sharetrader
Page 330 of 733 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 7330

Unprecedented demand since Level 3 became ....can’t keep up According to story innthevHerald

Wow, what’ll happen when the stores actually open ...mayhem

No worries here
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Warehouse Group proposes axing more than 1000 jobs

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12337940
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Warehouse Group proposes axing more than 1000 jobs

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12337940
    Be good for the share price this week

Senior execs sure earning their outrageous bonuses
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes Tindall was on TV AM Show, saying rich New Zealanders should spend money to help others. Spouting about how lucky he was and how hard he worked. Also those that lost jobs should work hard at getting over it. What a hippocrit. Duncan Garner sucked right up to him. Its a shame Garner did not read Stuff or the Herald before the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Unprecedented demand since Level 3 became ....can’t keep up According to story innthevHerald

Wow, what’ll happen when the stores actually open ...mayhem

No worries here
    On a quick skim read I am impressed with their plan to streamline the business and drive considerably more agility and efficiency and note that in the next 15 months a quarter of their store leases are up for renewal which will allow considerable further adaptability.

I shopped for some winter basics yesterday at the Warehouse and was quite impressed that really good thick fleece products were available at very sensible prices and not emblazoned with gaudy emblems and were in my size range. I bought quite a number of articles and noted at the checkout they have moved to K Mart model where you check out yourself.

I think the company is on the right track and the shares are sensibly priced. I also think they will do well going forward with the recent $25 per week increase in base beneficiaries weekly payment and I am sure Cindy will have more for the Warehouse's target demographic in her next term.

I bought a few shares this morning as I don't think there are any worries here.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

[QUOTE=Beagle;820525]On a quick skim read I am impressed with their plan to streamline the business and drive considerably more agility and efficiency and note that in the next 15 months a quarter of their store leases are up for renewal which will allow considerable further adaptability.

I think their landlords are going to have very sharp pencils to keep them as tenants.
    I would expect WHS to walk away from a number of leases.
    Still a lot of costs involved in closing stores.
    In the meantime we can work out WHS are tied into 75% of their leases, for a period of longer than 15 months.

Market is looking through the Covid 19 restructuring and one-off costs. People need the basics mate, warm winter tops / jackets and 101 other basic items. WHS well placed to provide them and weather any downturn well. The lower end of the retail market will be considerably more resilient than other sectors in my view.

I expect this to spill over into the vehicle market too. Toyota with their sensible pricing and excellent reputation for reliability and modest servicing costs will do a heck of a lot better than for example BMW or Mercedes-Benz in the foreseeable future.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

All retail including new vehicles is changing very quickly.
    A great number of retailers will not survive.A number of mall owners and other commercial property owners will struggle,and I note in ChCh major mall tenants are moving out of malls.
    Back to WHS.Yes they are moving back to their original market position,where they have always done well,but it comes at an ongoing cost.
    I would expect they have a number of doubtful stores with leases of 5 years to run or more.
    So it is not a quick fix,but a must fix to stay competitive.,and so stay in business.
    ps.Wife brought brother in law a couple of pairs of track suit pants yesterday from WHS.Excellent value.
    pps Interesting noting the retailers I expect to survive ie HLG,BGP,and WHS have a very strong online channels.KMD and GXH I have my doubts.
    Last edited by percy; 08-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All retail including new vehicles is changing very quickly.
    A great number of retailers will not survive.A number of mall owners and other commercial property owners will struggle,and I note in ChCh major mall tenants are moving out of malls.
    Back to WHS.Yes they are moving back to their original market position,where they have always done well,but it comes at an ongoing cost.
    I would expect they have a number of doubtful stores with leases of 5 years to run or more.
    So it is not a quick fix,but a must fix to stay competitive.,and so stay in business.
    ps.Wife brought brother in law a couple of pairs of track suit pants yesterday from WHS.Excellent value.
    Yeah I noticed those and that they have really thick warm fleece too. Very warm and toasty
    WHS were a very good dividend payer before this Covid 19 virus. I expect that to be the case going forward so I bought a modest sized parcel for income.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 01:13 PM.

'This is going to be a rough ride': More store closures likely as 1080 jobs hang in the balance, Warehouse Group CEO says.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...group-ceo-says