sharetrader
Page 308 of 733 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 7326

This is one of the strangest drops to me. They have turned around performance recently and pay a strong dividend. Definitely considering buying in here. Any thoughts?

Veteran novice

Perhaps it's more a matter of fear that their supply change is/will be disrupted. After all, not much of their stock isn't imported, largely from Asia.

percy

Going into a lot slower period for retailers,so the affect may not be so great.
    Winter clothing deliveries would be their major concern.
    I expect there will be some shortages,and I think we will be surprised by what they are.
    In ChCh with the earthquakes, the major need was for water,and then loo paper.
    Great window of opportunity for most retailers to clear out the back storeroom.!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 29-02-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did they say that?

I only read ‘Group is well positioned with its directly sourced inventory and with branded suppliers.’ ....the good old well positioned phrase eh which could mean anything

Never mind my thoughts ....just believe them and have faith things are honky dory
    A few days later

Coronavirus: The Warehouse Group warns of up to eight weeks of stock delays

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12313226
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

The warehouse price was all over the place today, I will probably buy back in when all the shortages are happening hopefully all the negative news will send the price down nice and low.
    Eight week delay on winter clothing seems quite significant, it basically a season of clothing written off, but in the great scheme of things it will be a one off, and supply will all be hunky dory again in a few more months

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    The warehouse price was all over the place today, I will probably buy back in when all the shortages are happening hopefully all the negative news will send the price down nice and low.
    Eight week delay on winter clothing seems quite significant, it basically a season of clothing written off, but in the great scheme of things it will be a one off, and supply will all be hunky dory again in a few more months
    reading the article in full gave quite a different impression to the sensationalist headline about 8 weeks.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Not a bad result out today and some interesting comments.
    Their factories in China are back up and running, which is good news. The big unknown is the virus coming here.
    Obviously if it did then it could be bad, but other than that looks pretty positive. They are normally a decent recession stock

No, not bad at all. I sold 2/3rds a few months back and decided to keep a third to see what happens. Has anyone noticed how busy the Warehouse is just now? It's not supermarket busy but there's a steady stream of people loading up on stuff. It's the busiest I've seen it for years.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    No, not bad at all. I sold 2/3rds a few months back and decided to keep a third to see what happens. Has anyone noticed how busy the Warehouse is just now? It's not supermarket busy but there's a steady stream of people loading up on stuff. It's the busiest I've seen it for years.
    Of course. They sell toilet paper, don't they?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Will go down to Barrington to investigate , trouble is they may not be open for much longer, at least the supermarkets will still make money in a lockdown, warehouse wont, apart from a bit of online buying