sharetrader
Page 272 of 733 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 7330
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I’ve hinted for a Nikon D850

At 6 grand odd I think I’ll be buying it myself
    I got off lightly,only $550 with extended warrantee and something else [slim card?].Was reduced from $850.??..lol.
    Thought for a moment it was the $2495 one she was looking at.

W69 you do have rather expensive taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bargain hunting beagle will be at it again this evening...need a new microwave the old one is dead. Noel Leeming have some super black Friday specials on so does the warehouse.
    There was a queue outside the local Warehouse this morning waiting for it to open up at 8am, not something I've seen before. I bought a TV that was $100 cheaper than NL's advertised Black Friday special plus a further 5% off thanks to the warehouse money credit card. Hope you find similar bargains.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I got off lightly,only $550 with extended warrantee and something else [slim card?].Was reduced from $850.??..lol.
    Thought for a moment it was the $2495 one she was looking at.

W69 you do have rather expensive taste?
    Prob a SD card .....stores the images. A bit like a tiny floppy disc of olden days

That camera I want is a ‘cheap’ one but I deserve an updated one I reckon (Doesn’t seem any limit as to how much you can spend) and that’s without any lenses the existing ones will do until I lust after something new. A decent ‘cheap’ zoom lens is just under a grand. Not as bad as one acquaintance who has about 129 grand of gear.

I lead a simple life and no harm in treating yourself every now and again ....and it’s my new retirement hobby.

Hope your granddaughter enjoys her photography - quite rewarding hobby.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    There was a queue outside the local Warehouse this morning waiting for it to open up at 8am, not something I've seen before. I bought a TV that was $100 cheaper than NL's advertised Black Friday special plus a further 5% off thanks to the warehouse money credit card. Hope you find similar bargains.
    Sounds good. Went down to my local mall on Friday evening to engage in some retail therapy and couldn't get a park for love nor money.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Its a tough market out there at the moment for WHS. The traditional Warehouse brand is being competed away from K-Mart, and then online from the likes of Fishpond and Mightyape. The latter of which I use as my no.1 pick now for buying online, most things end up there the next day. I feel as though this will slowly become the norm in NZ if not already.

Noel Leeming is for me the crown jewel of all the companies under the umbrella, but I can't help but think the two brands may be cannibalising themselves. Either way, crucial holiday season for them on all fronts. The retail game is hard, good luck to all parties involved!

disc: I don't invest in retail

Banned

I don't invest in retail either, except HLG, where I have made a real pig of myself.

amazon is live today in australia
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Went into Barrington store last night at about 7pm to buy a bedside clock.
    Managed to find the one I wanted OK.
    Then looked at the large line of people wanting to be served at the one checkout,and put the clock back on the shelf.
    Hopeless.

Hmm - is there something wrong with my eyes or did WHS really manage to break through the MA 100 and now touching the MA 200?

Retail must be doing really well these days if the tide manages to even lift wrecked vessels like that - or is anything changing with the WHS?

Actually - been there recently (looking for some outdoor furniture) and couldn't make out a difference - some stuff is really low quality and cheap as, and other stuff, which looks better, is as expensive as everywhere else.

So - not sure, whether this is just a ripple or whether the tide is turning ... but whatever it is - there are probably much better places to park once money ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

I did see an outdoor setting identical (slightly smaller table but same chairs) to one I bought at Mitre 10 but price was way sharper good quality wooden blend.