sharetrader
Page 123 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 7330

Just received WHS dividend in the bank..nice, plump and full of chocolately goodness...a happy bunny! Coming back from its highs hopefully will produce a few buying opps.

Received mine and spend some of it on chocolates/goodies at the big red shed. All involved in the big red and blue shed

Some divvy recipients may be tempted to buy more shares in this seemingly never ending low interest enviroment, after all it's probably the best place to tuck a few $ (particularly for those with a "Cyprus" concern)

What can I say, nudging $4. Birmanboy I know you will be also be feeling the love. By the way we have two Birmans. WHS getting back as a dominant retailer. Lots going on, the moss has stopped growing.

THE WAREHOUSE GROUP LIMITED
    Sale of Silverdale Centre
    Following the marketing of the Silverdale Centre, announced on 8 March 2013, The Warehouse is pleased to advise that it has entered into unconditional contract with DNZ Property Fund to sell the Silverdale Centre. The recently completed shopping centre has over 23,000m2 of fully leased area on leases to a range of tenants including The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery and Noel Leeming.
    Settlement of the sale is expected to be completed on 1 July 2013. Once completed this sale is expected to realise gross proceeds of $78 million. The sale proceeds will be reinvested in the business in line with the priorities identified in the company's strategic plan.

ENDS

Wish I had some spare cash to get into this one.

Yes KT positively purring here. We have three rather elderly but very lovable fur children. I must admit to feelings of greed ...always have a hankering to sell up when faced with sizeable cap gain sitting looking at me. WHS has been having a dream run. Hope you are enjoying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    What can I say, nudging $4. Birmanboy I know you will be also be feeling the love. By the way we have two Birmans. WHS getting back as a dominant retailer. Lots going on, the moss has stopped growing.

Always easy to get carried away when times are good, but, if as I suspect BB, you are probably like me-take the solid divs. If you cash up the next decision, as always, is where to invest the funds. It's nearly always an easier decision to buy than it is to sell when sitting on gains. It's called holding your nerve until you feel the time is right to exit.

Veteran novice

Yes, WHS' business is looking to be in better shape these days and the SP is doing very nicely. I just wonder though how much of that is due to WHS and how much to the state of the market generally? A rising tide and all that.

Still a long way to go to the heady heights of 2006/07 but I don't expect a repeat of the takeover talk of those days. Still, $4ish is nice.

Yes I call it Jekyll and Hyde time. My plundering internal pirate says ..I'll take me some of that loot and the conservative me in cardigan, walk shorts and knee socks likes the solid divs and worries about finding another similar if I sell it off.... Havent figured out how to solve it so usually do nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Always easy to get carried away when times are good, but, if as I suspect BB, you are probably like me-take the solid divs. If you cash up the next decision, as always, is where to invest the funds. It's nearly always an easier decision to buy than it is to sell when sitting on gains. It's called holding your nerve until you feel the time is right to exit.

Hi Macduffy.Thanks for your post, always enjoy them for being constructive. Regarding the 'rising tide' comment I obtained the following information from Yahoo NZ Finance site. Very useful in comparing any stock to stock. Movement in % compared to NZX50.
    WHS NZX
    1 month 15 4
    3 mths 25 7.5
    6 mths 22 13
    YTD 33 11
    1 yr 52 29
    2 yr 11 10
    No contest clearly. No doubt there will be other stocks that have done as well if not better than WHS but no concerns WHS resurrection is on back of rising tide(albeit a small component).