sharetrader
Page 268 of 733 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 7330

This concept has already been used on a smaller scale within the group. The best example I can think of (from personal experience working there) being Torpedo7.

In Auckland there are two T7 stores that have No.1 Fitness within the store. The Albany one has been around for a while, and after the Penrose No.1 Fitness store closed it moved to be inside the Mt. Wellington T7 Store. It is my personal opinion that the Chch No.1 store will move into the Tower Junction T7 in due course as well. Not everything that was in a standalone N1F store is stocked, only the top selling SKUs (so you can get the more obscure stuff online or on-order).

Within No.1 Fitness stores there has also been a push to get Shotgun Supplements represented better, with greater product depth etc. So a "store within a store within a store".

The push towards this is not a surprise to anyone who has worked in any sort of "back office" role within the group in the last couple of years. I believe WHS' ultimate goal is to have all their brands represented under one roof, so that you can walk into a big red shed and shop for your cheap tat from the Warehouse section, then get outdoors gear from T7, electronics from Noels etc. The smaller brands will just have their top products represented.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Glad that they cut the financial services but that result is terrible especially after offsetting that with the sale of New Market. Tough times for WHS. EPS decline.....I dont like it, lets see the markets reaction this morning.
    I reckon the market has already priced in a worst case scenario so status quo I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    This concept has already been used on a smaller scale within the group. The best example I can think of (from personal experience working there) being Torpedo7.

In Auckland there are two T7 stores that have No.1 Fitness within the store. The Albany one has been around for a while, and after the Penrose No.1 Fitness store closed it moved to be inside the Mt. Wellington T7 Store. It is my personal opinion that the Chch No.1 store will move into the Tower Junction T7 in due course as well. Not everything that was in a standalone N1F store is stocked, only the top selling SKUs (so you can get the more obscure stuff online or on-order).

Within No.1 Fitness stores there has also been a push to get Shotgun Supplements represented better, with greater product depth etc. So a "store within a store within a store".

The push towards this is not a surprise to anyone who has worked in any sort of "back office" role within the group in the last couple of years. I believe WHS' ultimate goal is to have all their brands represented under one roof, so that you can walk into a big red shed and shop for your cheap tat from the Warehouse section, then get outdoors gear from T7, electronics from Noels etc. The smaller brands will just have their top products represented.
    no1 within torpedo 7 doesnt work that well i reckon , when you buy gym gear you like to try before buy esp exercise equipment , very limited options on display in store , have talked to people who have brought no1 on line only to receive and then relise it wasnt fit for purpose.

warehouse within warehouse is different proposition
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    no1 within torpedo 7 doesnt work that well i reckon , when you buy gym gear you like to try before buy esp exercise equipment , very limited options on display in store , have talked to people who have brought no1 on line only to receive and then relise it wasnt fit for purpose.

warehouse within warehouse is different proposition
    Haha why does your line "wasn't fit for purpose" sound so familiar to me ...

I also agree that N1 within T7 doesn't work well. The hope was - I believe - that people into outdoors lifestyle pursuits would also be swayed by home gym equipment. However, this really isn't the case.

I always believed that N1 would have been better served chasing the light commercial market (office gyms, hotel gyms, PT businesses etc). Home fitness is on a decline because gyms are so cheap - you can't finance a treadmill + basic weights setup for less than you can get a 24hr gym membership.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    Haha why does your line "wasn't fit for purpose" sound so familiar to me ...

I also agree that N1 within T7 doesn't work well. The hope was - I believe - that people into outdoors lifestyle pursuits would also be swayed by home gym equipment. However, this really isn't the case.

I always believed that N1 would have been better served chasing the light commercial market (office gyms, hotel gyms, PT businesses etc). Home fitness is on a decline because gyms are so cheap - you can't finance a treadmill + basic weights setup for less than you can get a 24hr gym membership.
    no1 would have to substantially upgrade the quality of there equipment to go for the big end of town, there current range is aimed at the same market as the warehouse - brought a cage and lat attachment a while back from no 1 and its not bad for the money i paid but this isnt a reflection on overall quality some of there stuff is garbage so need to do your homework.

elite fitness is middle to upper end of market , no 1 bottom to middle

agree gym membership cheaper than buying top quality equipment
    Last edited by bull....; 22-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    no1 would have to substantially upgrade the quality of there equipment to go for the big end of town, there current range is aimed at the same market as the warehouse - brought a cage and lat attachment a while back from no 1 and its not bad for the money i paid but this isnt a reflection on overall quality some of there stuff is garbage so need to do your homework.

elite fitness is middle to upper end of market , no 1 bottom to middle

agree gym membership cheaper than buying top quality equipment
    Agreed - I was involved with No.1 for some time and most of the equipment we had was squarely aimed at the "infrequent-moderate use" home market (people who buy a treadmill thinking they'll use it every day, after 3 months it's gathering dust etc).

Unfortunately for them, this is the exact market that is in decline.

But with regards to WHS as a whole, N1 hardly registers in terms of importance anyway. I am interested to see where WHS heads over time - it does feel a bit of a dinosaur, but they have the big brand recognition and presence.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Got this email this morning.

Looks like they're not doing the traditional sales model anymore. Going to be low prices "every day" instead.

Attachment 9195

https://i.imgur.com/aAqxWJC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Looks like they're not doing the traditional sales model anymore. Going to be low prices "every day" instead.

Attachment 9195

Certainly a strategy we should support. Doubt however that it goes down well in NZ's "sale"-driven culture ... lets see.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post

Attachment 9195

Works very well with Kmart business and its about time warehouse did that, so that people can go anytime and get lower price rather than mark it up hugely and have a sale every now and then.