any other K12 or M18 products sold in NZ not Blis branded?

This could be focusing on channels that are low-priority or more difficult for Blis themselves to access, or with product formats that Blis can't replicate, or to markets that have regulatory requirements Blis themselves can't meet with finished/branded products.

Would expect (hope) that they have been strategic and their ingredient customers are larger companies who have leverage, existing channels, size, resources, staffing, product breadth and scale to be able to build business/markets for Blis ingredients, and raise some consumer awareness.

IMO better to have a smaller slice of a big pie (where you supply the filling for the rest of the pie) than a big slice of a small pie that is very slow growing.

Talk of pies....must be lunchtime.

Advanced Member

The microbiome is getting a whole lot of attention these days.

Currently reading The Human Superorganism by Rodney Dietert. He appears to be a recognised expert ('appears' because I don't have knowledge to be sure).

Anyway he says that up to 90% of the human body is foreign microbes, up to 1000 species, ie not the human genome. And that humans attempting to remove these looks like a (or the) key cause of a wide range of ailments including allergies, asthma, autism and a lot more.

So I am a Blis fan! And watching with interest for the release of a skin probiotic to add to UltraBlis and ToothGuard. Did I mention I'm a fan? But not a hypochondriac.

My understanding is that some of the Blis patents are due to expire shortly. Tried to research but unable to find the information. Could someone with the knowledge please let us know. Obviously Important.
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.