sharetrader
Page 494 of 733 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544594 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its the age old priced for perfection argument though isn't it mate. Are their better gains to be had backing the underdog with plenty of room for improvement on a (soon to be historical) PE of 7 or the retailer priced for perfection on a forward PE of 18 ?

For years people on here told me RYM was the best pick and about 6 years ago I called it as priced too much for absolute perfection and its underperformed the rest of the sector ever since.

I reckon there's more money backing underdogs on dirt cheap metrics with plenty of room for improvement.
    So backing KMD @ around 45 should be a great underdog to back

percy

Its the age old priced for perfection argument though isn't it mate. Are their better gains to be had backing the underdog with plenty of room for improvement on a (soon to be historical) PE of 7 or the retailer priced for perfection on a forward PE of 18 ?

For years people on here told me RYM was the best pick and about 6 years ago I called it as priced too much for absolute perfection and its underperformed the rest of the sector ever since.

I reckon there's more money backing underdogs on dirt cheap metrics with plenty of room for improvement.
    Best of breed.MFT,EBO,FPH,FRE,and POT,just keep on performing.
    The mongrels ?..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 19-09-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Banned

"Helping Kiwi's live better every day" http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...487/332946.pdf See pages 44 & 45.
    Heartwarming stuff. Probably a cut and paste job from the Oil industry or big tobacco....

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    Heartwarming stuff. Probably a cut and paste job from the Oil industry or big tobacco....
    Nice cyclical try but it doesn't hold water...
    51 pages is too big to cut and paste https://www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz/...port_20211.pdf
    I'll spice that up with some stuff about Diversity and Inclusion and Te Reo just for you https://www.thewarehousegroup.co.nz/...sity-inclusion
    Of course you're free to believe whatever you like. I believe they provide essential basics to ordinary Kiwi families at a very affordable and fair price.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

All that stuff must cost zillions - formulating the strategy and rules, continuous monitoring, reporting, ticking the boxes, taking action again those that don't comply etc etc ...and then producing that report

Wonder how many zillions spent ...and what return on the 'investment'

Suppose shareholders pay for this
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All that stuff must cost zillions - formulating the strategy and rules, continuous monitoring, reporting, ticking the boxes, taking action again those that don't comply etc etc ...and then producing that report

Do you know what helped sir stephen tindall to establish The Warehouse succesfully... by investing big on a comprehensive computer system to manage inventory and was ahead of his competitors

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    Do you know what helped sir stephen tindall to establish The Warehouse succesfully... by investing big on a comprehensive computer system to manage inventory and was ahead of his competitors
    Was a good move …..and gave him a competitive advantage

Was a bit embarrassing though when they had to own up the computer was counting the stock wrong and they had to write off zillions.

Habits. …you remember when they sold grog

I hear ya that ESG is costly...but the pure capitalist cynic in me thinks that whether all this ESG stuff is just greenwashing / environmental & social grandstanding or whether it has more substance to it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day customers lap this stuff up like a lamb desperate for a feed of its mothers milk and the net cost is therefore negligible provided the company doesn't do a Synlait on us and go really "extremist".
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

... have power to make you great

Habits. …you remember when they sold grog
    No I dont actually winner but I bet there is a yarn in that bottle