sharetrader
Page 346 of 733 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 7330
    percy

QBE must employ very slow analysts W69.
    We could have told them this a very very long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    i can see where MR B is coming from here. but i wonder how WHS will fair in the provinces. will wait for an update and put on the whatch list... never go into the red sheds...
    I think they will do just fine in the provinces. That's the thing, they have over 200 stores throughout the country so are very well placed to meet the need for consumer basics for all Kiwi's.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    QBE must employ very slow analysts W69.
    We could have told them this a very very long time ago.
    That was how I thought when I read the article
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Rave review of the Reject Shop TRS in Aussie

Maybe heaps to be made from cheap stuff ....but Reject has lots of smaller stores v Red big boxes

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...188325b9fc3241

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rave review of the Reject Shop TRS in Aussie

Maybe heaps to be made from cheap stuff ....but Reject has lots of smaller stores v Red big boxes

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...188325b9fc3241
    Looks to be a lot of future rave profits already built into TRS's share price.
    eps negative 62.1
    PE....negative 12.05
    Dividend yield 0%.
    Interesting noting their share price is half it was 10 years ago.
    Last edited by percy; 08-07-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Warehouse group sales booming

Everybody wants to shop there ...good stuff

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/355968

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Warehouse group sales booming

Everybody wants to shop there ...good stuff

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/355968
    Yes/No.
    Very cautious out look which I share.Looks as though it will be a difficult Christmas and a very long hard 2021 year.
    Online "logistics" needs a lot of work.I guess having the revenue means they can get it right.At this stage 11.8% of total sales means a lot more growth will be, and is, avaliable.I expect they should see this channel more than double in the next year or two,and I can see no reason why it should not be more profitable than their stores.In fact properly done it should be a lot more profitable..

Trading update looks quite satisfactory to me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes/No.
    Very cautious out look which I share.Looks as though it will be a difficult Christmas and a very long hard 2021 year.
    Online "logistics" needs a lot of work.I guess having the revenue means they can get it right.At this stage 11.8% of total sales means a lot more growth will be, and is, avaliable.I expect they should see this channel more than double in the next year or two,and I can see no reason why it should not be more profitable than their stores.In fact properly done it should be a lot more profitable..
    I would agree with that. Sort of funny recent experience - my old trustworthy printer not anymore supported by the latest windows screw up. Decided to buy a new printer (hey, the old one is more than 10 years old) ... and Warehouse Stationary had according to their web page a reasonable candidate on offer (marked as "in store"). I ordered and waited for the promised delivery within 2 to 4 business days.

Funnily enough 8 days after the order (and payment) I get another email from them:

Dear ....

Unfortunately we've not been able to locate the following items just yet.

We’ve got our best people looking through our stores around the country for you. This can sometimes add a few additional days to the delivery and we apologise for the delay. We'll get back to you with an update within 5 days.

I guess seriously - if they need to have "their best people looking through their stores around the country" for the whereabouts of a printer they already sold over their website (i.e. they have no clue where it might be and it is lots of effort to find it), than absolutely - they will have to put a lot of effort into improving their logistics. Maybe start with implementing a simple ERP system?

Just wondering - or does anybody think they lied at me and they never had this printer they sold and took money for in the first place?

PS: I uninstalled my latest windows update and my old printer works again, i.e. quite relaxed to see the story unfold - otherwise the warehouse would have now a really angry customer ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 09-07-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I think the update was as good as we could expect - the next couple of months will be telling though. I'm happy to hold at this point