sharetrader
Page 300 of 733 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 7326
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Last Sunday I went to K-Mart Porirua, man is incredible the low prices and relative quality of things there. And a lot of people buying something hard to see in WHS.

Disc: unhappy holder.
    Well I hope you fared better at their self service check out than I did this morning.
    The sow faced overweight help cow put me off ever going back there......K-Mart,The Palms, Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I hope you fared better at their self service check out than I did this morning.
    The sow faced overweight help cow put me off ever going back there......K-Mart,The Palms, Shirley.
    I think generally speaking the self service counter are annoying, even at New World.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I lost money on the Warehouse. I was feeling the tug of sentimentality, as this company is a quintensially a NZ company, but its being squeezed by outside forces and companies which want some of their sales in their pocket. The company is not innovate enough, to make headway. Their only ploy is to borrow and buy out other businesses. I believe the warehouse will continue, however, it will never have growth, or increasing profitability to such an extent that it is considered to be a good investment. At least not in the near future. It is overpriced.
    I've been with paper loss not longer after I bought and never came back. I haven't sold because isn't a lot however I paid $3.74 and I thought if I hold it long enough it might come back. I acknowledge my mistake of buying straight from broker recommendation when I was after a dividend stock having asked about HLG at that time. Anyway is a learning experience and btw I think HLG at that time was around $5.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    I think generally speaking the self service counter are annoying, even at New World.
    I do my best to avoid them.
    Luckily The New World at St.Martins, which is our nearest, has a couple of express lanes which seem to work OK.
    I like shopping at Moorhouse Ave Pak'nSave, as they always have plenty of full service check outs operating.

They good those machines sometimes ......told me to pay a lot less than I was meant to ...it wasn’t a sow faced over weight help cow who I mentioned it to but she said it was all OK

WHS $40 short ...good discount that day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

There is no upside to WHS trading, maybe the next announcement will be a 2% increase in sales, but generally over the long term it will be flat sales and flat profits, until it selltels down to a SP around $1. Then I would suggest, buy and hold a few for a reasonable return.

Every dog will find its best bed to sleep in, and when that comes the $1-00 will be fair value.

percy

THE POWER OF ONE.!
    Well I did go back.Had to buy AA batteries ......Bunnings pack of 30.. $14.99 ..KMart pack of 24 ..$5.00.Had the KMart ones three years ago and they lasted a good while,in fact I think longer than Bunnings'.
    Nice friendly young assistant at the front entrance,who directed me straight to where the batteries were on display.Then she helped me with the selfservice, when she saw I was having difficulties.
    All it takes in retail is one friendly helpful staff member.
    Last edited by percy; 11-06-2019 at 07:12 AM.

On the doghouse

THE POWER OF ONE.!
    Well I did go back.Had to buy AA batteries ......Bunnings pack of 30.. $14.99 ..KMart pack of 24 ..$5.00.Had the KMart ones three years ago and they lasted a good while,in fact I think longer than Bunnings'.
    Nice friendly young assistant at the front entrance,who directed me straight to where the batteries were on display.Then she helped me with the selfservice, when she saw I was having difficulties.
    All it takes in retail is one friendly helpful staff member.
    The only problem is the last time I went to K-mart in Riccarton, there was only one staff member at the checkout complex. If they were already dealing with a Percy, or perhaps not so friendly in the first place you are out of luck. I would say K-mart are one step away from permanently locking the front door and becoming a mail order operation only.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-06-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

At K -Mart St Lukes , the last few times I have been there the queue was very long and this was not on a long weekend or any big sale day. Patronage seems to have increased, where as a the local WHS , much less of a queue from observations - steady but no long queue.

Discl: None held

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    The only problem is the last time I went to K-mart in Riccarton, there was only one staff member at the checkout complex. If they were already dealing with a Percy, or perhaps not so friendly in the first place you are out of luck. I would say K-mart are one step away from permanently locking the front door and becoming a mail order operation only.

SNOOPY
    Just a few friendly helpful staff make such a difference.
    I would have thought it was a "no brainer."