sharetrader
Page 5 of 733 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

THE KING says never BUY shares on a long weekend this is a good time for BAD news, But yesterday the large turnover was not hard to notice large sellers but large buyers around $4.01 its good money for NZ.. [^]

It seems some one with large pockets wants the price to hold now this is where you need inside INFORMATION.. [^][^]

Banned

quote:Originally posted by THE KING

It seems some one with large pockets wants the price to hold now this is where you need inside INFORMATION.. [^][^]
    Funny you say that King. I have been thinking that there is organized support being exercised on this one for quite some time. I have a feeling it may be coming from Amro's.

Guru

quote:Originally posted by belgarion

donner, aggree that their seems to be 'organised support' but I have no idea where it is coming from. As I've posted before, At 4.00 WHS is way overvalued including Oz and undervalued with Oz excluded ... And my gut tells me that WHS will fight it out in Oz ... and eventually win. It just won't be this year. Sub $4 is a certainty.
    Agree too. One wonders if those crossings at $4.00 were "real" transactions or just pseudo ones to make it appear like there was a large buyer at $4.00. Call me a cynic but it looked too good to be true.

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by winner69

Remind you that 4th quarter salesa were dismal

Red Sheds up 7.3% - same store 4.2%
    Stationery down 5.6% with same stores down a whooping 17.3%
    Australia down 6.3% - same stores down 7.5%

Maybe the 1st quarter sales following the same trend and that is what is causing the latest weakness. Early November will this be confirmed?

When you consider that the Red Sheds 2nd half profitability was behind the prior year what real hope is there of improved profits this year?

Price deflation is a killer for the likes of WHS - especially when operating costs are going up.

Look at one of their recent catalogues - prices this year compared to 'last years price' are highlighted throughout. Something I saw was $75 this year compared to $88 last year - thats a lot less $ margin for WHS as well and the indications are they are not selling heaps more units to make up the shortfall.
    Winner, sorry about late reply, but remember the effect of the strong dollar.

Their margins may be at similar levels as they will be paying less in $NZD terms for imports.

quote:Originally posted by thereslifeafter87
    [br .....but remember the effect of the strong dollar.

Their margins may be at similar levels as they will be paying less in $NZD terms for imports.
    The strong dollar is the problem.

WHS seem to have a cost plus selling mentally - so lower product costs are passed on to consumers

Margin %age stay the same - $ margin goes down .... unless they sell heaps more units ... and they don't appear to be doing so

While expenses such as wages and store overheads go up WHS makes less than before .... even the Red Sheds made less in the second half of last year than the year prior.

WHS unlike the likes of HLG who keep the benefits of lower import costs for themselves

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

THE KING says this so call "Organised support" which somehow dose stand out could after consideration be the No 1 shareholder Mr T.. direct holds 27.54% but with others around 50% control.. [^]

Not knowing his personal bis arrangements could need to hold a certain price to stop a possible Bank call, so to throw a few Million in you own company would not go astray ANYWAY.. [^][^]

THE KING says we will have to see what GOES on today BONG.. [^][^]

Guru

quote:Originally posted by THE KING

THE KING says we will have to see what GOES on today BONG.. [^][^]
    I see there is another related party notice out today and Mr Head Honcho is selling more shares.

Not a good look if you ask me.

bizarre - why doesnt Tindall tell him to stop!!
    try underwater salvage... cos its there... somewhere... maybe...

Obviously doesn't understand the concept of Captain going down with ship