sharetrader
Page 289 of 733 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 7330

I do believe it is the top Management who are taking the business into a wrong direction. Their strategies aren't good enough to compete with other businesses. Warehouse acquired shotgun supplements website few years ago which was a thriving business. But they managed to take it to the bottom and now it has been bought by their competitor which is a very small family owned business.

When I read good things about how Nick is turning around Warehouse Group in the changing world I just remind myself to look at Sears share price.

Nick was part of the turnaround team at Sears before being ‘head hunted’ down under

Nick does great presentations though .....knows how to do those very well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Has to be done to ensure the top management huge bonuses are safe. Weren’t they over 10 million for the top dogs.

Sometimes union guys are quite perspective ......"...... Other retail companies are thriving. It suggests to us that the new company bosses just don't know how to do business in New Zealand. "

Top tier management in line for massive bonus's, over $10m if my memory serves me correctly and that was just to keep the ship afloat at the same level and try and stop the rot. I was appalled at the extent or the original bonus scheme and really I am not sure what's more sick, the level of the bonus's or the way they're going about trying to achieve them, probably both equally bad !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Getting rid of hundreds of staff should help the share price

Shareholders (and potential ones) like that

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Getting rid of hundreds of staff should help the share price

Shareholders (and potential ones) like that
    Viscous circle if it is front line staff.
    Any further deterioration, of already poor service, will result in greater customer losses,which will lead to more job losses,which will lead etc etc..
    Last edited by percy; 02-07-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Viscous circle if it is front line staff.
    Any further deterioration, of already poor service, will result in greater customer losses,which will lead to more job losses,which will lead etc etc..
    The Warehouse Troughers won't be affected, their snouts will be well covered, Lol.

It is amazing that few retailers ever seem to struggle because of excessive leverage, misconceived strategies, or inability to meet the needs of their customers.

They struggle because of unseasonable weather, or some unexpected adverse effect, or greedy landlords and a raft of other reasons.

Yes Nick and your excessively paid cronies ....your strategy is crap and your execution even worse.

Plan another 200/300 reduction in headcount or else the shareprice will collapse through the 2 buck mark and your bonuses will dissipate with it ....no worries your people are only a commodity aren’t they
    Last edited by winner69; 08-07-2018 at 08:45 PM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/105...in-the-regions

K-mart looks like it is ramping things up & looking to take more market share.

Good little quiz in the middle of the article too (trying to guess the K-mart product vs the Up-market product .....for those interested, I scored 6/10!)

I got the neon flamingo one wrong

Advanced Member

I finally sold out of WHS a few months back (at a loss) despite spending lots on refurbishing stores they still looked the same to me and the headers on the aisles are confusing. I also don't think they make enough noise about being one of the best payers of staff in the retail sector.