sharetrader
Page 307 of 733 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 7326
    Guru

Very strange to me that the trading update announcement wasn't treated as price sensitive. Any old who... the market seems to be waking up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Very strange to me that the trading update announcement wasn't treated as price sensitive. Any old who... the market seems to be waking up to it.
    Maybe the ‘market’ will want to believe any goodish news - do you really believe that things are that honky dory

Different story likely on March 17 I’d say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe the ‘market’ will want to believe any goodish news - do you really believe that things are that honky dory

Different story likely on March 17 I’d say
    Are you calling WHS liars Winner?

Are you calling WHS liars Winner?
    No jonu nothing of the sort

They say they are ‘actively monitoring the coronavirus situation’ .... that’s no doubt true.

They go on to say ‘At this stage, there is not expected to be a material impact on FY20 results’ .....that’s opinion and subjective

Wonder what will come up with after a bit more ‘actively monitoring’ and when reality hits home.

March 17th we will be wiser eh

Guru

No jonu nothing of the sort

They say they are ‘actively monitoring the coronavirus situation’ .... that’s no doubt true.

They go on to say ‘At this stage, there is not expected to be a material impact on FY20 results’ .....that’s opinion and subjective

Wonder what will come up with after a bit more ‘actively monitoring’ and when reality hits home.

March 17th we will be wiser eh
    Their biggest possible issue at this stage would be supply chain. They are very clear that this has not been impacted.

Their biggest possible issue at this stage would be supply chain. They are very clear that this has not been impacted.
    Did they say that?

I only read ‘Group is well positioned with its directly sourced inventory and with branded suppliers.’ ....the good old well positioned phrase eh which could mean anything

Never mind my thoughts ....just believe them and have faith things are honky dory

Guru

Did they say that?

I only read ‘Group is well positioned with its directly sourced inventory and with branded suppliers.’ ....the good old well positioned phrase eh which could mean anything

Never mind my thoughts ....just believe them and have faith things are honky dory
    I think that's the best bet. Rather than someone throwing random grenades.

Advanced Member

Why is the Warehouse being particularly badly bettered? Is it because of the prospect of deserted malls? They do have an online channel which could see more trade than normal if people staying in.
    Normally a good shop in a recession
    Last edited by ratkin; 28-02-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Why is the Warehouse being particularly badly bettered? Is it because of the prospect of deserted malls? They do have an online channel which could see more trade than normal if people staying in.
    Ever tried their online service? It is not particularly exciting compared to the competition (like HLG, Briscoes, amazon, alibaba, ...) - I guess somebody must be the last cab of the rank, but why own it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Ever tried their online service? It is not particularly exciting compared to the competition (like HLG, Briscoes, amazon, alibaba, ...) - I guess somebody must be the last cab of the rank, but why own it?
    Yeah I did buy something off their recently, quite like click and collect, Torpedo Seven pretty decent shop if go when the sales are onThey were starting to do ok recently, bought in at 2.00 a while back and jumped ship at 2.45 the other day
    Last edited by ratkin; 28-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.