sharetrader
Page 95 of 764 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    So where are the mathematicians? How much will the turnover have to reach to earn sufficient profit to pay a 1 cent dividend per share? IOW to make the shares worth somewhere near their current price.
    Who knows how much turnover they will need really but what I can say is:

There are 138,846,586 ordinaries out there.

So, to have EPS of 1 cent they need a profit of $1,388,466

If they were to distribute 100% of the profit that would be your 1 cent per dividend share.

The share price for Blis has always been based on potential and not on revenue or profit.

Back in 2001 (give or take a year or so) when it was near $1 it was based on potential. Five years ago it was around 20 to 25 cents and it was based on potential. Earlier this year it was at 3.5 cents and it was based on potential. The markets evaluation of Blis's potential has reduced hugely over the years! I think the market as a whole gave up on Blis years ago.

It will take a lot of success for Blis to be valued again as a growth company with a share price to match.

It seems to me that the company is turning itself around, and has made dramatic progress over the past 12 months but still has a long way to go before the market starts to value it as a growth share and starts to get excited. Having said that, it is way ahead of its recent lows so notice of progress has been taken.

But if/when it gains favour I think the market will get excited. It certainly did over PlusSMS and Sealegs just to name a couple. It would be very easy for the Blis shares to get caught by hype.

For me, I have bought a heap of ordinaries and preference shares this year as the progress has become evident, and the potential looks more and more likely to be realised. I have bought them based on that potential and not on their current earnings or potential for dividends in the next year or two.

Several months ago I publicly set a revenue target of two million for the financial year. I said if they achieve this I will be happy as it validates my belief they are on the right track. If they don't, then I will have to reconsider my holding. I am feeling pretty confident they will reach that target.

The more interesting thing to ponder now is what sort of revenues will Blis be achieving in the following few years?

What effect will gain GRASsa have?

What effect will Nestle launching a baby formula product have?

What effect will their research with the other global consumer products company have?

What effect will the numerous other developments have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponda View Post
    Tango,
    You can buy it from a chemist. Well, I've seen it in the chemist where I live, so I presume that you are able to buy it from most chemist shops.

Feedback that we have had on this forum is that it does work well.

Cheers, Ponda
    Where do you like Ponda? I thought the BioGuard product is only available in selected Costco shops it North America?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Who knows how much turnover they will need really but what I can say is:

There are 138,846,586 ordinaries out there.

So, to have EPS of 1 cent they need a profit of $1,388,466

If they were to distribute 100% of the profit that would be your 1 cent per dividend share.

The share price for Blis has always been based on potential and not on revenue or profit.

Back in 2001 (give or take a year or so) when it was near $1 it was based on potential. Five years ago it was around 20 to 25 cents and it was based on potential. Earlier this year it was at 3.5 cents and it was based on potential. The markets evaluation of Blis's potential has reduced hugely over the years! I think the market as a whole gave up on Blis years ago.

It will take a lot of success for Blis to be valued again as a growth company with a share price to match.

But at 10 -11 cents a share with a turnover less than a corner dairy, and no real distributable profit in the foreseeable future, it IS being valued as a growth company - but not widely so. Turnover in shares is pathetically small, and I'd say propped up by the Blis fan club. If a few of the collectors go back to bed for a while the price would quickly go back down.

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Where do you like Ponda? I thought the BioGuard product is only available in selected Costco shops it North America?
    Bugger, my mistake. Sorry for that

Advanced Member

Happily, Tango doesn't have to buy Bioguard, as all Blis products contain K12 and are available at any NZ chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by simla View Post
    Happily, Tango doesn't have to buy Bioguard, as all Blis products contain K12 and are available at any NZ chemist.
    Okay - i will try Blis and see if it helps with my throat! Can't hurt

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    But at 10 -11 cents a share with a turnover less than a corner dairy, and no real distributable profit in the foreseeable future, it IS being valued as a growth company - but not widely so. Turnover in shares is pathetically small, and I'd say propped up by the Blis fan club. If a few of the collectors go back to bed for a while the price would quickly go back down.
    I've been thinking about that and I'm not entirely sure that I agree.

In the coming 12 months, as I read the Blis statements, we could see:
    • some solid growth with existing manufacturers in the US
    • the addition of new manufacturers in the US
    • income from high volume Costco
    • sales in Canada
    • sales in parts of Asia
    • new manufacturers in Asia
    • hopefully some opening sales in Europe
    • launch of chewing gum, probably via several channels
    • initial launch of food products
    • possible launch of another probiotic
    • launch of M18 into broader markets
    • growth in NZ sales
    • some sort of progress in Australia

And the following 12 months could see:
    • growth in the chewing gum market
    • growth in the food market
    • launch of Nestle's first product
    • possible initial launch of toothpaste and beverage
    • growth in Europe
    • growth in Asia
    • more openings in Asia
    • continued growth in the US
    • possible launch in China
    • is India on the list?

If all of that came to pass - and it's a big list - could we really say the current price was not already grounded in the current trading position?

Feel free to disagree that this remarkable list is indeed the understood agenda as far as we know it from announcements, as I find it fairly unbelievably large myself.

Advanced Member

That was such a large list, I thought I better include some references.

Most of it was discussed in the last half year report http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/Sep...r%20Report.pdf . For the bits on China and Nestle, go back to the full year report http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/Fin...ort%202009.pdf . Chewing gum here: http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templat...25529&zoneid=8 Toothpaste was last mentioned in the July 31 Press Release http://blis.co.nz/userfiles/file/BLI...%202009%20.pdf And I put a list of quotes on China in this post by me, http://sharetrader.co.nz/showpost.ph...&postcount=934 The company has not mentioned opening in India, but India is mentioned obliquely from time to time, so I included it as a possible question. And, of course, most of it has been discussed and referenced in different parts of this forum. The launch of another possible probiotic was raised in the half year report ("Other revenue at $365K was primarily derived from an agreement concluded with a major global consumer products company. This agreement is subject to confidentiality and associated developments are expected to be ongoing over the next 18 months.") and may have meant something else entirely.

So, corrections always welcome, and check things for yourself as always, but it seems to me it was said. Some bits are obviously just logical conclusions by me, such as "more growth in the US" for the second 12 months.
    Last edited by simla; 21-12-2009 at 08:11 AM.

CulturedCare.com has gone live. This is the probiotic gum folks for those of you not in the know.

Check em out here:
    http://culturedcare.com/media/canadi...tter-giveaway/

They have issued a press release announcing their new product, and the fact they are going to try to get word of mouth advertising working for them with the help of freebies.
    Here it is:

Canadian Probiotics Try To “Go Viral” with Twitter Giveaway

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 20, 2009

VANCOUVER, B.C., CANADA – This January, Canadian consumers of natural health products will see two things they’ve never seen before. Canada’s first Probiotic Gum, AND a major health product Twitter giveaway.

CulturedCareTM educational director Lucretia Schanfarber thinks the timing is right for the Canadian natural health product industry to start leveraging social media marketing through sites like twitter and facebook.

“We’re going to try something the industry hasn’t done before. We’re giving away 1000 packages of our new Probiotic Gum on Twitter. Best case scenario is that we create a sizable word of mouth buzz for our product launch, and forge new channels for customer engagement that would be impossible through traditional methods.”

Worst case scenario?

“I guess the worst case scenario is that nobody notices or cares and that the campaign flops.”

But she’s quick to add, “Our probiotic gum is backed by science, has clear benefits, and is distributed by a reputable national brand. There’s a very smart, passionate natural health community online and we’re confident that as we connect with these folks our message and product will be well received… and shared.”

If the campaign succeeds, it will be a marketing milestone for an industry that is just beginning its entry into social media marketing.

The CulturedCareTM FREE GUM Twitter Giveaway begins January 7, 2010.
    Details at www.FreeGum.ca

Find CulturedCare on Twitter: twitter.com/CulturedCare

Advanced Member

And if you poke about the face book page, you see, "US distribution will come a bit behind our Canadian launch", whatever that may mean.

It's been a good year for Blis watchers. A year ago, the half year report told of uninspiring revenues, and then the rights issue in Feb/Mar kept everyone on their toes too. But the news was still there throughout for those keeping an eye on the future.

Since then things have been coming together in a very impressive and satisfying way, thanks to a lot of hard work from all those working on Blis. Very many thanks indeed to our powerhouse CEO, Dr Barry Richardson, and to the Board, the marketing team, the scientific team, and all the operations staff at Blis, and to Frutarom, Imagenetix, Tablabs, Nature's Plus, Pharmabroker ... and frankly who knows who else these days, as the number of people involved with Blis just grows and grows. Little old Blis is quickly doing a good imitation of a multinational these days.

So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all. 2010 will be very interesting, I think. Thank you all for your posts and thoughts this year. Subsequent news hasn't yet shown our discussions to be too far off the ball. I've enjoyed everybody's ideas and everyone's company.