sharetrader
Page 377 of 733 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 7326

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Following closely on heels of what WHS are paying 4 Mar 21 for last year -- SP may well accelerate towards the 4-00
    if they pay an extra generous H1 Interim Div ..
    traditionally whs has paid 10cps in march and around 6cps mid year odd so lets hope that the minimum call is 10cps this march and resumption of full yr divs on current pricing would mean a 7.15% yield very juicy so your $4 might not be out of contention based on these returns in a low rate environment
    one step ahead of the herd

Very strong technical too - weekly bull flag broken bullish. Will be very surprised if this doesn't see at least 350 in the next day.

On my CFD provider they have 12% of their clients value sold short on WHS. They should help the price when they cover their positions.

Advanced Member

The Warehouse seems to have turned things around, onwards and upwards. Lots of good news flowing out of late, looks like it a genuine turnaround story.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The Warehouse seems to have turned things around, onwards and upwards. Lots of good news flowing out of late, looks like it a genuine turnaround story.
    be able to confirm it once the results come out

harvey norman results out today really good result , they are saying sales from jan to current date up double digits on last same period in 2020. So looks like momentum is continuing according to jb and harvey and warehouse

Share price has sure reacted to paying the wage subsidy back, booming sales updates and restating dividends ....and even the prospects of a 20 cent divie over the full year

Share price now about $3.30 - a 7 year high -- and up 65% since October

Share price might even go 7 bucks again - the glory days of before the GFC etc ..... but as Springsteen says glory days often pass in the wink of a young girls eyes and 'A little of the glory of, well time slips away / And leaves you with nothing mister but
    Boring stories of ... glory days'

I feel really bad that I (back in October I 9and to some extent percy) told Beagle why bother with WHS r and he sold o......t of what was going to be one of his high yielding shares. Why I feel really bad .... he could have been looking at maybe 15% plus yield (on what he paid) ...and would have got the 65% gain as well. Whatever he's probably done well with other things in the meantime.

- Momentum got me back in i(not that much) in spite of my bad view of Nick and the company ... I'm hoping for those glory days of 7 bucks again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

WHS certainly has been a surprise and they are doing well at present converting sales momentum into bottom line profit, that's for sure !
    Don't feel bad mate, I can think for myself. I don't ever expect that every decision I make to buy or sell will be a winner but I did use the WHS sale proceeds as part of the funding to back up the truck on OCA at just on $1. 45% inclusive of dividend is not too shabby for the last 6 months with them, especially on top of the 100% profit on the first big tranche of them I bought back in May 2020..

I can't quite work out how WHS have been so successful at translating sales momentum to the bottom line given they're facing the same supply chain and transportation issues as other retailers ? Noel Leeming as we've discussed before several times is without any doubt the jewel in their crown...I guess sales there must be absolutely on fire and at close to full retail. Maybe there's been widespread buying of fridge-freezers to sure up their food reserves ?

How much of the current profitability and sales boom will be durable going forward is the $64,000 question ? Thoughts on second half profitability ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-03-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I think me old mate ratkin bought some about 160 ....doubled his money

Well done ratkin
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think me old mate ratkin bought some about 160 ....doubled his money

Well done ratkin
    Couldnt believe it was matched, some were actually in the 1.50s on the day of first lockdown when Warehouse were told they had to shut. Never expected it to be matched as was just a cheeky offer, but there were literally no other buyers that day and people were panicking.
    What I like about those trades is you can actually see them on the chart, proud that mine were the lowest paid for the stock in well over 10 years.

Just wish I had been braver that day and gone all in on everything but I guess that applies to all of us. Was pretty scary at the time

As for 7 dollars I doubt it, that was in the heyday of the warehouse when the shops were heaving with people and everyone got a bargain.
    Last edited by ratkin; 01-03-2021 at 05:32 PM.