sharetrader
Page 266 of 733 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But would you be buying at $1.70?
    A valuation only and I would only buy if I thought they had a new cohesive plan to reinvigorate the brand and drive profit growth going forward. The chances of this happening look slim to me. I think its highly likely this stock maintains its long term structural decline. As noted by other posters above, one of the key issues is staff morale and attitude. They have generally seemed disinterested and unhelpful on the very rare occasion I've stepped inside a red shed. Pretty much along the lines of Jetstar staff, they seem to exude the attitude of I'd really rather not be here but would prefer to be working for a better quality company. Go into a Briscoes, Rebel sports, K Mart or Farmers store and there's simply a better attitude, better product, better environment, just better all round and when you take into account the continuing proliferation of product online and the large store expensive lease footprint of WHS I don't think the Warehouse brand is fixable. Sure they can reintegrate Warehouse stationery which is a good idea but its not a game changer.

How do you see it playing out long term Winner ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-07-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ad during News on One - Warehouse selling a CD of Maria Dallas greatest hits. Not that cheap these ads at this time of the day.

Ad probably mostly paid for by the recording company ....but jeez brings home what The Warehouse really is these days .....hmmm

Maria Dallas probably before Beagles time ...but Percy probably enjoyed Tumblin' Down
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

What's a CD ?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    What's a CD ?
    1966.Vinyl records .!!!
    I really do feel old at times.
    My first year at work.
    Big fan of The Beatles,rather than Maria Dallas..
    Big spill on my bike, witnessed by all the Hutchinson Motors mechanics,one of whom blew up some poor clients car,leaving oil on the road ,which because it had starting rainning I did not see.They all cheered.!
    Two years before I brought my first shares in M.O'Brien Footwear.Lesson learnt, never buy anything connected with shoes.
    Only just still a virgin.!
    Last edited by percy; 28-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    What's a CD ?
    A way of supporting an artist you love without being beholden to Google, Microsoft, Apple, Spotify et al for the rest of your living days?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    A way of supporting an artist you love without being beholden to Google, Microsoft, Apple, Spotify et al for the rest of your living days?
    ....but I have no cd player anymore ....or a laptop with such a drive

Still have a turntable for the vinyl though

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Lol, nice one, like choose a media and distribution channel that has a worldwide market or choose a media that wins 1 in 1000 passers-by while busking on the Main Street.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Lol, nice one, like choose a media and distribution channel that has a worldwide market or choose a media that wins 1 in 1000 passers-by while busking on the Main Street.
    May not be busking on Main Street, but two young NZders started their musical careers, busking on the streets of Berlin.
    They are known as "Charity Children." Can been seen on You Tube.

under $2 probably go much lower if you follow wall st opinion on department stores

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/15/inve...ney/index.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    under $2 probably go much lower if you follow wall st opinion on department stores

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/15/inve...ney/index.html
    Myer an ongoing disaster in Australia ......share price now 70 when IPOd over 400 which is only a reflection of company / sector performance

Bit more upmarket than Warehouse but a department store nonetheless