sharetrader
Page 147 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 7330
    Veteran novice

Yes, it was Woolies who floated the rather grandly titled "Shopping Centres Australasia Property Group". Now listed on the ASX - SCP.

Gerry Harvey has argued in the past that his company's properties value isn't fairly reflected in the company's shareprice. The counter argument is that changes in the retail scene may cause purpose-built retail properties to lose value in future.
    Last edited by macduffy; 17-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Yes along the lines I was going to say macduffy.
    Unless the property can be converted relatively cheaply to something else say warehousing/storage or housing area, as shopping moves to internet based what use is a large number of actual brick & mortar shops

Will be interesting to observe market behaviour from 2-8th April as I would not be surprised to see some sort of tactics employed to get the average CLOSING price of WHS down, as it's guaranteed that the max. SPP price is $3.23.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Will be interesting to observe market behaviour from 2-8th April as I would not be surprised to see some sort of tactics employed to get the average CLOSING price of WHS down, as it's guaranteed that the max. SPP price is $3.23.
    Its been trading consistently under max SPP price this week so probably no tactics needed just keep the status quo going next week

I think I have a solution...if you sell some at an asking price of $2.85 or so I'd be happy to buy them for you to help reduce the average price.....its a sacrifice I know but for the greater good I am prepared to help out.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Yes it would be a tricky game to play as it is only the CLOSING price of each day that is of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    I think I have a solution...if you sell some at an asking price of $2.85 or so I'd be happy to buy them for you to help reduce the average price.....its a sacrifice I know but for the greater good I am prepared to help out.
    FOR or FROM ??
    BB

For would be excessively generous even for my charitable nature..so allow me to clarify.....FROMMMMMMMMM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    FOR or FROM ??
    BB
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by birmanboy View Post
    for would be excessively generous even for my charitable nature..so allow me to clarify.....frommmmmmmmm.
    Bugger !!!
    Bb

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Not sure I understand - what would be the point in playing games with the share price? If it goes below the SPP price, than people don't need to wait for SPP, but can just buy the cheaper shares on market anyway. Who would gain by artificially depressing the SP?