sharetrader
Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Default Peak Oil

I've just started reading about Peak Oil Bermuda. Your comments at the last ChCh meeting got me interested. I'm only getting started, but scary stuff!
    Hopefully when I learn a bit more I'll be able to ask you some intelligent questions. Until then, I'm hanging on to my oilers!

Agreed - Aussie will be quiet today. It's a good day for the Aussie traders to have off and consider their voting strategy for tomorrow. Might be a good day to sell Uranium stocks too.

Never read SS but the name King Baz seems familiar. Did he used to post here as well?
    NGE, NWE, STX

Default KB

Not that I'm aware of, but if you've been following NWE (which I know you have with great success) then you would've heard of King Baz.

I did notice one post by KB this last week it went something like

"I just spoke to the CEO .... I think I'll keep my mouth shut!" with, IIRC, some smilies pointed around the show.

I also wouldn't trust KB whole-heartidly, though. He was trying to argue with mattyroo over at SS about technical things to do with the drilling. Which seems to be a stupid thing to do when mattyroo is in the industry and has worked on these things before
    Last edited by axion; 23-11-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Default KB

I wouldn't trust anyone posting on these forums wholeheartedly Axion. Everyones in it for themselves.
    KB just stated that he's purchased "7 figures worth" of NWE this week. This should be backed up by some SSH notices out to confirm this soon, but it's not helping the SP again today.

KB is a businessman.... and when your running a business nothing gets in the way of making a sale...you see, axion.... mattyroo is seen by KB as a threat to the thread even though mattyroo has a great perspective to offer....
    I always felt that KB had his own agenda, I felt that he didnt appreciate my postings and saw himself on another level... thats ok with me... so I didnot post there for along time until a few days ago when I made a post...
    KB doesnot like being wrong, ever... hes a smart operator but he is not really any different to any of us... he makes mistakes, when he's disclosed he has at times gotten it terribly wrong... and at times gotten it terrifically right... his mistakes may deter him from full open disclosure...

KB is buying and selling NWE, now thats not generally a problem, but when your going raging bull on a stock and then selling then thats not right... and he has at times been selling when hes been going gang busters on NWE...
    In this game nothing beats full open disclosure... not even a smart operator with all the good oil info...I dont trust KB, he's got number one to look after...
    .. its really just a story of him as a trader and not NWE as a stock...
    I sincerely say good luck to Yah KB...no doubt someone will pass the message along...
    here, pass this message along also....
    <SC
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 23-11-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    I've been scraping up the loose change yesterday and today Tricha, and topped up at 22 and 20.5.
    Too cheap at these levels, and agree that recovery costs related to Puffin do not affect NWE.

Interesting post on SS stated that even at 10,000bopd the increased price of Tapis still results in NWE getting around 90% of the revenue that they originally expected from 20,000bopd.
    The bonus of course is that, as long as the reserve size is unchanged, this revenue stream will continue for twice as long at 10,000bopd, so it's all good for NWE.
    Good one Serpie, the big fat bonus will be production ramped up to 20,000 bopd.
    Can not be far of Northwest announcing 1st cheque received , now I'm up to about 300,000 shares and with the bounce on overseas markets, could be a very rewarding exercise.

Its a few opportune times like this, when Mr Market totally loses the plot when we can all make hay, we should see some fire in the Aussie market come Monday.

Index data delayed 15 min. DJIA12980.9181.84 NASDAQ2596.6034.45 NIKKEI14,888.770.00 RUSSELL755.0314.72 NYSE9582.98177.76 TSX13467.286.20 USD75.07+0.02 Crude Oil98.30+1.01

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    I have been informed that the NWE thread has gone (soldier marching on), and I have had to start a new one...
    that thread was a masterpiece so no doubt those that want to do further research into what has already been posted can look at it here...

http://snitzforum.sharetrader.co.nz/...TOPIC_ID=14520
    The general salute is the best title for this thread, we have upgraded from a soldier even though the SP has be battered lately.... first puffin production is expected in a little over one month...
    Norwest energy is one of the most undervalued oilers on the market, it is more than 100&#37; undervalued...
    NWE is on the brink of a new era as it leaves spec status behind... so lets bring in this new era with a new thread, and celebrate in style... still holding 50% of portfolio on this one stock....
    Flogged of hotcopper and yes this is what makes it undervalued Shrewd, 100% yes, maybe more.

according to the AED release today, the problems at Puffin are equipment related and not reservior related

"".......These three commissioning issues are production equipment related, not reservoir related. All of these issues are expected to be rectified within 3
    months and the Company anticipates a target production rate building to approximately 20,000 barrels per day during this period......""

.................................................. ..................................................

P.S I would not say the same for AED as they are a different kettle of fish, they are wearing the full over run costs.
    But I guess if they get the oil predicted, its a minor issue.
    Last edited by tricha; 25-11-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo

Default Nwe

I've spent the evening on NWE Tricha, and I'm convinced (again).
    As far as oilers go, NWE looks low risk from here. Puffin underwrites the SP up to current values, even with production difficulties, although this also depends on SW being economical. (I dont care whether SW is profitable, as that's AED's problem, much like NE).

But I dont see us getting back over 30c until Cobra is drillled. Too much confidence has been lost in the last week. So it's probably the perfect time to accumulate.

Well lets hope they hurry up and book a rig and date for drilling Cobra then. . .
    NGE, NWE, STX