sharetrader
Page 347 of 733 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 7330

A thing that really happened:

Ordered 2 items online. When the email confirmed the items are to be picked up, picked the items from the shelve, went to the check-out, showed the cashier the invoice and the cashier waved me right through.

A few weeks later, an email reminder arrived to pick up the items. I confirmed that the items were already picked up.

A few weeks later, another email reminder to please pick up the items...this time a $5 bonus card eas offered on pick up. Went to the Warehouse, the collect operator could not find the package. So the operator picked up the 2 items from the shelve and handed them over.

Then I made sure that the operator removed the 2 items from the computer. Once the operator confirmed, I just then handed the two items back and told them that I had picked them up months ago.

Operator clearly confused, but handed me a $10 discount card...I am honest, butI do not reject a gift.

In the end, got the 2 items for a 45% discount.

For the Warehouse sake I hope this was a once off situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I would agree with that. Sort of funny recent experience - my old trustworthy printer not anymore supported by the latest windows screw up. Decided to buy a new printer (hey, the old one is more than 10 years old) ... and Warehouse Stationary had according to their web page a reasonable candidate on offer (marked as "in store"). I ordered and waited for the promised delivery within 2 to 4 business days.

Funnily enough 8 days after the order (and payment) I get another email from them:

I guess seriously - if they need to have "their best people looking through their stores around the country" for the whereabouts of a printer they already sold over their website (i.e. they have no clue where it might be and it is lots of effort to find it), than absolutely - they will have to put a lot of effort into improving their logistics. Maybe start with implementing a simple ERP system?

Just wondering - or does anybody think they lied at me and they never had this printer they sold and took money for in the first place?
    Actually - I have to report now that their product delivery process as well as their online customer service is atrocious. They didn't come back to me to tell me that their "best people" weren't able to find the printer I bought and paid for, they just clandestinely refunded my money back into my credit card account without further information. I was still waiting for delivery and called today their "customer service" to find out that they refunded the money and closed the order (without informing me about this fact).

Funny thing is - they still offer the same printer on their web page marked as "in stock". Apparently they do not deliver the products they have in stock to their customers, and the organisation which does did not have stock and threw my order out of their queue.

After having talked today to three of their customer reps I can confirm as well that the warehouse is happy to lie to their customers (when I asked whether their email lied to me, they said "it's just an automated email", which seems to make it o.k.) and, no, they don't see a reason to improve their processes ....

Will drive now into town to buy a printer ... but for sure, it won't be a printer from the warehouse or of any of its affiliated businesses.

Better AVOID ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    A thing that really happened:

Ordered 2 items online. When the email confirmed the items are to be picked up, picked the items from the shelve, went to the check-out, showed the cashier the invoice and the cashier waved me right through.

A few weeks later, an email reminder arrived to pick up the items. I confirmed that the items were already picked up.

A few weeks later, another email reminder to please pick up the items...this time a $5 bonus card eas offered on pick up. Went to the Warehouse, the collect operator could not find the package. So the operator picked up the 2 items from the shelve and handed them over.

Then I made sure that the operator removed the 2 items from the computer. Once the operator confirmed, I just then handed the two items back and told them that I had picked them up months ago.

Operator clearly confused, but handed me a $10 discount card...I am honest, butI do not reject a gift.

In the end, got the 2 items for a 45% discount.

For the Warehouse sake I hope this was a once off situation.
    I recently got a reminder to pick-up my daughters bike which we ordered for Click & Collect via T7. But we had picked it up 2 weeks before (and then the pedal literally just 'fell off' on the very first ride - so much for safety!!).

Previous "purchase" ordered something off T7, order confirmed, money taken - then advised out of stock. No assistance with a replacement/alternative.

Previous purchase to that at T7, again out of stock and customer service was rude and arrogant.

Either very unlucky or a pattern emerging......

Funny thing is - they still offer the same printer on their web page marked as "in stock". Apparently they do not deliver the products they have in stock to their customers, and the organisation which does did not have stock and threw my order out of their queue.
    Well, there could be some entertainment value in continuing to order it and then sending the directors a letter detailing your experiences.

Actually - I have to report now that their product delivery process as well as their online customer service is atrocious. They didn't come back to me to tell me that their "best people" weren't able to find the printer I bought and paid for, they just clandestinely refunded my money back into my credit card account without further information. I was still waiting for delivery and called today their "customer service" to find out that they refunded the money and closed the order (without informing me about this fact).

After having talked today to three of their customer reps I can confirm as well that the warehouse is happy to lie to their customers (when I asked whether their email lied to me, they said "it's just an automated email", which seems to make it o.k.) and, no, they don't see a reason to improve their processes ....

Will drive now into town to buy a printer ... but for sure, it won't be a printer from the warehouse or of any of its affiliated businesses.

Better AVOID ...
    As a small shareholder I am disappointed to hear this and my own experience of delivery under lockdown was well and truly sub par including really sub par communication when I laid a complaint for late delivery. It would appear to me a major shake-up is required in their online services. Lots of dead wood lazy and incompetent staff need to be cleaned out by a competent manager and replaced with those with a polite can-do "the customer is always right" attitude. I have a very small nursery holding and won't be adding to it until I see how the financial results look and quiz the directors at the annual meeting on their online staff performance.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Actually - I have to report now that their product delivery process as well as their online customer service is atrocious. They didn't come back to me to tell me that their "best people" weren't able to find the printer I bought and paid for, they just clandestinely refunded my money back into my credit card account without further information. ....
    That is a terrible experience. What a shocking waste of Human Resources if their "best people" were deployed to hunt down a stock item. Presumably their "worst people" are in management and inventory control and software implementation?

Of course the "best people" line was the load of baloney they deploy to fob off unhappy customers. They have obviously polished that skill as a priority.

I have had a few comparatively minor unhappy "shopping experiences" with them over the years, so my custom goes elsewhere these days. Even if what I buy costs a few bob more!

Veteran novice

To my surprise I'm able to report a positive experience with a company I don't much admire nor have invested in for many years. My wife decided to buy me a heated throw - rather like an electric blanket but used as one would a rug. The local Warehouse was said to stock them but had sold out by the time my wife got around to the actual buying! Helpful staff offered to check around other stores to obtain one. Wife paid accordingly - big mistake says I. A few days later a phone call confessed that the search had been unsuccessful; refund necessitated a return trip; refund effected; very junior staff member offered to resume the search; search successful, item located at a small outlet "up North"; transaction completed; happy customer.

What a lovely "warm" experience, (sorry couldn't resist) Didn't even know there was such a thing. Now I want one !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Better AVOID ...
    Jeez driving into town. .....risky. .....watch out for escapees and the virus .....take care bp
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ....I have a very small nursery holding and won't be adding to it until I see how the financial results look and quiz the directors at the annual meeting on their online staff performance.
    Ahem, excuse me ... Sir ... the dog sled team have...ahhh... asked me to (shuffling of paws) ... on their behalf ... express some... ahhh ... concern about the ....ammm.... quality of up-ramping recently.

Discl: hold (dog sled team Beagle)