sharetrader
Page 270 of 733 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 7330

yuk now revenue in decline but they say its temporary ,,,, but isnt amazon open soon ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yuk now revenue in decline but they say its temporary ,,,, but isnt amazon open soon ?
    Pretty terrible sales report eh

They struggle no matter what they do eh

Probably Mr Tindal while on holiday thinking how he can cash up his holding before it gets much less valuable.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I can't believe it but I am going into bat for this company, (not so far as to buy the shares though) at least at this stage anyway.
    I actually think their recent advertising campaign of every day low prices is a very good one with nice bright cheerful and creative advertisements and its about as sensible a strategy as I think they can muster going forward. Hits the nail very sweetly on the head for their target market in my opinion and the exit from the finance business also made good common sense. Noel Leeming continues to be a star and is an excellent brand in my opinion.

At the right price which is still quite some way south of here I feel, I might be tempted to stick a paw up for some.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I would stay away from this one. Flailing revenues will continue into the future with or without Amazon in NZ and the growth of platforms such as Fishpond and Mightyape really sticks in the knife into it. Lets not forget K-Mart.

Don't like the language of management in the releases. They seldom are honest about their downfalls and have given very poor reasoning on reducing sales numbers. I don't see how a systems integration reduces sales for Warehouse Stationary by 7.2%..

Also the strategy presentation makes me a little bit queasy. "New rules of retail" just makes me realise that maybe WHS has seen the light finally on what is actually going on in their space now in 2017 relating to the online space and margins and not pretending about what they wish it was, or how they have been operating up to this point. A 105 page bloated slide presentation on it is actually a bit ironic.

Worked in the retail space a few years ago and I'm sure a few of the dinosaurs from my time will still be spurting about what the consumer wants or how they shop forgetting this is not the mid 2000s. I distinctly remember being told in the early part of this decade about internet shopping being a 'complement' and a 'side product'..

http://www.4-traders.com/WAREHOUSE-G...364/consensus/

Has been subject to a number of repeated analyst downgrades, previous to this most recent announcement they saw fair value at $2.08.
    Its difficult to imagine that there won't be another round of analyst downgrades coming after this latest announcement.
    Risk does indeed appear to be for ongoing downside and its hard to form any other impression than that the tide continues to go out for this company and with their very high cost extensive network of leased stores, lower sales and compressed margins with high overheads leaves plenty of potential to inflict more pain on investors.
    The trend with this one is definitely not your friend. There's better opportunities for those that like retail, Briscoes and HLG have a nice niche in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-11-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Want to buy an item worth about $500
    Need to talk to someone about the item.
    Noel Leeming won't answer their phones.
    Two other retailers have the item.
    Going elsewhere.
    Retail is about customer service and Noel Leeming ain't got it.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Going elsewhere.
    thats terrible, dont worry amazon is said to be opening in time for xmas , there big wigs were spotted in melbourne last week preparing
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Going elsewhere.
    And you know this applies right across the Noel Leeming chain of stores because you tried ringing one store...

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    And you know this applies right across the Noel Leeming chain of stores because you tried ringing one store...
    An old timer once told me “Our business is only as good as our worst employee”

Never forgot that and repeated it many times ...esp to the manager of that worst employee
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

On the opposite side to this NL price matched PB P10 price of $399 for a mate earlier today.

And I never stick to one branch of any retailer. HN Moorehouse are Nazis. Hornby branch quite superb.