sharetrader
Page 299 of 733 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 7326

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    The biggest discussion point was the difference between their wages and new recruits who know nothing. I would expect someone who has been loyal to this corporation for over 10 years should receive at least $5 per hour more than a new recruit. Their starting wage (in retail) is high at $19.50 per hour. Soon to be over $20 per hour as minimum wage will be there by 2021.
    We are seeing the same thing with KFC protests ... these larger companies are going to struggle to compete as a consequence of minimum wage increases. Those who have been at the company for a while will want pay rises (regardless of performance) also ... the costs will ultimately need to be passed onto consumers who will probably shop "elsewhere" i.e. online from overseas or other competitors.

Good news for shareholders ....cutting heads and becoming more productive

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...bution-centres

At least Nick learnt from all his management studies that staff are just a disposable commodity.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good news for shareholders ....cutting heads and becoming more productive

At least Nick learnt from all his management studies that staff are just a disposable commodity.
    Time to invest....... Not. I wonder if Nick has ever known what it is like to be a staff member in the unknown section? It is horrible for those who have families that cannot plan, because management cannot explain adequately what is going on.

Time to invest....... Not. I wonder if Nick has ever known what it is like to be a staff member in the unknown section? It is horrible for those who have families that cannot plan, because management cannot explain adequately what is going on.
    Got to earn those outrageous bonuses somehow .....something(people) has to be sacrificed eh

hasnt done anything for the share price.

i see the benefits in the distribution move , i see no benefit in there roster trial. dont like zero hr contracts or similar at all people need certainty in life as far as work goes.

The retail giant also plans to move part of its call centre services overseas and to trial a controversial new staff rostering system that has many more worried about their jobs.

one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

i see the benefits in the distribution move , i see no benefit in there roster trial. dont like zero hr contracts or similar at all people need certainty in life as far as work goes.

The retail giant also plans to move part of its call centre services overseas and to trial a controversial new staff rostering system that has many more worried about their jobs.

I thought 0 hr contracts where outlawed.They didn't seem to work for NZ post

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post

Need to do this sort of stuff to just stay in the game

Bastards - “One worker, who had been part of the fulfilment team for four years, found out he could lose his job while at his mother's funeral.”

But shareholders should be pleased with such actions - mightn’t make much more money but keeps the company in the game longer

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/113...bution-centres

Last Sunday I went to K-Mart Porirua, man is incredible the low prices and relative quality of things there. And a lot of people buying something hard to see in WHS.

Disc: unhappy holder.

I lost money on the Warehouse. I was feeling the tug of sentimentality, as this company is a quintensially a NZ company, but its being squeezed by outside forces and companies which want some of their sales in their pocket. The company is not innovate enough, to make headway. Their only ploy is to borrow and buy out other businesses. I believe the warehouse will continue, however, it will never have growth, or increasing profitability to such an extent that it is considered to be a good investment. At least not in the near future. It is overpriced.