sharetrader
Page 397 of 733 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 7326

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good on you for paying .....I'm told the game is to scan everything but dont proceed past the pay option....just pretend to swipe your card
    Every time I've been in the Warehouse staff members have been watching the green lights at the top of self-checkouts. There are most likely cameras also trained on individuals using the machines which could easily be triggered should items leave the checkout without payment being processed.

More redundancies ...and prob getting rid of those stupid jewellery departments

More profit for shareholders

Good stuff

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...ndancy-rumours
    good move i reckon probably not a big profit generator and was mainly costume jewellery too wasnt it. so like you say more profit , less inventories , less staff = big win for the bottom line
    one step ahead of the herd

... have power to make you great

More redundancies ...and prob getting rid of those stupid jewellery departments

More profit for shareholders

Good stuff

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...ndancy-rumours
    I know that the company is still employing new staff for replacements in other areas. This is just about the jewellery side winding down i think and could possibly reduce MHJs competition and good for them
    Last edited by Habits; 17-04-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    I know that the company is still employing new staff for replacements in other areas. This is just about the jewellery side winding down i think and could possibly reduce MHJs competition and good for them
    Didn't they say they were open to acquisitions? I wonder if this is a signal that they maybe looking at acquiring an established jewellery chain.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Didn't they say they were open to acquisitions? I wonder if this is a signal that they maybe looking at acquiring an established jewellery chain.
    The Norman’s could help them out

But James Pascoe Group sales are more than the WHS sales
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

The Norman’s could help them out

But James Pascoe Group sales are more than the WHS sales
    They could acquire a smallish chain and then use its experience to build out a bigger national presence, maybe someone like Walker & Hall or Silver Moon.

Alternatively, Michael Hill market cap is currently $340 million...

The Warehouse has confirmed it is proposing to close its jewellery counters but isn’t saying how many jobs are on the line

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/124...llery-counters
    one step ahead of the herd

When did they say they were looking for acquisitions? Wasn't it Rod Duke (Briscoes) that were on the hunt for something else? Or are both retailers looking?

Either way don't think MHJ would be on their radar. The Hills family own ~50% of the company and I imagine they wouldn't part with the company they built until M. Hill is in jewelry heaven.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    When did they say they were looking for acquisitions? Wasn't it Rod Duke (Briscoes) that were on the hunt for something else? Or are both retailers looking?

Either way don't think MHJ would be on their radar. The Hills family own ~50% of the company and I imagine they wouldn't part with the company they built until M. Hill is in jewelry heaven.
    said after earnings: Warehouse Group's balance sheet ready for acquisitions, says CEO Nick Grayston

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OIVJWZCRF6GKE/

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    said after earnings: Warehouse Group's balance sheet ready for acquisitions, says CEO Nick Grayston

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OIVJWZCRF6GKE/

Thank L.E.K. I missed that. Was too busy looking at the glorious margin + sales growth

I guess if they can do another Noel Leeming purchase, which has turned over very successful, we are in for a treat.