sharetrader
Page 731 of 764 FirstFirst ... 231631681721727728729730731732733734735741 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 7632

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Without the fancy marketing, this company will continue on its usual sideways trajectory. Time to go hard or go home I say.
    Agreed. Folks have been commenting for a fair few years this company has been run by scientists but now actually need good management and marketing to make it successful. Well now that is what they are doing. Let's hope it works, but I doubt it will happen over night. I don't think now is the right time to abandon the ship, but I know others won't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Comparing against PEB revenue is a pretty low bar. How will be comparison be in 12 months time??

Albeit BLT market cap is more than 12x less than PEB.....

As per Mainland ad.....good things take time. Ay W69.
    Wonder what a block of Mainland looks like / tastes after 20 years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Agreed. Folks have been commenting for a fair few years this company has been run by scientists but now actually need good management and marketing to make it successful. Well now that is what they are doing. Let's hope it works, but I doubt it will happen over night. I don't think now is the right time to abandon the ship, but I know others won't agree.
    Certainly looked like some were abandoning ship this afternoon...

For now I will continue to hold as a single digit percentage of my portfolio but todays announcement doesnt excite me enough to top up on the dip.

Anyone else noticed that 4 or 5 “skin cream” cosmetic Companies now have adds on TV One and one of them, Lancôme, refers to Microbiome, a word I had not heard before Unconditional Skin used it.
    Might they have some concerns?
    The push about the Skin Pledge and “ all skin is beautiful and should get unconditional love” seems a bit of a contradiction, in my eyes, to “ buy our product for the improvement of your skin.” Any thoughts?
    As earlier disclosed I found the product good but worry about this latest message.
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Everything is so quiet with a languishing share price.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Everything is so quiet with a languishing share price.
    That’s what happens with companies that don’t really have a future

One day, maybe, a white Knight will ride into town and put them out their misery
    Last edited by winner69; 05-07-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

One day, maybe, a white Knight will ride into town and put them out their misery
    What about the potential Winner?
    The company has now (2021 financial year) for the second time in a row made a profit and expect to make a profit again in the 2022 financial year. Seems to be hard pleasing you.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

What about the potential Winner?
    The company has now (2021 financial year) for the second time in a row made a profit and expect to make a profit again in the 2022 financial year. Seems to be hard pleasing you.

Ive been holding BLT since 2005 and am on the right side with my substantial holding owing me less than 2c each.

BUT... I'm starting to feel like a Warriors fan - wearing the jersey to every game and cheering the team on but being consistently disappointed with the erratic nature of the results of the games.

Or maybe it's like taking the same Lotto numbers every time and being scared to miss a week in case that's the day the numbers come up.

The ridiculously dumb advertising for the new skincare product has got me riled up and is tempting me to quit. It seems crazy promoting an expensive bottle of stuff to enhance your skin by telling potential consumers "your skin is enough." Its like trying to flog a new BMW by saying "your old bike is OK".

I dont think it works and I suspect the product is not really gaining any traction in thevmarket. It will probably end up melting away like the Blis icecream all those years ago.

So many BLT initiatives have started with great fanfares but have come to zilch with blame sheeted home to hopeless distributors, regulatory issues or some other lame excuse.

Despite al this whinging, Im trekking to Dunedin again in a couple of weeks to attend the AGM. I want to look Brian Watson, Julie Curphey and others in the eyes while they give me five good reasons I should remain a shareholder and tell me when the Blis ship will finally come in.

I'm a patient investor, but after 16 years on the BLT register it is starting to wear a bit thin.

I might buy a Lotto ticket and back the Warriors to win their next game - maybe one (or both) of those might produce a better outcome than BLT appears capable of achieving at the moment.
    Last edited by pierre; 05-07-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    The ridiculously dumb advertising for the new skincare product has got me riled up and is tempting me to quit. It seems crazy promoting an expensive bottle of stuff to enhance your skin by telling potential consumers "your skin is enough." Its like trying to flog a new BMW by saying "your old bike is OK".
    Dunno. Having been observing their approach on Instagram for a couple of months it seems to be resonating pretty well with people. Maybe as male shareholders we're not gonna get it quite as readily as some? Maybe as long suffering shareholders we are inclined to think the worst?

One example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQzB2qVsl2Y/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Maybe only time will tell? I would love you to hit them up at the AGM for some sale data.