sharetrader
Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Wow- I got a stash of NWE today at 20.5- REAL bargain stuff.

Hawke.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”

Default Nwe

Cheers Seaosh,

If the DOW bounces tonight then 20.5 will be an absolute steal. If I wasn't playing with chump change I'd be pretty stoked right now! Today's close of 23.5 is still way undervalued IMHO, so perhaps we should be hoping for the NWE SP slump to continue so we can fill our boots.

NWE AGM is next Thursday, so they're running out of time to announce any developments about Indian connections or North Sea activities, but Puffin is still the golden goose.

It's time for NWE management to deliver though. They've been too quiet for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    Cheers Seaosh,

If the DOW bounces tonight then 20.5 will be an absolute steal. If I wasn't playing with chump change I'd be pretty stoked right now! Today's close of 23.5 is still way undervalued IMHO, so perhaps we should be hoping for the NWE SP slump to continue so we can fill our boots.

NWE AGM is next Thursday, so they're running out of time to announce any developments about Indian connections or North Sea activities, but Puffin is still the golden goose.

It's time for NWE management to deliver though. They've been too quiet for too long.
    Strange how apart from a brief stint over 30c, since i've been out its hardly threatened to break out above 30c again.

I keep up to date with NWE via SS, but cant work out why its slipping?

Any ideas, Serpie?

Seems to still be a bit of skepticism, which over at SS they reckoned would be over once we cashed our first check. I think it should be coming fairly soon?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by axion View Post
    Seems to still be a bit of skepticism, which over at SS they reckoned would be over once we cashed our first check. I think it should be coming fairly soon?

I wont do it but my opinion of this stock is huge.

I sold out and bought some other good ones but tonite it came over me that if I had to have one stock this would be it at these levels.

Gauranteed income.

I might have to re enter

Good luck guys,,could be big.

Default Slippage

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I keep up to date with NWE via SS, but cant work out why its slipping?
    Any ideas, Serpie?
    I posted a question on SS about 8 months ago about the opportunity cost of holding NWE at that time. I think the SP was in the low 20's then, and there was some frustration about how slowly things were moving.
    Well, it's nearly Christmas, and the one concrete thing that NWE has going for it (Puffin) is not exactly turning to custard, but it's not going great.
    The SP is still in the low 20's, and a lot of confidence has been lost. In a dynamic market it's hard to sit on your hands and hang on to NWE. In the last few days some of the long term holders have packed up their bags, and some of the traders who bought in the high 20's are cutting their losses.
    The only ones that are left are the true believers, the optomists, and the lazy, lethargic, procrastinators like myself.

If you want to read NWE then I think you need to be able to read KB on SS. By watching him, and noting subtle changes in his manner, you can make some guesses about the short term expectations for NWE.
    He's saying nothing at the moment, which can be taken 2 ways. Either he's selling down, or he buying up. I think he's buying up big-time. No one knows NWE better than KB, so I think he's keeping his mouth shut, and letting all of the other chatterboxes talk each other into dropping their bundles into his waiting arms.

With the DOW on holiday today the ASX will be interesting. Without the DOW sheep leading them, all of the ASX sheep won't know which way to run.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    I posted a question on SS about 8 months ago about the opportunity cost of holding NWE at that time. I think the SP was in the low 20's then, and there was some frustration about how slowly things were moving.
    Well, it's nearly Christmas, and the one concrete thing that NWE has going for it (Puffin) is not exactly turning to custard, but it's not going great.
    The SP is still in the low 20's, and a lot of confidence has been lost. In a dynamic market it's hard to sit on your hands and hang on to NWE. In the last few days some of the long term holders have packed up their bags, and some of the traders who bought in the high 20's are cutting their losses.
    The only ones that are left are the true believers, the optomists, and the lazy, lethargic, procrastinators like myself.

If you want to read NWE then I think you need to be able to read KB on SS. By watching him, and noting subtle changes in his manner, you can make some guesses about the short term expectations for NWE.
    He's saying nothing at the moment, which can be taken 2 ways. Either he's selling down, or he buying up. I think he's buying up big-time. No one knows NWE better than KB, so I think he's keeping his mouth shut, and letting all of the other chatterboxes talk each other into dropping their bundles into his waiting arms.

With the DOW on holiday today the ASX will be interesting. Without the DOW sheep leading them, all of the ASX sheep won't know which way to run.
    That is my read as well.I think KB is buying.

Pakistan news is big, especially as Musharraf had a meeting in Saudia Arabia last week.Explosive.

Aussie will be quiet.

Who is this KB?
    NGE, NWE, STX

Veteran novice

Question

Excuse my ignorance, but what is SS?

Hold NWE
    Last edited by macduffy; 23-11-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Add disclosure.

Default KB and SS

KB is King Baz
    SS is an aussie stock chatsite. Sharescene (not sure if that will get through the mods - sorry Vince!).

KB is a very vocal poster on the SS NWE thread, and appears to represent a large shareholding, both directly and indirectly.
    KB is NWE's biggest cheerleader, and is very helpful because he studies the releases from NWE, and their partners around the world, summarises them, and highlights points that he believes to be of interest.
    He is very much the leader of the pro-NWE brigade, which unfortunately also makes him the biggest target.