sharetrader
Page 1 of 111 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default NWE- the shell and possible 20 bagger

I have been informed that the NWE thread has gone (soldier marching on), and I have had to start a new one...
    that thread was a masterpiece so no doubt those that want to do further research into what has already been posted can look at it here...

http://snitzforum.sharetrader.co.nz/...TOPIC_ID=14520
    The general salute is the best title for this thread, we have upgraded from a soldier even though the SP has be battered lately.... first puffin production is expected in a little over one month...
    Norwest energy is one of the most undervalued oilers on the market, it is more than 100% undervalued on current assumptions...
    NWE is on the brink of a new era as it leaves spec status behind... so lets bring in this new era with a new thread, and celebrate in style... still holding 50% of portfolio on this one stock....
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 25-03-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Default Nwe

I've doubled my holding in NWE over the past 2 weeks Shrewdy.

Have sold of all of my rats and mice and put the funds into NWE and MRX at discount prices.

Hopefully we'll get news that Front Puffin has set sail very shortly, and that any delays at the wellhead have been sorted.

Even in a plunging market it's hard to argue with cash, which is what NWE will have bucket loads of in Q4 2007.

Apart from the puffin wells which I believe will provide NWE with ~70mil cash over the life of the reserve does NWE have much else going for it?

Default Tech Step

I actually bought in initially (last year) because of the Bounder prospect (now re-named Cobra) but this has now been pushed into early 2008 for drilling.

I believe that Puffin is very much the NWE story for the remainder of this year, but something could come from left field at any time - with "left field" being India.

I'm sure that SC will provide a more detailed summary.

Serpie.

Is the puffin income enough to substantially move the SP though?

70mil income for a company valued at 50mil does not seem like much at all IMHO.

Default Nwe

Looking for safe havens at the moment TS, so anything with a revenue stream in place (or imminent) looks attractive.

I take your point though - Puffin has to be seen as a base, with additional value to be added by other projects.

In this case the substantial base that Puffin provides (by way of a royalty with little risk and no work) is ideal, but I dearly hope that the NWE team are not spending their days patting themselves on the back and checking the letterbox for AED cheques.

Bill Bloking has been on deck for a little while now, so I'm hopeful that he's earning his keep as well.

safe havens..........

I would kill for a safe haven LOL!

I personally can't see the SP moving conciderably because the SP would already have discounted the income from Puffin. I doubt that people would of missed the fact that they have money coming in soon...

I am keen to get into the oilers as I believe we will see 100USD a barrel by the end of next year. Even sooner of the US pull out of Iraq.

Even if we get to 100USd per barrel the SP will only move a fraction.

I am just inerested to see if there is any added value apart from the puffin results.

Tech Step

Apart from the puffin wells which I believe will provide NWE with ~70mil cash over the life of the reserve does NWE have much else going for it?
    haha, does NWE have much going for it apart from that?... well that 70m is massive and yes it does have diversification through other assets...
    you said 70million cash.... that is much larger than the market value of NWE... NWE is currently valued at 52million dollars... I reckon NWE will recieve above 100million in royalty payments from AED over a 5-6 year period...and that is without the upside, and what I currently believe will be extracted from the fields... markets are skeptical of 100m barrels recoverable from AED...

NWE have the 3 drill program later this year (aed AC/P22 drills) which NWE will have the 1.25% royalty over... so no doubt that favourable results will impact on NWE... the permit AC/P22 has some monster targets and upside through further discovery cannot be ruled out...

NWE have multiple permits in the North Sea, the Cobra Permit has already had a previous discovery which will get re-drilled...bharat farmed in with another Indian company and will contribute most of the costs... the other permits in the North Sea are surrounded by discoverys, infrastructure is in place, and NWE are in early days of exploration with scesmic detailing/ and interpretation in progress... Cobra is a go ahead as we stand...

NWE have a massive permit in that of AC/P32 where a drill next year will target two structures with 100-200m barrel potential, (first half drill).... JV with Coogee, who is a big fish...

currently has 8million cash, Indian conections(office and Bharat deals/relationships)...great managment... Bill bloking is a true professional... NWE also have a drill with ARQ in the first half of next year...

But yes, Puffin is NWE's biggest asset, it will produce incoming cashflow twice the current value of the company, with big upside... and NWE will have extensive work on their projects in the first half of next year through exploration drilling... exploration targets will be drilled in the AC/P22 program, AED will extensively explore AC/P22 and it is only time before AED discover more oil, we also have NE3 reserves which will hopefully be tied into NE FPSO at some stage...
    To think that NWE willnot discover at all, or will that what currently the company offers is it, willnot be the case...serpie mentions the left field play.... on the right HS of the field is action aswell...
    NWE is currently one of the cheapest oilers on the market...
    expect a big re-rating as first puffin production comes online, NWE will be making so much cash that even they willnot know how to spend it... target drilling is a growth strategy which obviously poses a different set of risks... Cashflow streaming in will help offset some of these risks, as Cash balance will be increasing all the time....
    as I have said, I have 50% of my 3 holdings on this one...
    My old man is in this one... AED production this year in on/offshore Australia is the biggest program about to start production for years to come, this is where the action is... and little NWE will be there to collect chqs...

So to say that this is the end of the road for NWE in terms of further discoverys takes a person with a closed mind, we have all the steps being put into place for the growth, to get those big annoucements that the market just cannot factor in now will take some major drilling decisions on which structures to drill (3rd), and abit of luck... to get the big returns I am in the view that we donot need any further discoverys... to get to $1 plus we do...

Serpie

I actually bought in initially (last year) because of the Bounder prospect (now re-named Cobra) but this has now been pushed into early 2008 for drilling.
    Sir pee...
    Have you heard something I have not? last quarterly activitys report says that negotiations are still proceeding for a Cobra drill this year...?
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

I have just looked at the rating system, and at the moment the NWE thread has a one star, A one star means that people/posters reckon that this is a 'terrible' thread......
    someone doesnot like me eah...... hahaha...
    if you dig this topic then show some support and rate this thread.....
    the NWE thread has made many people cash, and this one would be above 30cents now if it werent for market risk... damn its given people a chance to get in on the cheap...
    having fallen from 35cents to 26cents...
    If you are from RRS then bite me...
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Thumbs up

Not p$ss$ing in you pocket or anything of the kind Shrewdy, but I'll give you five stars for your regular and well considered posts on NWE (and other oilers)......and I don't even hold the stock.