sharetrader
Page 80 of 764 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast

I've just had a nosey on Amazon and I see that BioGuard is being offered in packs of two for $69.99. TradecoZone are the sellers.

I have also searched on the four Natures Plus products that I know about and they are all being offered by at least one seller.

It pleases me to see these products being sold as widely as they are, especially through popular portal sites like Amazon.com. A bigger audience will equal bigger sales which of course equals bigger revenues for Blis. They may not be big sellers, but anything is better than nothing which is where things were at twelve months ago...

Advanced Member

Yes, of course it's serious. But, go on, Emearg. Admit it, you're having fun too! One of the things I like about this thread is that most posters accept that we do not know the end to this story. Yes, we all hope it's going to be great, but I can't think of anyone who hasn't sooner or later cheerfully admitted that anything could happen. I don't think there's too much danger of this share becoming boring any time soon.

Advanced Member

Sorry, Emearg, There you are giving us yet more encouraging short term news, and as usual I'm slipping into looking to the future. Last week made me reflect again on just how far Blis has got in it's travels, and I see that there is probably a long journey to come yet. The seemingly successful launch in the US is, after all, just the first concrete result of a strategy announced 3 years ago. The 2006 report told of the plan to develop international alliances, a plan that has been very well followed since. But there have been many more announcements since then, which will very likely come to fruition too. And probably more developments we do not know of yet, too. But it will all take time. I think the story will be a fascinating one as it unfolds, but we are nowhere near the end of that story.

Certainly, though, the current news out of the US is now painting a very consistent picture that people on the supply side are very happy to run with K12. The sales figures will tell us about actual demand. I wonder how clear a picture we will get in a few weeks time, though, given that a lot of this has gained momentum after the half year ended. Clear news would be welcome, as always.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Actually I will be very happy to have the fun taken out of this if that means the share goes over $1. I will then find other ways to have fun :-)
    Hey, does that make me the most optimistic person here again? $1 "only" requires a profit of $16m for 238m shares at a PE of 15, doesn't it? $16m from a market of 2 billion people, say, is only $32,000 profit from a country the size of NZ? Corrections to the mathematics welcome as always.

It all takes time though, and as noted, who knows if that will ever happen. And as noted, nothing boring about the Blis share. Well done for thinking of looking elsewhere for Bioguard.

I think by the time Blis makes a $16m profit there will be 313m shares i.e. the preference shares will have been converted.

If we are going to speculate (or should that be fantasise as you find it such fun? ;-) ) about these things we should try to keep it a little real.

I don't know if you are the most optimistic person here. Quite possibly...

Have you bought more Blis shares recently? Is your optimism translating into investigating more cash?

Advanced Member

Sorry, how do you get 313m? Aren't there $3m prefs and $1m option, times 25 = 100m shares on conversion, plus 138m existing = 238m? Not sure they will have converted by then though, as the prefs miss out on three years' dividends.

No, I'm not buying. I accumulated over 2 or 3 years - yes, all that time I was being optimistic, I was acting on it too - so mathematically I can't change things much now. Of course, I'd like to tell you I bought millions of dollars worth in that time, but, alas, I am only a person of ordinary means. So, now I'm just sitting back and ... having fun watching.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Sorry, how do you get 313m? Aren't there $3m prefs and $1m option, times 25 = 100m shares on conversion, plus 138m existing = 238m?
    Sorry, I started with your 238 (thinking you hadn't included the prefs) and then added on 75 million for the preference shares. I didn't include the extra options as they have yet to be taken up, although it seems like a given they will be considering the instant gain (on paper at least).

Right, your figures look good :-)

I have been buying over the past 6 months. Does that make me optimistic? More optimistic than you? Hehe, hard to know without more dialogue which I suspect neither of us would want to have over such an open forum!

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Not sure they will have converted by then though, as the prefs miss out on three years' dividends.
    As I understand it the preference shares are the only type of Blis share sure to receive three years worth of dividends (unless Blis goes under of course)

You are pretty sure there will be enough profit to allow a dividend payment on the ordinary shares!!? Three year worth? They better hurry up on the profit front then...

I find this strange as being profitable isn't Barries priority. He wants to be cash flow positive asap. Correct me if I am wrong (and I probably am NOT being an accountant and all), the two things aren't the same and one isn't always linked with the other?

Advanced Member

Where could dividends come from? Costco's many many millions of customers. Nature's Plus etc being for sale in hundreds of shops seemingly, and all over the net. US consumption growing anyway. Canada coming on tap. M18 being snapped up and rolled out. The launch of "food" products, like chocolate milk and yoghurt. Japan's 130m population. South Korea and Taiwan being near. China opening sometime, probably not too far distant. Nestle coming on tap. Europe opening. Possibly opening in other parts of SE Asia. Is India in the mix? And there is at least one more probiotic in the wings apparently.

It's quite a list.

I do understand the idea that costs will eat up the profits. But if there is no profit after opening in that lot, is there ever going to be any profit? So, I would reverse the question: why do you expect there will not be at least 1.2 cents per share profit in the next 3 years? (The prefs seem to me to get 0.4 cents pa a share equivalent = 10 cents per pref/25 shares equiv.)
    Last edited by simla; 27-10-2009 at 05:22 PM.

Advanced Member

In Taiwan (pop 23m), this company does not make it's business especially clearly, but appears to sell food ingredients and supplement ingredients. They list Blis K12. As a food ingredient? Or for supplement manufacturers maybe? There is very little about Blis on the site, suggesting it is still a work in progress perhaps? Does this mean K12 has gained some sort of regulatory approval there?

http://www.nutrisense.com.tw/eng/products_1.php?gid=9
    http://www.nutrisense.com.tw/eng/service.php

Yes but most of those are still on the 'to do' list. Doing them will cost money (and probably more time than we expect) which will take time to be paid back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being down on Blis's prospects but I just don't think there is going to be much in the way of profits for the next year or two. Maybe in year three? Anywho, that is the reason I have been buying preference shares rather than ordinaries. At least I WILL get a dividend or even better, payment in shares at excellent terms should the cash not be available for payments.

In five years time I think Blis will be making nice profits, and anybody who bought in at the low prices that have been available for the last few years will be very happy. For those who bought in at the original float price they might still be waiting to get back to break even levels.

Only time will tell...

Have you found any new products lately? It has been a few weeks since the last one so surely there must be another? :-)