sharetrader
Page 360 of 733 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 7326

Did someone say something?
    Attachment 11982
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Did someone say something?
    Attachment 11982
    Someone must have lol. Up again this morning. Maybe some good news coming in October?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Our resident cat is turning into quite an accomplished business journalist. I think he's a little too down-beat on WHS though. 3 year pattern of really good support at $2 and 5 year pattern of a minimum of 16 cps in annual fully imputed dividends.
    From 27 July 2020, my view is unchanged. I think with the massive drop in interest rates in recent months and the strong current trading outlook from HLG the other day people are joining the dots. It crossed my mind to double down last week. Wish I had done it.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Our resident cat is turning into quite an accomplished business journalist. I think he's a little too down-beat on WHS though. 3 year pattern of really good support at $2 and 5 year pattern of a minimum of 16 cps in annual fully imputed dividends.
    Thinly traded stock, (and quite a while between drinks since the last trading update), so any information leaks could easily move the price quite a bit, so yeah, maybe a leaky ship with results pending ?
    From 27 July 2020, my view is unchanged. I think with the massive drop in interest rates in recent months and the strong current trading outlook from HLG the other day people are joining the dots or hearing whispers of information, or maybe both. It crossed my mind to double down last week. Wish I had done it.

If they can maintain their previous track record of 16 cent annual fully imputed dividends that's 22.22 cps gross and a gross yield of just over 10% @ $2.20.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-09-2020 at 11:53 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I think WHS will likely be held up by the media on the wage subsidy - high profile company, who received more than $55m, then restructured and made redundancies.....bit of red shed bashing......

Must be going to announce a 18 cent divie

Noel Leeming doing it for them

We done beagle on your little investment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

WHS got mentioned TWICE in the leaders debate tonight as a company that behaved immorally with regard to the wage subsidy.
    Collins says she'll claw it back. But Ardern doesn't go that far.
    Not a good look.

(does anyone really care though?)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

On the doghouse

WHS got mentioned TWICE in the leaders debate tonight as a company that behaved immorally with regard to the wage subsidy.
    Not a good look.

I don't get what the 'moral' argument is with the wage subsidy and the Warehouse. No-one employed at the Warehouse on the day of lock down lost their job until after the wage subsidy ended, The wage subsidy, as I understood it, was paid in a lump sum. But it all had to be spent on wages eventually. So it wasn't pocketed by the Warehouse. And there were many lock down costs for which the Warehouse received no subsidy. There was never going to be a guarantee that all jobs subsidized would eventually be saved, Some say that these Warehouse redundancies were on course to be made before Covid-19. Are these people suggesting that it would have been better if the redundancies were made at the start of lock down and no wage subsidies were drawn?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Not a good look.

both leaders singled out warehouse , cant see how they can do a dividend now without incurring the wrath of the public and govt now.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    both leaders singled out warehouse , cant see how they can do a dividend now without incurring the wrath of the public and govt now.
    Every hotel took the wage subsidy and they nearly all laid off their staff afterwards, totally unfair to single out the warehouse.